what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

GoldenCrater

Re: Favorite quotes

Post by GoldenCrater »

"Legs hurt though. They feel like slugs. Slugs made of sea slugs."
"Did you know I can only think of four things at the same time? Right now I'm thinking of the second floor's girl's toilet, ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream, the middle toe, and a haircut"
Both Rin quotes.

And finally, a quote regarding Rin (internal monologue)
"She looks like a zombie. Or a statue. A statue of a zombie."
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

Hisao (in response to Emi's pouting): Okay, okay! Just... don't do that! I feel like I just hit a puppy.
Valtiel

Post by Valtiel »

"I crush the note in my fist dramatically, but no one is there to see it, and that makes me sad."
I lol'd
linger

Post by linger »

"That was what my life was like.

The days became increasingly harder to distinguish from each other, differing only by the book I was reading and the weather outside. It felt like time blurred into some kind of gooey mass I was trapped inside, instead of moving within.

A week could go by without my really noticing it.

Sometimes, I'd pause in realization that I didn't know what day of the week it was.

But other times, all the things that surrounded me would painfully crash into my consciousness, through the barrier of nonchalance I had set up for myself.

The pages of my book would start to feel sharp and burning hot and the heaviness in my chest would become so hard to bear that I had to put the book aside and just lay down for a while, looking at the ceiling as if I was going to cry.

But that happened only rarely.

And I couldn't even cry."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Yeah, Hisao's narration has some great lines, and of course Kenji and Rin have awesome quotes.

In that sequence...

Favorite Hisao thought-quote: "Talking with Rin is like playing chess with a supercomputer who does seemingly completely random moves as if to mock everything you know about chess."
Almost everything Hisao says during that conversation with Lilly and Rin is epic.

Favorite Kenji quote: "How do you know my name? Damn, this can only mean one of two things: Either we have met, and you are telling the truth, and I just can't remember it, or you are a spy." (He pauses.) "A psychic spy." ("I'm not psychic.") "How do I know that? I'm not a mind reader." (Kenji points a finger in my face damningly.) "...Unlike you!"
"Favorite" is a pretty close call for Kenji, though.

Favorite Rin quote: ("What are you doing here this late?") "I...I was wondering about that myself too. Just now. Some people asked that before. I assume they were wondering the same. I didn't know. They didn't know either. I asked. That's why I'm wondering. So that was pretty much it. It's a murder mystery without a murder." (...) "They were going that way."
But it's hard to find any lines from Rin that don't count as my favorite. <_<
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

This is my favorite Rin quote:
"There will be dire consequences if I don’t. The end of the world as we know it… Like weekends usually are, but more dire… Much more dire… Maybe I’ll postpone my nap to unforeseen future."

Anyone else get the impression that Rin, when she says she's thinking about the middle toe, is making an allusion to a euphemism? I find it amusing how daring, yet subtle, she is being in the way she flirts in that scene, and how most of it goes right over Hisao's head.
"Oh, It's Hisao." (How can she tell?)
"Legs hurt though..." ("Because of the position?") ...
"But he is becoming better at sculpting." [Her sprite makes that smile that looks like she's having a private joke at Hisao's expense.]

Here are some others I like:
Kenji: "There is no justice. You see? Even when I lose, I win, because I don’t lose the lesson.”
Yuuko: “I think it’s an elephant only if you feel that way.”
Shizune: “Hey, [Hisao], did you know that once we’ve collected a hundred pairs of chopsticks from ordering out, we’ll be able to take over the universe?” [Said through Misha]
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

"No, this is not some romantic princess picnic. What the hell, man?"
"This is a manly picnic."
"No glasses."
"No napkins."
"Whiskey only. The beverage of true men."
"And pretzels."
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

Emi: "It helps me keep my girlish figure."

Rin: "What would happen if you lose it? Would you become a man?"

Bad time to be drinking coffee.
John Moses Browning

Post by John Moses Browning »

Too lazy to type.

Pic related.

Rhedak

Post by Rhedak »

The Kenji thing about the Hat, but seeing as it's been posted already lemme go with something diffrent:

Misha: "WAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!"

Edit: Sorry about that.
Last edited by Rhedak on Fri May 08, 2009 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Rhedak wrote:The Kenji thing about the Hat, but seeing as it's been posted already lemme go with something diffrent:

Misha: "Hahahahahahahaha."
You're doing it wrong.

It's "WAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!"
The game.
You have lost it.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Well, it took me a while to decide, but I think I finally have a favorite.

"Maybe I am like that boy, or maybe you are. Maybe everyone is.
Doing things you can't do, just because you can." - Rin

I just love inspirational quotes like that, and her way of kicking reason to the curb, as it were.
Last edited by PCJedi on Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

I love that little throw away line Rin says before talking about her girl issues, as she says something along the lines of "You don't want to hear about it, or maybe you do, I don't know."

She's so adorably crass. :)

I also love that part where Misha asks "Have you been up to some sort of mischief?"
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
rincewind

Post by rincewind »

I cant remember the exact quote, but I loved when Hisao describes Misha entering and sitting in the classroom. "With the elegance of a Rhino" or something like that. So funny, with mental image included. :lol:
Self claimed Misha Fan
Thistledown

Post by Thistledown »

Hisao, to Kenji: "Must be a pretty crappy movement if it all hinges on one naked guy, ranting in a bathroom at another naked guy."

Ah, Kenji, such a fountain of humor.