Did anyone feel like there was no Hisao just you playing?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Thrasher Thetic

Re: Did anyone feel like there was no Hisao just you playing

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I did feel like there was no Hisao. Just me. So much so, it was like my penis was actually in 5 different vaginas. It felt exactly like I was fucking all these cripples with my cock.
+1 internets, good show sir.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.

Post by Guest »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I did feel like there was no Hisao. Just me. So much so, it was like my penis was actually in 5 different vaginas. It felt exactly like I was fucking all these cripples with my cock.
+1 internets, good show sir.
:shock:

-1000 internets for you both. Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect $200.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

No I didnt, while I related to the story, I never felt like it was real - I would lie if I said I wouldn't want to meet someone like Lilly in real life (sorry about being such a "Lilly-fag" but I just relate to her the most, and she appeals a lot to me) - but I know its probably not gonna happen, instead I hope to find another girl - and let a whole new story begin :D
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

There wasn't any moment where I felt like there was no Hisao, only ZuulThreestep because Hisao's thoughts are so different from my own. Most the choices you get in the VN aren't ones I'd make at all. Like Hanako's route, or Misha's moment in Shizune's route or no realizing in Emi's that her dad is dead.. The whole time I was aware there was a difference.

IloveLily(gr) wrote:Also (i am a guy) why there are no girls so kind sweet and loving like lilly and hanako? Damn.... :oops:
There are. You just have to actually look for them, instead of trying to find your very own 3D KS girl.
TalonAxe

Post by TalonAxe »

Nyarly wrote:
IloveLily(gr) wrote:I propably become creepy while saying these but i am sure
Indeed, especially with the P.S..
IloveLily(gr) wrote: , search your heart u were thinking the exact same thing while playing, weren't you? :?: <3
Hahahafuckno.

I can understand getting gripped be KS, but some people really seem to take it too far.
Bullshit.

I felt the exact same way IloveLily does, but it's not like I wanted to feel that way. Before I decided to download the game, I thought this was an ACTUAL video game, not a visual novel. I started playing and an hour later I was falling for Rin (Hisao wasn't falling for her, I was) because I wasn't in reality anymore, I was in the visual novel. I was playing for hours on end until I beat the game. What happened next? I started sobbing so fucking hard that I couldn't play until the next week, and it was a long week too because I couldn't stop thinking there's a girl like Rin out there (with arms) and i'm probably never going to see her. Then I realized that this wasn't just a video game, nor a visual novel to me.

It was a life changing experience. And if you didn't feel the way we did, you've never experienced the power this can truly have on people.
Last edited by TalonAxe on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

TalonAxe wrote:It was a life changing experience. And if you didn't feel the way I did, you've never experienced the power this can truly have on people.
Ain't nobody here but us, trolls.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

If you mean you feel like you're 'Hisao' then yes. I do check my heart when the 'feels' starts coming--just in case.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

I'd have to say no. I think it's because I would do different things and say different things most of the time. I was more able to relate to all the girls than to Hisao himself. I could see why the girls would do what they do, but Hisao... no consistency even in the same story, Like he has ADD or something. Could just be because I'm older now.
BadMrFrostii

Post by BadMrFrostii »

At times I felt that way.
Mostly because I like to try and make stories I read more personal, just something I do for fun I suppose :P.
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

No, even back when I was his age I wasn't nearly as big of a clueless dork as he is portrayed.
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

At times yes, but usually no. Mainly because of how frequently Hisao has internal monologues. If anything, I felt as if the girls were me, even though I'm a dude.....

Also....I'm even more of a geek than Hisao so >_>
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Pretty damn hard to feel like I am Hisao when I want to strangle him half the time.

Maybe that's zen?
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Tilting Clock

Post by Tilting Clock »

Mahorfeus wrote:Pretty damn hard to feel like I am Hisao when I want to strangle him half the time.

Maybe that's zen?
Yeah, most of the ride through Hanako's story involved working on that head-shaped dent in my desk whenever he started to thinking, right up to the scene when Lilly FINALLY poses the advice that Hisao needs to get off his codependent butt and do something about his own life. After that, my synchronization ratio increased to 40%, but I would continue to lament the fact that the override codes did not work.
Last edited by Tilting Clock on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownFan

Post by UnknownFan »

Mahorfeus wrote:Pretty damn hard to feel like I am Hisao when I want to strangle him half the time.
Fucking this.

He isn't quite Shirou level, but damn did he get close.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Uhh...Well...

I felt "we" or "I" was Hisao because we were playing as him when we made choices for him.

But I was aware he was there, it's just that it feels like you're the main character of a story even though technically you're not. Damn it, I can't avoid using video games as examples for this!
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?