The plot speculations thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khaos

Re: The plot speculations thread

Post by Khaos »

ParagonDoD wrote:Here's something I thought of. . .Rin's personality might be affected/fake due to insecurities

It's sort of foreshadowed at some points. . .notice how often her actions seem to be "rehearsed" or "artificial"? Sort of like how much the heart was mentioned in the intro.

It could make for a good emotional scene, but ultimately I hope it's not the case. I'm really stretching here anyway.
Perhaps I would agree if you were talking about Lilly or Misha, but I don't see it with Rin.
Probably too much personal opinion here.
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

The only thing that actually happened was the opening scene in the snow. Hisao is still in the hospital on life support in a coma.
The school and all the people who go there are just apart of his dream. In the True End of the game, if Hisao comes to terms with each of his emotional issues that everyone in his dream represents or tries to help him overcome (It cant be mere coincidence that every character seems to have a lessen to teach him, Yuuko and the elephant in the room, Nurse and staying healthy to name the most obvious), he will wake up. Also it turns out Iwanako was visiting him everyday the whole time he was in a coma. Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

Nosson wrote:The only thing that actually happened was the opening scene in the snow. Hisao is still in the hospital on life support in a coma.
The school and all the people who go there are just apart of his dream. In the True End of the game, if Hisao comes to terms with each of his emotional issues that everyone in his dream represents or tries to help him overcome (It cant be mere coincidence that every character seems to have a lessen to teach him, Yuuko and the elephant in the room, Nurse and staying healthy to name the most obvious), he will wake up. Also it turns out Iwanako was visiting him everyday the whole time he was in a coma. Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.
Oh wow, I can hear the "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"s now.
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

Nosson wrote:The only thing that actually happened was the opening scene in the snow. Hisao is still in the hospital on life support in a coma.
The school and all the people who go there are just apart of his dream. In the True End of the game, if Hisao comes to terms with each of his emotional issues that everyone in his dream represents or tries to help him overcome (It cant be mere coincidence that every character seems to have a lessen to teach him, Yuuko and the elephant in the room, Nurse and staying healthy to name the most obvious), he will wake up. Also it turns out Iwanako was visiting him everyday the whole time he was in a coma.
Stop it! Now!
Nosson wrote:Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.
No arms, no legs, blind-deaf-mute-scarred with drill hair?

PS: Dream ends are forbidden!
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
kobe

Post by kobe »

no..oh god...this reminds me of this piece of copypasta about pokémon, where the author describes a theory that says ash is dreaming all his adventures, and it makes sense. Srsly, if this game has a 'dream ending' I'm gonna feel pretty bad for Hisao.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

If a game this good ends up having a dream ending, it would be quite the cop-out. Not that I think the devs are going to do anything along those lines. Though what might be interesting is if there was a part of the game where Hisao ends up dreaming that his time at Yamaku was a dream, and he dreams of an alternate reality with Iwanako or something, but when he wakes up it turns out that everything is normal again.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Nosson wrote:Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... arch=delta

Nuff said.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

cpl_crud wrote:

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... arch=delta

Nuff said.
Saw that on 4chan. Creepy.

Post by Guest »

Hanako is a closet arsonist

WHAT A TWIST
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Well, I'm going to guess that Nurse-man is in some way related to Emi, but I don't think that exactly counts as speculation.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

what if instead of opening up hanako stays closed off but now has hisao as part of her world. I could see her becoming really clingy in this situation. Do you think she would wear hisao out?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ubergeneral wrote:what if instead of opening up hanako stays closed off but now has hisao as part of her world. I could see her becoming really clingy in this situation. Do you think she would wear hisao out?
I'm pretty sure one of the Hanakos that existed in the past was like this.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Envy

Post by Envy »

Lilly's other sisters are-

(USER WAS TOASTED FOR THIS PROAST)
Roxius

Post by Roxius »

Envy wrote:Lilly's other sisters are-

(USER WAS TOASTED FOR THIS PROAST)

What happened here?
You just KNOW there's gonna be a Nurse X Akira X Hanako threesome witnessed by Yuuko at SOME point during the Emi path...in Lilly's room.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Saw this posted elsewhere:

In the final game, after all five main routes + the hidden Kenji route are completed, another six Alter routes will open up, giving the True End to each of the routes that the player went through previously.

Hanako is not ashamed of her scars, she is very bad at keeping secrets and is incredibly paranoid that, if she becomes too comfortable around someone, she will accidentally let slip the fact that she caused the fire that scarred her. Intentionally. When she lets this slip, she panics and runs away--and that night, she burns down the school, starting the fire right outside Hisao's dorm, killing him.

She previously revealed this info to Lilly, a serial killer who takes advantage of her disability to draw suspicion away from herself. In Lilly's Alter Route, she blackmails Hanako into attempting to kill Hisao and Shizune, unbeknown to the player. Hanako succeeds in killing Shizune and the fire she sets in Hisao's dorm claims Kenji's life, but she is caught and shot by the police as she flees. The game ends as Hisao, attempting to comfort Lilly over the loss of her friend, finds himself run through his heart by the blade hidden in Lilly's cane.

The thalidomide poisoning that Rin suffered in the womb left her with not just disfigured hands, but a disfigured brain. She is slowly developing paranoid schizophrenia. Emi manages to coax her into a rooftop lunch, but secretly brings Hisao there for what is by then old times' sake. Feeling conspired against, Rin leaps through the unrepaired section of the fence attempting to escape and dies.

As Hisao learns sign language, Misha becomes less and less necessary in Shizune's route, leading the two to grow apart. Misha is reluctant to accept this, and begins stalking the two and threatening Hisao. The route ends as Hisao enters Shizune's dorm to find her breathing heavily with an enraged look on her face, standing over a bloodied Misha's corpse. She frantically signs "SELF DEFENSE! SELF DEFENSE!", splattering blood on Hisao, who flees and, in his panicked state, has a heart attack before he can uncover the whole truth.

In Emi's route, the enthralled Hisao sneaks across campus to her dorm one night to hear a mysterious pound. Hisao peeks in the window to see Emi, furious with tears in her eyes, righting herself and once again attempting to walk without the use of her prosthetics. Hisao sneaks away and finds Emi acting chipper as ever the next day; disturbed, Hisao spies on her nightly from then on as she continues to fail at her attempts at walking, spiraling down into self-abuse, bludgeoning and cutting her stumps in furious bouts of self-hatred. Eventually he is caught spying on Emi and assumed to be a peeping tom. He is sent to prison, where he is shivved in the spine and killed.

Kanji's route ends in exactly the same manner as the main game. THE FEMINIST CONSPIRACY IS REAL. THEY ARE AFTER US.
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?