Favourite picture?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Favourite picture?

Post by Althamus »

Simple question: Which is your favourite still picture from the game?
I really meant pictures from the gallery, but if you have a particular ingame shot you love, that works too.

I think mine would have to be either the picture of Hanako when she's playing pool, or the picture of Hanako smiling when she's lying on her bed under her covers. Or possibly the picture of Lilly hugging Hanako on the white background. I already see picking one is going to be hard xD
But all of those pictures just evoke teh feels for me so much. I have a rotating KS set of backgrounds on my computer, and whenever one of those come up I just D'awww.

Of special mention is Shizune's bad ending picture, which I think is wonderfully well done and also evokes teh feels, if not quite the same feels. They did such a good job of making the picture so sad T_T
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gRaViJa

Re: Favourite picture?

Post by gRaViJa »

Hisao and Emi standing at her father's grave was special to me and evoked lot's of emotions.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

For me it was when Rin was looking up at Hisao while she was getting her head dried with a towel. Her eyes are so adorable!

I liked Shizune's bad ending one too, for all the wrong reasons. Her sitting on the steps with her bag and the cat that Hisao gave her... I didn't care for Shizune or her route but that was some heatbreaking stuff right there.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Emi and Hisao anal scene. Due to how hilarious it was for both parties involved.

All the good ending images

Shizune and Hanako's bad ending images. Due to how heartbreaking nad bittersweet both scenes were.

Kenji taking off his glasses and smiling weakly.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

Manly picnic. Duh.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

I thought Rin in the fields at the good end was special.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Hanako's Rage, 'nuff said.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

There are a lot of images from the game that are emotional because of the context of the story surrounding them (Hanako's kiss in the streets, Lilly's confession in the field of wheat, Emi and Hisao standing at her father's grave, the zoom out as Shizune and Hisao watch the stars during the festival, Rin in the field of dandelion seeds), but for sheer visual impact, I have to go with:

Hisao and Rin smoking in the atelier

Look at the composition: how the shadow of the skylight frames their faces and centers the image, but also represents the gap of understanding between them, as the area between their faces is almost completely dark. But the cigarette fills that dark area and acts as a bridge, something that connects them. The mess of Rin's work surrounds them on all sides, and Hisao's off-kilter tie shows that he is not unaffected by it. Look at the shared expression on their faces, one of simultaneous wonder and weariness, of joy and sadness combined. Not to mention, in the game itself, the entire scene is given a spinning animation, which adds a sense of danger and action, as well as further focusing the composition.

If I were going to show a still from KS to someone who knew nothing about the game to make a case for how beautiful the artwork is, this is probably what I would use.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Hanako and Hisao's kiss (good ending) and Lilly and Hisao hugging in the wheat field confessing.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Not part of the game itself, but I think this is one of my favorites
Attachments
Rawr.jpg
Rawr.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 6675 times
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Shizune in a Yukata. She look so...so...
...'right'. It just suits her so much.

That scene just made me fall in love again XD
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
E-Ibarazaki

Post by E-Ibarazaki »

There are several, but I'll just pick three for this thread:

- The one where Hisao first sees Emi without her legs sitting on her bed, recovering from her fever.
- Lilly giving Hanako a motherly hug.
- Shizune and Misha in the student council classroom. Misha is staring at the sunset and Shizune is working on something.

E
V_nce

Post by V_nce »

Id definitely go with the part where Hanako gives her very first gift to Hisao.
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Hm, I really liked Hanako playing pool and giving her first gift to Hisao. I really thought her holding the gifts she received from Hisao and Lilly on her birthday was amazing, too.

I liked the picnic scene with Hisao, Emi, and Rin as well.

As well as Hisao/Lilly hugging in the field.

Yeah...
2 mile+ walk each day.
Days: 30
Days Missed: 1 (due to rain)

Post by Guest »

Mirrormn wrote: Hisao and Rin smoking in the atelier

Look at the composition: how the shadow of the skylight frames their faces and centers the image, but also represents the gap of understanding between them, as the area between their faces is almost completely dark. But the cigarette fills that dark area and acts as a bridge, something that connects them. The mess of Rin's work surrounds them on all sides, and Hisao's off-kilter tie shows that he is not unaffected by it. Look at the shared expression on their faces, one of simultaneous wonder and weariness, of joy and sadness combined. Not to mention, in the game itself, the entire scene is given a spinning animation, which adds a sense of danger and action, as well as further focusing the composition.

If I were going to show a still from KS to someone who knew nothing about the game to make a case for how beautiful the artwork is, this is probably what I would use.
I think that this was my favorite scene in the game. It was very emotional for me, and very dream like.