Emi's Bad Ending Made Me Sad

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

psyclown85

Emi's Bad Ending Made Me Sad

Post by psyclown85 »

I don't know exactly why but at some point I took a wrong turn with Emi and have became seriously upset in real life do to the bad ending of her story. I find that most bad endings result in me feeling depressed for days to weeks just because of what happened. This happen to you for this ending? Any thought about it? I thought she was a heartless *****. Made me mad and upset.
NoOne3

Re: Emi's Bad Ending Made Me Sad

Post by NoOne3 »

1.Start again
2.Go for the good ending
3.????
4.Profit

And in my very humble oppinion she's a ***** just as Hisao is a **** in bad ending, so basically they very much fit together as a result.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

**** all you ****ing ******s. Stop ****ing replacing every god**** thing with these ****ing asterisks.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Bad news. I found Emi's bad ending the least traumatic of all of them. At least you only part on semi-decent terms and agree not to date as opposed to the other bad endings where much worse things can happen.

But yea, getting the bad endings is a real kick in the teeth because you relate so much to the characters and want them to do well together T_T

Next time talk to Misha when you get the chance :P.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Althamus wrote:Bad news. I found Emi's bad ending the least traumatic of all of them. At least you only part on semi-decent terms and agree not to date as opposed to the other bad endings where much worse things can happen.

But yea, getting the bad endings is a real kick in the teeth because you relate so much to the characters and want them to do well together T_T

Getting yelled at to get out and then just avoiding each other for the rest of your lives is "decent terms?" I think you were thinking about her more neutral end. Emi's bad end hurt like hell when I read through it but that's just cause I totally recognize the avoid each other forever method from personal experience.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Cyraknoss wrote:
Althamus wrote:Bad news. I found Emi's bad ending the least traumatic of all of them. At least you only part on semi-decent terms and agree not to date as opposed to the other bad endings where much worse things can happen.

Getting yelled at to get out and then just avoiding each other for the rest of your lives is "decent terms?" I think you were thinking about her more neutral end. Emi's bad end hurt like hell when I read through it but that's just cause I totally recognize the avoid each other forever method from personal experience.
There are only two endings for Emi...?

If you [major spoilers for how to get to Emi's good ending]follow her and get thrown out by her, you get a chance to get saved by Misha, and if you avoid that you end up at the racetrack ending. Any other scenario will lead to her good ending.

Their final parting though ends with Hisao annoyed at her and frustrated, but Emi feeling kinda resigned about the whole thing, as if she's already written him out of her life. And while that's bad, it's not like [other path spoilers]Hanako basically loses her personality. Or Shizune decides she isn't good enough to interact with people. Or Hisao and Rin get into a shouting match and say things they can never take back..
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think it depends on your perspective. I think Emi's bad end is the worst of them all, maybe together with Rin's Rain End.

Lilly's bad end simply... ends. I couldn't really feel sad, because - well, she simply up and left him, so Hisao probably deserved better anyway.
In Shizune's bad end, I felt worse for Misha than for Shizune.
While Hanako gets really angry in her bad end, it is easier to apologize for losing ones temper and talking things over.
Emi's bad end is cold as ice. When I read it, it was like a punch in the gut. No room for reconciliation at all. Cyranoss said it before: "We don't speak again after that." In a way, it's the most final of all the endings except for the manly picnic.
While they are not actually fighting in Rin's bad end, it is certainly the most tragic end. They both know they made a mistake, yet they are not able to salvage their relationship.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I think it depends on your perspective. I think Emi's bad end is the worst of them all, maybe together with Rin's Rain End.
The Rin ending you refer to was the most tear jerking one for me.

Though I will say Emi's bad end was like getting slapped in the face with a block of ice, though if you get that end without trying for it you probably deserve that.
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
psyclown85

Post by psyclown85 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I think it depends on your perspective. I think Emi's bad end is the worst of them all, maybe together with Rin's Rain End.

Lilly's bad end simply... ends. I couldn't really feel sad, because - well, she simply up and left him, so Hisao probably deserved better anyway.
In Shizune's bad end, I felt worse for Misha than for Shizune.
While Hanako gets really angry in her bad end, it is easier to apologize for losing ones temper and talking things over.
Emi's bad end is cold as ice. When I read it, it was like a punch in the gut. No room for reconciliation at all. Cyranoss said it before: "We don't speak again after that." In a way, it's the most final of all the endings except for the manly picnic.
While they are not actually fighting in Rin's bad end, it is certainly the most tragic end. They both know they made a mistake, yet they are not able to salvage their relationship.
Exactly what I was going for! You understand. It just hurt you, right in the gut. I haven't done Lily or Hanako's yet though and am still working on Rin atm, so I don't really know those endings quite yet.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

DaMan65 wrote:The Rin ending you refer to was the most tear jerking one for me.
Seriously, how can you keep dry eyes as Rin says "I can't hug anyone, Hisao. I'm a bad person like that."
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

Emi's bad ending was actually the first ending I ever got. (don't know what that says about me). And though It did make me sad, it was overshadowed by the urge to put a hole or two in the wall. Honestly, the first time she "rejects" you If it were really me there, I probably would have punched a hole in hallway wall. (and probably broken my hand in the process..)
newnar

Post by newnar »

You don't say?
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

I feel the same way. Emi was downright vicious in her bad end. That conversation at the track stung so much that her good ending (which I got after the bad end) didn't make sense. Her good ending was fake to me because I had seen her true self in the other end. Emi's bad end is her true end IMO.

She'll always be a bitch to me.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

megiddo wrote:I feel the same way. Emi was downright vicious in her bad end. That conversation at the track stung so much that her good ending (which I got after the bad end) didn't make sense. Her good ending was fake to me because I had seen her true self in the other end. Emi's bad end is her true end IMO.

Hmm. I've been in a similar sutuation in real life, where i ahd problems attaching to people like her and... I was just a jerk as she was. But I can say that was not the real me by a long shot. I tend to believe that it's the same with her.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
velocimackerel

Post by velocimackerel »

megiddo wrote:I feel the same way. Emi was downright vicious in her bad end. That conversation at the track stung so much that her good ending (which I got after the bad end) didn't make sense. Her good ending was fake to me because I had seen her true self in the other end. Emi's bad end is her true end IMO.

But... but... in her good end she thanks you and learns its okay to have help. The nurse and her mom want you to succeed.