Shizune
42%
Misha
12%

Total votes: 785

Synthus

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by Synthus »

Probably Rin. I've never been fond of the space cadet artist character archetype, and this game hasn't done much to change it.

I also remain slightly bemused at how so many people interpret Shizune's actions in the worst possible light without context. Maybe I'm trippin' balls along with the rest of the Taliban, but I always thought that she was easily the most complex and nuanced character in KS.

*resists urge to trot out the 'feels on a platter' line*
shaftslammer

Post by shaftslammer »

Hmm i do have a more deep-seeded theory on why people dislike shizune, but i think it warrents its own topic.
Palas

Post by Palas »

I don't like Shizune because I like Misha. It makes all the sense of the world in my mind.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

As much as I'd love to jump onto the Shizune hate bandwagon, I found Emi far more annoying for whatever reason.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
shaftslammer

Post by shaftslammer »

Palas wrote:I don't like Shizune because I like Misha. It makes all the sense of the world in my mind.
You Sir, Have Reached Enlightenment :D
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

I'm playing Shizune now, can't say I'm into her persona that much. But we'll see.
Lurker.No9

Post by Lurker.No9 »

Hanako.

I'm sorry, I just don't find her terribly interesting! Yeah, I feel bad for her and all, but as she herself rightly points out in-game, feeling bad for someone is a pretty shitty reason to start a relationship with them. So sorry, Hanako-fans.
"A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus."

--President Herbert Hoover
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

LIlly. Like I said in another topic, she is as close to a Mary Sue as you are gonna get in KS and honestly she seems a little too "perfect". All the other characters had obvious flaws and so I felt they were a lot more interesting than Lilly. That being said I liked all of the main characters, just that Lilly was my least favourite.
New Age Retro Hippie

Post by New Age Retro Hippie »

Nobody in Particular wrote:LIlly. Like I said in another topic, she is as close to a Mary Sue as you are gonna get in KS and honestly she seems a little too "perfect". All the other characters had obvious flaws and so I felt they were a lot more interesting than Lilly. That being said I liked all of the main characters, just that Lilly was my least favourite.
Lilly seems like a Mary Sue because she's raised to be prim and proper. During her route, you see her occasionally breaking out of her "Mary Sue" role, indulging in sex and alcohol like a regular teenager, as well as failing to control her emotions (ie, Shizune).
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

Lurker.No9 wrote:Hanako.

I'm sorry, I just don't find her terribly interesting! Yeah, I feel bad for her and all, but as she herself rightly points out in-game, feeling bad for someone is a pretty shitty reason to start a relationship with them. So sorry, Hanako-fans.
I completely agree. I had my gripes with Shizune's path, but Hisao pursuing a relationship with Hanako just didn't seem "right" to me at all.
Nobody in Particular

New Age Retro Hippie wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:LIlly. Like I said in another topic, she is as close to a Mary Sue as you are gonna get in KS and honestly she seems a little too "perfect". All the other characters had obvious flaws and so I felt they were a lot more interesting than Lilly. That being said I liked all of the main characters, just that Lilly was my least favourite.
Lilly seems like a Mary Sue because she's raised to be prim and proper. During her route, you see her occasionally breaking out of her "Mary Sue" role, indulging in sex and alcohol like a regular teenager, as well as failing to control her emotions (ie, Shizune).
I never said she was a Mary Sue, I said she was as close to a Mary Sue you are gonna get in KS. Of course she isn't a Mary Sue because she is addicted to tea, sex and alcohol, as well as mothering Hanako and Hisao too much. Still the characters with the most flaws (Rin and Hanako for example) are the more interesting characters, at least for me anyway, and so I just didn't like Lilly so much. Her route was pretty good though.
GIRakaCHEEZER

Post by GIRakaCHEEZER »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
I never said she was a Mary Sue, I said she was as close to a Mary Sue you are gonna get in KS. Of course she isn't a Mary Sue because she is addicted to tea, sex and alcohol, as well as mothering Hanako and Hisao too much. Still the characters with the most flaws (Rin and Hanako for example) are the more interesting characters, at least for me anyway, and so I just didn't like Lilly so much. Her route was pretty good though.
But are those flaws, or are those there just make her more endearing?

If they really were flaws they would actually have a negative impact every now and then.
Music for a game that I am sort of working on:
Moustache Riders - Ignition
This seems to be sort of common in sigs here so...
Rin = Kenji > Hanako > Emi > Lilly > Shizune
Titus

Post by Titus »

Emi.

Not a fan of the 12 year old look, no matter how hard I tried to over look it. I will say she looks cute in some unique art though. And damn it, let your hair down!
Last edited by Titus on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Nobody in Particular

GIRakaCHEEZER wrote:But are those flaws, or are those there just make her more endearing?

If they really were flaws they would actually have a negative impact every now and then.
Well one of them managed to give Hisao a heart attack, him being the unlucky bastard that he is. Also mothering Hanako too much had negative effects.

Either way I don't think you can call her a Mary Sue.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Oh come on! She drinks a bit of alcohol during celebrations or a night out and suddenly she's addicted?

She has some fun with Hisao because she has a healthy adolescent sex drive , and that's addicting too? Couldn't it just possibly be that she's a teenager doing something amazing with someone she's falling in love with?

Really, guys...
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?