Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bigbishounen

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Bigbishounen »

dunkelfalke wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:On a more personal note, and without going into too much detail, I found that I had plenty of energy left over for "extracurricular activities" with my wife after I showered up. Another nice perk I guess. She seemed to appreciate it anyway. :wink: :oops: :wink:
Testosterone levels rise when you work out, so it is normal. Before my knee injury I used to do a bit weight lifting, afterwards I often enough wished I had a wife.
Heh. There are advantages to being married. A readily available and generally willing bedroom partner is certainly one of them.

Also, I suspect that my renewed interest and zeal for getting back into the svelte shape I was when we married might have something to do with piquing her interest as well. Just like men, women prefer it when their partner cares enough to take care of themselves. Of course, I'm lucky in that respect. My wife always was a skinny one. Three kids and she still fits into the same clothes she was wearing when we married. Bazinga!
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

@Bigbishounen - Props *fistbump*

Anyway, I'm off for my Monday run. I'm bummed that I haven't been able to run outside in over a week now due to rain, but oh well. Damn mother nature, I wanna go outside without catching the plague! And no, I'm not pulling an Emi and running outside anyway. On another note, I may push for longer than what the schedule says for week 3 since I'm going to be sitting on my ass playing Mass Effect most of the time.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Same here with the weather. Normally i'd run today, but it's raining like mad, so i had to cancel my session today =/ i hope wednesday-friday-sunday will work.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

The weather here is fine, but I am not
Feeling like crap with rest heart rate of 46 bpm. I really want to do a workout, but I can barely walk :(
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Bigbishounen wrote:Heh. There are advantages to being married. A readily available and generally willing bedroom partner is certainly one of them.
Shouldn't rub it in too much. :P
MoogleDee wrote:I'm bummed that I haven't been able to run outside in over a week now due to rain, but oh well.
Having no treadmill I run in a slight drizzle today. I'm officially on 4'th week now. Made it only thanks to carefull choice of music. I felt I needed some really uplifting piece for 5min run, so I racked my folders, and came up with a really energetic powermetal. Didn't even know I have one, but it was perfect.
Still, looking at week5 schedule I consider taking week4 twice first.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Music. I can't tell you guys enough how much music helps me in so many ways. I find it's good to pick a relaxing, but not too slow, of a playlist. That's just me though, and I suspect everyone's tastes vary.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

NoOne3 wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:Heh. There are advantages to being married. A readily available and generally willing bedroom partner is certainly one of them.
Shouldn't rub it in too much.
Heh, don't feel bad. There are plenty of negatives too. Trust me, you haven't SEEN a fight until you've seen a fight between my wife and I. We always make up afterward, but our relationship has been very stormy at times. So anything that will improve it (like me getting back into shape) is a good thing. The extra sex is just a really nice perk.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Oh, I'm owned for some time now, and on the long way to getting married, so I know the ups and downs. Just thought it might be a sore thumb for some here. Still, t'was more of a joke.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

MoogleDee wrote:Music. I can't tell you guys enough how much music helps me in so many ways. I find it's good to pick a relaxing, but not too slow, of a playlist. That's just me though, and I suspect everyone's tastes vary.
I haven't listened to music yet while running, but i can imagine listening to the heaviest deathcore out there to give me that extra boost to run some minutes more, lol. Or maybe some Chopin to keep me relaxed... i'm very versatile when it comes to music.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

gRaViJa wrote:
MoogleDee wrote:Music. I can't tell you guys enough how much music helps me in so many ways. I find it's good to pick a relaxing, but not too slow, of a playlist. That's just me though, and I suspect everyone's tastes vary.
I haven't listened to music yet while running, but i can imagine listening to the heaviest deathcore out there to give me that extra boost to run some minutes more, lol. Or maybe some Chopin to keep me relaxed... i'm very versatile when it comes to music.
I listen to everything except for country and hip-hop/rap. However, there's always exceptions to the rule depending on the song. Long story short, if it sounds good I'll probably listen to it. Lately for me it's been a lot of Japanese music.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I like to roll with some lighthearted, high-energy stuff before a skate or during a workout. Keeps a bit of extra bounce in my feet.

The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

This. I always need music when working out. I personally listen to DnB, Electro, basically anything with a fast pace to keep my adrenaline up.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Well, i just started this running routine.
As i write this i am now wearing my running clothes and my legs are burning, lets see how this turns out in the next few weeks, i was not inspired by Emi, shes silly, but after reading about lots of positive experiences in this thread, i had to try it.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Tomate wrote:Well, i just started this running routine.
As i write this i am now wearing my running clothes and my legs are burning, lets see how this turns out in the next few weeks, i was not inspired by Emi, shes silly, but after reading about lots of positive experiences in this thread, i had to try it.
Welcome. Your inspiration doesn't need to be shared. Some of us in here were already working out and were posting helpful tips to others. Just remember to take it easy and rest well and feel free to asks questions if you have any.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

NoOne3 wrote:Oh, I'm owned for some time now, and on the long way to getting married, so I know the ups and downs. Just thought it might be a sore thumb for some here. Still, t'was more of a joke.

No worries, that's the way it was taken. I just ramble sometimes. Don't mind me. :)