Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirrormn

Re: Ask!

Post by Mirrormn »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote: I actually asked myself the same thing when I finished her bad route. Never found it when looking back, so I just gave up.
I was afraid of this. Given the fact that arguably the two most important dramatic moments of Shizune's route - Misha's initial fight with Shizune about (presumably) their feelings about graduating, and her yelling at Shizune about her insensitivity immediately following Look Aside/Look Ahead - are not actually in the game at all, I think it's possible that the incident Hisao reflects upon in Spiral was similarly omitted. If this is the case: developers, was it an intentional omission (as the fighting between Misha and Shizune seem to be), or was it an unfortunate side effect of the editing process?
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

If there was going to be a Hollywood adapatation of Katawa Shoujo , which actor would you want to each portray the characters ?
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

What was the reason for separating homework from the relationships in KS? It felt like a forced dividing plot device when it was used in the stories. They could do it together, or even tutor each other in the subjects they were weak at. Yet they always do it independently.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

McBaggin wrote:If there was going to be a Hollywood adapatation of Katawa Shoujo , which actor would you want to each portray the characters ?
Hisao - William Shatner
Lilly - Morgan Freeman
Rin - Ian McKellen
Emi - Patrick Stewart
Shizune - Christopher Lee
Hanako - Sean Connery
Misha - Clint Eastwood
Kenji - Bill Murray
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Daitengu wrote:What was the reason for separating homework from the relationships in KS? It felt like a forced dividing plot device when it was used in the stories. They could do it together, or even tutor each other in the subjects they were weak at. Yet they always do it independently.
There's no particular reason.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Yup. And Hugh Laurie as "Nurse".

The issue figured on the forum so I'll ask:
Was the matter of safe sex among our heroes discussed between writers, or was it just every writer's own decision? Were there talk about educational aspect of this topic?
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Aura wrote: Misha - Clint Eastwood
"WAHAHA punk!"

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
McBaggin wrote:If there was going to be a Hollywood adapatation of Katawa Shoujo , which actor would you want to each portray the characters ?
Hisao - William Shatner
Lilly - Morgan Freeman
Rin - Ian McKellen
Emi - Patrick Stewart
Shizune - Christopher Lee
Hanako - Sean Connery
Misha - Clint Eastwood
Kenji - Bill Murray
I am irrationally upset that you have Sean Connery in your cast list and he's not playing Lilly.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

NoOne3 wrote:Yup. And Hugh Laurie as "Nurse".

The issue figured on the forum so I'll ask:
Was the matter of safe sex among our heroes discussed between writers, or was it just every writer's own decision? Were there talk about educational aspect of this topic?
I want to say that like way back in the early days we actually discussed this, and then mostly ignored whatever the discussion decided (I think Lilly was always gonna be a proponent of raw doggin' it, but then so was like, everyone as I recall) and just kinda went with whatever. I figured Emi would be the sort of person who wouldn't want a kid running around before she got out of college, so she made Hisao buy condoms after the first go-round.
Anonymous Coward

Post by Anonymous Coward »

What's the rationale behind releasing KS under a CC BY-NC-ND license?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

NoOne3 wrote:Was the matter of safe sex among our heroes discussed between writers, or was it just every writer's own decision? Were there talk about educational aspect of this topic?
Every writer did what they wanted to, though it was talked about internally. Education wasn't ever really a "thing", it was just a desire to portray sex slightly more realistically than most eroge (hence Lilly and the Pill, which was tied into the plot in several small ways, as well as Hanako).
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

Anonymous Coward wrote:What's the rationale behind releasing KS under a CC BY-NC-ND license?
It's a nice licence that did what we wanted in clear terms. We just wanted it to be free, to have us credited for making it, and for nothing to be added on masquerading as official.
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

Not sure if this has been asked but I just wanted to know how Aura, Nicol, etc felt about "Four Leaf Studios" getting disbanded after spending 5 years together to create such a wonderful game?

I just find it hard to believe that everyone of you guys worked together to put in all your blood, sweat and tears into it and then you guys just left.

Also do still still keep in contact with the rest of the group now or did most members just left like the game was never created?
"WAHAHAHA!~"
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

Malkav wrote:Anyway, first question: was there a particular reason that Lilly's "Good End" was the only path that had an Epilogue? Or was that snippet after the credits something else? Whatever its purpose, it definitely stood out!
I never viewed it as an epilogue. It just felt like the scene worked best when placed after the credits. I hate "real" epilogues with big timeskips.
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

extremepiwy wrote:Not sure if this has been asked but I just wanted to know how Aura, Nicol, etc felt about "Four Leaf Studios" getting disbanded after spending 5 years together to create such a wonderful game?

I just find it hard to believe that everyone of you guys worked together to put in all your blood, sweat and tears into it and then you guys just left.

Also do still still keep in contact with the rest of the group now or did most members just left like the game was never created?
Some stay in regular contact, and others almost entirely left. I don't think anyone's completely cut off all ties to every person who worked on the game, though.