Most Physically Attractive Girl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which of the girls in Katawa Shoujo is the most physically attractive?

Emi Ibarazaki
12%
Hanako Ikezawa
17%
Lilly Satou
29%
Rin Tezuka
4%
Shizune Hakamichi
13%
Shiina “Misha” Mikado
8%
Yuuko Shirakawa
2%
Akira Satou
3%
Miki Miura
6%
Mrs Meiko Ibarazaki
5%
Sae Saionji (Nomiya's friend)
0%

Total votes: 3221

Mirrormn

Re: Most Physically Attractive Girl

Post by Mirrormn »

With regards specifically to game art, I have to go with Hanako. There's something about her balance of traditional sexiness and ultra-reserved shyness, her elusive but genuine smiles, the analytical gaze she adopts while concentrating, and her long flowing purple hair that make her totally irresistible. The problem is, I think the game art probably softens the ugliness of her scarring by a huge amount. In the game, her scars don't bother me whatsoever; in fact, I would even say they are attractive. In real life, such scarring would give a completely different impression. It would, frankly, be hard to get over.

From a more realistic viewpoint, I would have to go with Lilly, for reasons that have been repeated countless times so far.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I know this maybe weird .... but where is Iwanako ??
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

rydiafan wrote:I know this maybe weird .... but where is Iwanako ??
At least she has a nice hair and probably a nice butt too.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Precisely why. This is weird. I'm not sure anyone can objectively deduct Iwanako's physical attractiveness, assets, prettiness, cuteness, or even true character, so what the hell would she be doing in this poll?
Tomate wrote:
At least she has a nice hair and probably a nice butt too.
If this was a game with models, like an adventure or cRPG in which you'd actually move Hisao around, there is about 50% possibility that they'd re-use Hanako's model in different clothes and show it from behind just to avoid having to work on a different one.

She's heavily clothed. Turned away. We can't see NUTHIN except that her "hair are nice" if you like long haired girls. I cannot judge the attractiveness of someone like that.
PAddy wrote:Lilly is tall, elegant, and I think we have much the same personality (well, sometimes :oops: ). I love her big, blue eyes, and long, blonde hair. And that smile. That calmness. (I haven't quite gotten through act 2 yet, so I don't know if I'm missing something.) And half-Scottish? :D

I've yet to play Hanako's route just yet, but despite the scarring, she's fairly attractive. I've always loved darker hair colours. She's so cute when she's shy. If she were outgoing, I'm not sure I would like her so much.

And while Emi's a pipsqueak (I actually think I like that she's shorter than me), and does pigtails - ugh - I like her spirit. Her natural, chipper bubbliness makes me happy (unlike Misha's which feels unnatural and annoying). Her unwillingness to completely give herself to our relationship is aggravating, but sticking out to the end despite everything is very, very rewarding, and left me with a very warm feeling in my heart.
Well, I did mention that if it's THAT important, one's cheerfulness or amount of smiling can go into the "reaction", but I hardly see these things as part of physical attractiveness... You actually mention things you DISLIKE about her appearance more.

Also Misha's act feels unnatural precisely because she is acting, well, mostly. We can get a bit suspicious when Shizune mentions how much she sleeps.

If you're at Act 2 and we're mentionig Lilly's attractiveness, you're obviously missing two things in the description :
BOOBIES + HEALTHY ADOLESCENT SEX DRIVE.
So, yes. Very important three, ugh, two things. Very, very important things.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Rivan wrote:
Precisely why. This is weird. I'm not sure anyone can objectively deduct Iwanako's physical attractiveness, assets, prettiness, cuteness, or even true character, so what the hell would she be doing in this poll?
If you turned her around you'd probably see something along the lines of Heath Ledger's Joker.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Rivan wrote:
If you turned her around you'd probably see something along the lines of Heath Ledger's Joker.
Pure awesomeness?
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Rivan wrote:Well, I did mention that if it's THAT important, one's cheerfulness or amount of smiling can go into the "reaction", but I hardly see these things as part of physical attractiveness... You actually mention things you DISLIKE about her appearance more.
Whatever. :roll:

Just to plunk my two cents in, though, I'd say that a girl with Lilly's body but with Shizune's (or - God forbid - Kenji's) personality would be of very little interest to me. Part of what attracts me to Lilly is her personality. Another part is her body. Most of what attracts me to Emi is her personality - namely her perseverance (at first and in exercise anyway).

In other words, I like girls not just for their bodies, but also for their personalities - their souls, if you will.
Also Misha's act feels unnatural precisely because she is acting, well, mostly. We can get a bit suspicious when Shizune mentions how much she sleeps.
That makes it worse. If she's ACTING, then obviously that isn't who she really is. I don't want to get to know a facade. I want to know a real person. You know?
If you're at Act 2 and we're mentionig Lilly's attractiveness, you're obviously missing two things in the description :.
Lilly had me sold with the hair, the being tall, and the being friendly. :) The rest is a big, big bonus. :mrgreen:
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Paddy wrote:That makes it worse. If she's ACTING, then obviously that isn't who she really is. I don't want to get to know a facade. I want to know a real person. You know?
Ahahaha, ah ah ah ah, ah hee, ah hee, ah hoo, ah ha. I think it would be beneficial for you to play Shizune's route before making swift judgments, good sir.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
YeOldGrog

Post by YeOldGrog »

All the girls in KS are very attractive to me in their own way (like the devs intended) which is why this question is not as simple as it seems. In terms of the most attractive character upon first glance to me, i would say Lilly. Mainly because I like tall women who are proper and well-kept. But at the same time I like sporty girls such as Emi, who even though she is not tall she still captures my heart with her puppy-dog look. I have nothing against the other characters, such as Rin, (who i find very attractive and amazing) I would just have to get to know them before I could truly be physical attracted to them.
"There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for."
-Mohandas K. Gandhi -

Post by Guest »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Paddy wrote:That makes it worse. If she's ACTING, then obviously that isn't who she really is. I don't want to get to know a facade. I want to know a real person. You know?
Ahahaha, ah ah ah ah, ah hee, ah hee, ah hoo, ah ha. I think it would be beneficial for you to play Shizune's route before making swift judgments, good sir.
I did. :oops:

I wish I could see more.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I definitely would give the number one spot to Lilly, as what can I say, I'm a sucker for the taller, busty type. I'm not necessarily a fan of the whole blue-eyed blonde thing, but it definitely works in LIlly's favor.

As for the second spot, I really, really can't decide, so I'll abstain. I think it's a toss-up between Shizune, Emi's mom, and Miki.

...And Misha.

...And Akira.

Yeah, like I said. Difficult time.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Paddy wrote:
Rivan wrote:Well, I did mention that if it's THAT important, one's cheerfulness or amount of smiling can go into the "reaction", but I hardly see these things as part of physical attractiveness... You actually mention things you DISLIKE about her appearance more.
Whatever. :roll:

Just to plunk my two cents in, though, I'd say that a girl with Lilly's body but with Shizune's (or - God forbid - Kenji's) personality would be of very little interest to me. Part of what attracts me to Lilly is her personality. Another part is her body. Most of what attracts me to Emi is her personality - namely her perseverance (at first and in exercise anyway).

In other words, I like girls not just for their bodies, but also for their personalities - their souls, if you will.
That makes it worse. If she's ACTING, then obviously that isn't who she really is. I don't want to get to know a facade. I want to know a real person. You know?
If you're at Act 2 and we're mentionig Lilly's attractiveness, you're obviously missing two things in the description :.
Lilly had me sold with the hair, the being tall, and the being friendly. :) The rest is a big, big bonus. :mrgreen:
1. Wait. Let me get this correctly. By saying that, you mean... No, that's impossible. I doubt that'd be the case, but... well, no, I don't think so... but maybe, there's always a chance. Basically what you mean is... YOU'RE HUMAN?!?!

:D

Sorry, but it's obvious that if this was "the girl you like the most" topic, or "your dream girlfriend" or whatever else topic, personality would be of hellish magnitude and importance. To me as well, of course. But I made this topic since the emotional side of the game is already spread all over these boards and as the OP i asked specifically : pluck out their souls. Which do you keep as a love doll? :D (Well, it was not so grotesque and brutal originally. I just asked which is the most physically attractive with the emotional side put away).

I picked Misha as my number 1 choice, in terms of pure physical attractiveness. Lilly was only second place. But if you count the personality in, Lilly curbstomps Misha and uses her as spice to eat all the other girls together with Rin for lunch. Rin is awesome, too, but in a different way.

2. There's little pieces and shards of (Misha - Shizune) = Shiina Mikado spread all over the game. You can sometimes tell she's acting differently. Most of it is in the Shizune path, but, because of the way her feelings are, and the way she is, the way her relationships are... she is forced to act like someone who is not exactly her.
sporkaganza wrote:I definitely would give the number one spot to Lilly, as what can I say, I'm a sucker for the taller, busty type. I'm not necessarily a fan of the whole blue-eyed blonde thing, but it definitely works in LIlly's favor.

As for the second spot, I really, really can't decide, so I'll abstain. I think it's a toss-up between Shizune, Emi's mom, and Miki.

...And Misha.

...And Akira.

Yeah, like I said. Difficult time.
Ahh, the dilemma :D I was at a loss to whom exactly was spot 2,3, and 4 for me. But in terms of physical attractiveness, it was always Misha with some rivalry from Lilly, Meiko and Miki. The rest are pretty much downhill compared to them.

I can get how Shizune is attractive, but... she kinda misses something to me. I don't know. Or maybe my brain refuses to acknowledge her as that by association with her loathsome personality, and I'm not being objective myself. I don't know...

Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Rivan wrote:
1. Wait. Let me get this correctly. By saying that, you mean... No, that's impossible. I doubt that'd be the case, but... well, no, I don't think so... but maybe, there's always a chance. Basically what you mean is... YOU'RE HUMAN?!?!

:D

Sorry, but it's obvious that if this was "the girl you like the most" topic, or "your dream girlfriend" or whatever else topic, personality would be of hellish magnitude and importance. To me as well, of course. But I made this topic since the emotional side of the game is already spread all over these boards and as the OP i asked specifically : pluck out their souls.
Forgive me. I'm new to the boards. :oops:
Which do you keep as a love doll? :D
That's a way to put it. :P
I wish I'd said Lilly and Shizune, then. Short hair aside... Shiz is the shiz, dawg. ;D
I picked Misha as my number 1 choice, in terms of pure physical attractiveness. Lilly was only second place. But if you count the personality in, Lilly curbstomps Misha and uses her as spice to eat all the other girls together with Rin for lunch. Rin is awesome, too, but in a different way.
Not physically, I take it?

2. There's little pieces and shards of (Misha - Shizune) = Shiina Mikado spread all over the game. You can sometimes tell she's acting differently. Most of it is in the Shizune path, but, because of the way her feelings are, and the way she is, the way her relationships are...
Yeah, I notice it sometimes. I played it through. And while I have some sympathy... well, never mind. It's not that kind of thread.
I can get how Shizune is attractive, but... she kinda misses something to me. I don't know. Or maybe my brain refuses to acknowledge her as that by association with her loathsome personality, and I'm not being objective myself. I don't know...
I know, right? Her face, with those glasses, kinda make her face look like a grouchy old man. Or something like that.
If the face could be tweaked a bit, though, you'd have to pick her.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Paddy wrote:
Not physically, I take it?
To be perfectly honest, I'd say Rin is pretty clearly the least attractive girl in the game. Doesn't keep her from being my favorite overall.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
SephkaBlight

Post by SephkaBlight »

Voted Lilly and Miki

Surprised Miki doesn't have more votes :<