Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirrormn

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Mirrormn »

Guest wrote:Thanks for making the transposition for Ease and To Become One!

To be honest, I like the cheesiness of To Become One, in my opinion it adds something to the song along with the knowledge of WHEN the song is used in the game :)
You mean when Hisao goes to Lilly's room for a tea party with Hanako, right? :? :? :? :? :?

But seriously, I really enjoy the H-scenes with Letting my Heart Speak a lot more than those with To Become One. To Become One seems to be the track for the awkward nervous sexual encounters, whereas Letting my Heart Speak is more tender and loving.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune

Post by Guest »

Mirrormn wrote:
Guest wrote:Thanks for making the transposition for Ease and To Become One!

To be honest, I like the cheesiness of To Become One, in my opinion it adds something to the song along with the knowledge of WHEN the song is used in the game :)
You mean when Hisao goes to Lilly's room for a tea party with Hanako, right? :? :? :? :? :?

But seriously, I really enjoy the H-scenes with Letting my Heart Speak a lot more than those with To Become One. To Become One seems to be the track for the awkward nervous sexual encounters, whereas Letting my Heart Speak is more tender and loving.
Hm, I was thinking more of the Kenji "route" ending. Nah, haha.

I agree with you too, but I just find the song amusing, and I have a special place for "waltzy?" pieces!
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Raindrops and Puddles violin cover by your's truely

Okay! It's up and ready on YouTube!
Last edited by Snow_Storm on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Hey mirror, nice work on all the transcriptions! I meant to get to them this weekend, but I'm running low on ink in my printer, so I'm going to wait until monday and print them at work heh. Thanks for all the hard work :)
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
shkwekj

Post by shkwekj »

oh, was there no Innocence Midi file? i can no longer read music sheets since im out of touch for 10 years now... :cry:
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

If you want I can make a midi of it for you if one doesn't exist.
YoYoMa

Post by YoYoMa »

Mirrormn wrote:Ease: [PDF] - [MP3] - [MIDI]

This one ended up being more enjoyable than I anticipated. I especially had fun with the part at the end from measures 58 to 70.
Thanks a lot for doing this, I may even record myself playing it (no promises :wink: ).

I have one more request, for whoever wants to do it. I've looked through the thread, and I think the only sheet music for 'Moment of Decision' is the one that Nicol posted around the beginning. The problem is I guess that sheet was made for an older version of the song. I haven't tried playing through it so I'm not sure what all it's missing, but I do know that at least the intro isn't there. It would be nice if someone could redo that song when they get the chance.
micechasekittens

Post by micechasekittens »

Has there been piano sheet music made for Shadow of the Truth?
Khey

Post by Khey »

micechasekittens wrote:Has there been piano sheet music made for Shadow of the Truth?
I haven't found any here nor on youtube (There are guitar tabs you can find through youtube, though: so :(...
Sane is boring!
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

micechasekittens wrote:Has there been piano sheet music made for Shadow of the Truth?
Workin' on it
-My real name is actually Misha.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Nocturne (OST version piano arrangement): [PDF] - [MP3] - [MIDI]

Hopefully I have not failed NicolArmarfi in my attempts to keep the B naturals and C flats in their proper places. There are also some pretty wide intervals in some places, so hopefully it's playable by human hands.

I may work on The Student Council next. I think it could actually sound fairly nice as a piano piece.

joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Here's Red Velvet -

Printed out stuff today at work, but I lost a page each of Ease and To Become One. Ended up running out of time anyway, and getting increasingly discouraged by the microphone I am using.

The point Nicol was making (and what I was trying to point out in the comment about red velvet) is that it's important to use accidentals that make sense with the key you're in. In jazz stuff or anything using chromatics it's much looser, but in nocturne, you use Gb for most of the piece, but in measure 24/25 you're using F#, which is pretty out of place for a song in Eb major, especially after setting a precident with Gb. Also, all the B naturals should probably be Cbs.

It sounds great though, really nice job.

Edit: don't worry, the piece is definitely playable
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

joe_paradise wrote:in nocturne, you use Gb for most of the piece, but in measure 24/25 you're using F#, which is pretty out of place for a song in Eb major, especially after setting a precident with Gb.
I kind of deliberated extensively on that part, but in the end I decided in measure 24 it's a Bb augmented chord, and in measure 25 it's a Ebmaj7#9 chord, both of which use F# instead of Gb.
joe_paradise wrote:Also, all the B naturals should probably be Cbs.
Similarly, I tried to match instances of B naturals and Cbs to the chords playing at the time. For example, in measure 13, it seems to be a Gmaj in the bass part (G, B natural, D), so I used B natural; whereas in measure 28, it's definitely an Abmin, so a Cb is more appropriate.

By the way, your Red Velvet sounds quite good for the most part. Obviously, there are mistakes, as you said on the YouTube description, but it's a damn hard song!

Edit: If you PM me, I'd be willing to help you pay for a new microphone.

joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Hmm wow, does the chord progression work all the way to G? Makes sense to match the accidentals to the chord, reading through I do agree with you on the chords (except in measure 24 I think it's a diminished 6th, the 5th is there in the left hand). In any case, personally I would prefer flats anyway just to make things easier haha.

Don't be silly about the mic, I couldn't accept that. Thanks for the thought though. I'm not sure how much it would help anyway, the room I play in has a very high ceiling and a lot of open space. i'll just need to mess with the volume settings on the mic to at least make sure it can handle the volumes I'll be playing at.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

joe_paradise wrote:(except in measure 24 I think it's a diminished 6th, the 5th is there in the left hand)
Mmm, you may have a point there.