Shizune's storyline

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DH531

Re: Shizune's storyline

Post by DH531 »

I wouldn't say I hated it but I certainly didn't enjoy it as much as the others. Possibly because it was quite mundane, but also because of Shizune being so competitive (Not a fan of those types of people to be honest).
Mysterious Stranger wrote:When it comes down to it, Shizune's path just doesn't have the "feels" that the others do. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad storytelling, it's just not as emotional. Which isn't to say it's not emotional, because it most certainly is at points ("I wasn't thinking that it would be better if Hicchan had never come to this school. I was thinking... wouldn't it be better if I just died?" - OH GOOD GOD NO)... just not as much as, say, Lilly or Hanako's.
I agree with this. The bad ending also made me respect Shizune more.
One more thing, Jigoro needs to be punched >.>
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Her route would have been so much better if it had a scene where either she or Hisao actually stood up to him and told him off.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote:
Her route would have been so much better if it had a scene where either she or Hisao actually stood up to him and told him off.
Telling off your girlfriend's parent for being a dick is--believe it or not--a one way ticket out of the house.

The way I see it, Hisao's trying to get Jigoro's approval of their relationship and telling him how an ass-hat-of-a-father he is will instantly shoot that chance down. He's trying to earn that respect, and he will earn it--even if it meant maintaining composure against his onslaught of ass-hatery.

Jigoro did listened to some of Hisao's advice though; he just approached it rather differently (his visit to school). Behind the scenes, I can see Jigoro showing a lot of care towards Shizune--maybe borderline protective (considering the tutors he hired so she could speak). But when he is faced with her and her friends, he shows the need to be a total ass-hat about it.

so now it got me thinking...does that make him a tsundere of a father?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Megumeru wrote: Jigoro did listened to some of Hisao's advice though; he just approached it rather differently (his visit to school). Behind the scenes, I can see Jigoro showing a lot of care towards Shizune--maybe borderline protective (considering the tutors he hired so she could speak). But when he is faced with her and her friends, he shows the need to be a total ass-hat about it.

so now it got me thinking...does that make him a tsundere of a father?
... I thought he was a just a joke character, but this analysis both makes sense and adds some humanity to him.

... Dammit KS devs. Did you have to give ALL your characters depth?!?
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

In my experience, most traditional Asian fathers act that way. There's a reason this meme exists. They may be bursting with pride at their child's achievements, but the only time the child will ever hear of it is if they eavesdrop. :)

Most of them tend to be slightly less severe with their daughters, but that's really not saying very much.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Basically, yes.

Don't argue with the girlfriend's father. That Hisao takes the constant attacks without losing it is part of the reason Shizune knows he's 'the one'.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

ok beating a dead horse here but i love shizune and her story because i think she is the most life real life ... there is not "the feels"its not overly sad or there isn't alot of choice .... but life isn't that way either ... so as much as i love emi and hanako ... there real life counterpart would do my life ( the way it is right now ) no good ... i need a real life shizune to push me just a bit to make me do more in life ... yes i know she is bitchy but sometimes ( at least for me ) i need that to get my ass in gear .... hanako , lilly and rin will not push and fight with you to be a better person ... only emi and shizune will .. and i just like shizune a little more the emi