Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

advicefrog

Re: Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story)

Post by advicefrog »

OK guys problem(s) solved, I will really try not to piss anyone else off. But, god damn do you guys get mad easily
I don't have a favorite girl, they're all great.
Rika===Saki===Shizune=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Emi
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

themocaw wrote:"IT'S HANAKO TIME!"

"NO, ROB, NO!"
I'm sorely tempted to Photoshop-up the image to go with this...
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
AHardDayzNight

Post by AHardDayzNight »

advicefrog wrote:LIKING THE NEW PART
YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE, YOU TOOK THE HANAKO BAD END, ADDED A DEAD HISAO, A GRIEVING LILLY AND MANAGED TO MAKE AN ENDING THAT WASNT THAT SAD.

ASSUMING THAT IS THE ENDING. HINT HINT

ALSO MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS PERMANENTLY ON
ahahaha this completely. no idea how you pulled this off. brilliant. although i loved the way it ended on that note.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

AHardDayzNight wrote:
advicefrog wrote:LIKING THE NEW PART
YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE, YOU TOOK THE HANAKO BAD END, ADDED A DEAD HISAO, A GRIEVING LILLY AND MANAGED TO MAKE AN ENDING THAT WASNT THAT SAD.

ASSUMING THAT IS THE ENDING. HINT HINT

ALSO MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS PERMANENTLY ON
ahahaha this completely. no idea how you pulled this off. brilliant. although i loved the way it ended on that note.
You know, I think the initial post being in all caps caused me to misread it, but you both bring up a good point. I hadn't really thought about it but thank you. :)
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

AHardDayzNight wrote:ahahaha this completely. no idea how you pulled this off. brilliant. although i loved the way it ended on that note.
Meh, it's no mystery. Yuri makes everything better. :)
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Yuri? I don't recall putting any Yuri in here... :?:
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Robnonymous wrote:Yuri? I don't recall putting any Yuri in here... :?:
Never underestimate the power of a fan's mind. :P

(seriously, since Hanako and Sho didn't hook up, and Lilly's going to visit soon, and both girls are available . . . well, the subtext was already there, and now that they have a perfect opportunity . . .)
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

CNB

Post by CNB »

Robnonymous wrote:Yuri? I don't recall putting any Yuri in here... :?:
For some people, the goggles never come off.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Specter Von Baren wrote:And when you finally decide to write another Katawa Shoujo fic again, you can round it off with a story about after Hanako's Neutral End.
I just realized I never directly responded to this. I actually DO have an idea for a Hanako neutral story follow-up, but I probably won't be addressing it for a bit. Then again, who knows? I almost feel like I need a bit more practice before jumping back to the book idea so it might just be a thing. I'm not promising anything, of course. :wink:

Also, not to get anyone's hopes up but I've also been considering an epilogue. CONSIDERING.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I hope that you know how evil you are.

On a more serious note, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of book have you been planning? I've been a little curious since you first mentioned it. :P
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
CNB

Post by CNB »

Robnonymous wrote:I actually DO have an idea for a Hanako neutral story follow-up
It should involve her becoming involved with international espionage and intrigue as a chess grandmaster.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Mahorfeus wrote:I hope that you know how evil you are.

On a more serious note, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of book have you been planning? I've been a little curious since you first mentioned it. :P
Oh trust me, I'm aware of my evilness. :twisted:

On the subject of the book, I'm hesitant to go into too much detail because I'm paranoid about some random forum lurker pilfering my idea (nothing personal, I just love the concept too much to share). However I don't mind giving the general gist away. I hope that's alright. Anyway, it's essentially a murder mystery set in a sci-fi/steampunk world. I wish I was comfortable talking about more of it but I don't want to share the whole concept until I've actually finished (or gotten very near finishing) the book. Suffice it to say, it's not exactly "typical."

CNB wrote:
Robnonymous wrote:I actually DO have an idea for a Hanako neutral story follow-up
It should involve her becoming involved with international espionage and intrigue as a chess grandmaster.
That's a fun idea, but my plan involves keeping the story at Yamaku. Roundabouts the general time of the ending. Maybe a few months later. Although I'm certainly not above going out there with other random stuff. Like themocaw's Random Drabbles.
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

Robnonymous wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:I hope that you know how evil you are.

Oh trust me, I'm aware of my evilness. :twisted:

On the subject of the book, I'm hesitant to go into too much detail because I'm paranoid about some random forum lurker pilfering my idea (nothing personal, I just love the concept too much to share). However I don't mind giving the general gist away. I hope that's alright. Anyway, it's essentially a murder mystery set in a sci-fi/steampunk world. I wish I was comfortable talking about more of it but I don't want to share the whole concept until I've actually finished (or gotten very near finishing) the book. Suffice it to say, it's not exactly "typical."

CNB wrote:
That's a fun idea, but my plan involves keeping the story at Yamaku. Roundabouts the general time of the ending. Maybe a few months later. Although I'm certainly not above going out there with other random stuff. Like themocaw's Random Drabbles.
I like the general summary you've given at the least. It makes me think about one of my own ideas I have for a story that takes place in a world with four nations, one nation is very steam punk and mechanically inclined, one is more in tune with nature and plants, one is similar to 18th century Europe and relies more on animal power and manual labor, and the last one is a highly advanced technological nation. And the plot of this story? A combination of national intrigue and highschool drama! Yes! The story involves the the Nature, Steam, and Medieval nations being at war with one another for years when the new Tech nation suddenly shows up and forces everyone to stop fighting or else they'd nuke everything and one of the agreements is to change the old staging grounds for these conflicts to be turned into a town where all of the nations will send people to work and socialize together in the hopes that this will help bond them together.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

I really do wish I could bring myself to go into more detail, because my current summary would be like saying Harry Potter is a series of books about witches and wizards, but I'm paranoid when it comes to story ideas. :oops:
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Just finished reading through the entire story, so I'll just go through the thoughts that I had during each part (since I wasn't around when you were writing it).

Reconciliation:
Retelling the ending from Hanako's perspective...interesting
Hanako's a writer now? I guess it is easier to type things than it is to actually say them (considering how hard it is for er to talk to people most of the time.

The Hotel Room:
I think I know where this story is going now. Hanako will meet up with Hisao and they will be together again.

Bad Connection:
So Hisao is going to call Hanako now...Oh, I guess not...OH YOU BASTARD!

Flight:
To me, this part seemed like filler (no offense)

Arrival:
I feel like this is exactly how those characters would react in those situations.
It seems like Sho has the greatest sense of logic of any of the characters in the Katawa Shoujo universe (aside from Kenji, of course).

Reunion:
They got married...I see a conspiracy here...
So Lilly doesn't always have complete control over the tone of her voice...

Letting Go:
The entire time I expected everything to just be some elaborate plan to get to see Hanako again.
I hate funerals. Even if they're for someone I hardly knew, I still start to cry...

Breakdown:
Wow, you're really good at characterization.
I'm still half expecting Hisao to show up out of nowhere, that is what tends to happen.
Twilight hate...You win

Departure:
And still, not enough closure for me. Maybe I actually like having an ending like, "and they lived happily ever after."

Your fic here has made me cry. That is a good thing, since you managed to keep emotional investment in all of the characters throughout.

Sorry about the rambling, I tend to type a lot...
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!