Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by NoOne3 »

Didn't kill it.

I just had to unplug and get home, which without car meant for me to walk first to catch a train, than walk around half city center (under construction), to catch a bus home... which took me as you see, 5h. Ok, I managed to have lunch too.
dunkelfalke wrote:Then again, offroad biking with a girlfriend must surely be awesome.
The first, and most important thing you would have to consider is whether she would be as happy as you to drag her hypotetically cute butt 25km every day on an MTB, through the wood and busy roads.
I know mine would, only if the road was decent, and safe.

And why should I lie to myself, I wouldn't like to have to do that every day as well.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Never mind dude, I think we both talk past each other :wink:
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Hmm, I have a minor ache in my feet. During my last run something semi awkward happened: i ran past a dog and his owner when the dog suddenly barked. I misstepped a bit on the offroad trail a bit, but didn't feel anything hurting. But since yesterday i feel like something's stretching. Still, i'm gonna go run tomorrow. Else i'll have only 1 session this week, not enough!
Last edited by gRaViJa on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Part of me wants to point out that if something hurts, there's a reason for it. However, if it were me, I'd do the same thing (and I have). My left leg was getting a little sore around the achilles tendon during a run on Wednesday, but on Friday it was fine.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

MoogleDee wrote:Part of me wants to point out that if something hurts, there's a reason for it. However, if it were me, I'd do the same thing (and I have). My left leg was getting a little sore around the achilles tendon during a run on Wednesday, but on Friday it was fine.
Yea normally I would investigate and see what causes it to feel "funny".

For example when I misstep and roll my ankles when running. I sit down and just move my foot around and when I find the discomfort, apply icy-hot and bandage it up.

On the side note walked 3.5 mi yesterday with a roommate and two friends. Nice relaxing walk in nature is refreshing.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

It went alright. I still feel the "funny feeling" a bit in my ankle, but it didn't get any worse during my 2 mile run. So all's fine.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Manman

Post by Manman »

Hello!

I just ran my first day for the "couch to 5k with Emi"routine. I going to complement this with my regular weightlifting.
I'm just happy that I found this thread, it's a great motivator knowing that there are people doing the same thing, also inspired by the same thing, EMI!

Anyway thanks for linking me the emi running schedule. Im hope I make it these 9 weeks, I tend to follow things through, mostly. .
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Great! Any questions or comments, we'll hear it gladly. Also, if you want, someone of us can send u an invite for the KS group on fitocracy as well. (though i like the discussions here more)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

gRaViJa wrote:Great! Any questions or comments, we'll hear it gladly. Also, if you want, someone of us can send u an invite for the KS group on fitocracy as well. (though i like the discussions here more)
How is the fitocracy thing going? I hate achievement game junk so I did not join up yet but because its you guys I have been thinking about it.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Great! Any questions or comments, we'll hear it gladly. Also, if you want, someone of us can send u an invite for the KS group on fitocracy as well. (though i like the discussions here more)
How is the fitocracy thing going? I hate achievement game junk so I did not join up yet but because its you guys I have been thinking about it.
The achievements are just really a side and minor thing. I see it more of a Facebook/Social site for those who workout. Since essentially we post are workouts (coincidentally getting experience and "leveling up".) and our followers ("Friends") can give us props ("Like"). There are also groups. I like it since I can ask other people about their routine and we can discuss about workouts with routine tips and all that fun stuff.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

On the way home I got two cramps in the same calf :?
Still finished the course, didn't want to disappoint Emi. 16 km steady uphill, a fatso, on a heavy mtb and with a full backpack. The bike computer said that I lost 1100 kkal during that ride, and these Polar bike computers are pretty close-fisted.

Feels damn good today, but tomorrow I will limp.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

dunkelfalke wrote:Feels damn good today, but tomorrow I will limp.
It's gonna hurt, but it's a good hurt. Feels good, man.

I just finished week 4 day 1 and it was really fun. Unlike other weeks where I've kicked up the times a little bit, I went by the book on this one. I did follow Tempester's advice and I sped the treadmill up faster than I usually do. By the last few minutes of the run, my legs felt like lead but I kept going! Afterwards, I had to stay on at a walk for a few minutes to catch my breath. Now I kinda wish I went this fast in the beginning hah.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Yep, the last minutes always go on the sheer force of willpower :D
By the way, Emi was right, a slow pace with the hands behind the head really helps to catch the breath again.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

A friend of mine (who btw looks and acts like Emi, no shittin', but she already has a boyfriend for years ><) invited me to run a race in 4 weeks. It's a 5km race, so i should be able to make it, since i'm now at week 7 of the program. Should i go for it? I'm a bit hesitating because i don't want end last lol.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
SephkaBlight

Post by SephkaBlight »

gRaViJa wrote:A friend of mine (who btw looks and acts like Emi, no shittin',
pics