Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

asakayosapro

Re: Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Post by asakayosapro »

I wonder if it is possible to have a 'desired display resolution' option in the...well, Options, maybe preselected ranges from 640 x 480 to commonly available upscales, and/or allowance for a 'custom' one by manual input.

If that is not feasible, there's an expandable frame mask that expands with the game's supposed viewable window. Though i am not sure if it runs natively on 4:3 or 16:9 or other; this expanding frame mask follows and covers the outside of the game window, covering anything that is displayed outside.

If anything else, I might refer to the original Angry Birds PC game. In window mode, it is literally adjustable to any desired resolution but with a minimum limit. In fullscreen mode, it covers the entire screen, without necessarily distorting the in-game graphics.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Aside from replacing Hanako with Misha are there any bonuses to being on fire? I always assumed Hisao's mass was lower in on fire mode thus making boosts stronger. Was I mistaken?
T7b

Post by T7b »

Hanako is replaced by Misha when Misha appears on the Panic meter, and happens whether you're on fire or not.

Post by Guest »

If you've got no plans for Jigoro may I suggest he can actually throw Hisao backwards? There should be a bonus though. Like he throws you backwards and you need a boost to throw you back forward, but if you hit the same Jigoro again going forward you can go into sweater vest mode where all the girls are special for as long as you are wearing it.
ArmchairTitan

Post by ArmchairTitan »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:Aside from replacing Hanako with Misha are there any bonuses to being on fire? I always assumed Hisao's mass was lower in on fire mode thus making boosts stronger. Was I mistaken?
Being on fire gives you an extra speed boost when hitting any character. Even if you hit negative characters you still get a boost from the fire, which helps to reduce the negative effect.

You get 3 (I think) charges of this effect before the fire runs out, unless you get set on fire again in the meantime.
gainare_tottori

Post by gainare_tottori »

Being on fire itself doesn't adjust the physics, but every time you see a fireball explosion you get a boost. You start with 3 fireballs when you're on fire and use one up when you hit a character in normal play. Hitting Lilly/Rin/Emi while on fire will give you another fireball -- you'll hear "he's on fire!" repeated when this happens. Specials don't activate and use a fireball, but a Lilly/Rin/Emi special will still add another to your count. (Rin in a bin counts as a "Rin special" in this regard too, I think.)

1.0 will add a fireball counter to the wahaha/aed/pig/rin timer area.

Also, UDW sets you on fire with 5 fireballs.
Guest wrote:If you've got no plans for Jigoro may I suggest he can actually throw Hisao backwards? There should be a bonus though. Like he throws you backwards and you need a boost to throw you back forward, but if you hit the same Jigoro again going forward you can go into sweater vest mode where all the girls are special for as long as you are wearing it.
There are plans for Jigoro, but you're definitely right in not associating him with forward travel.
<Doomfest> Oh god what is art
<Juno> Baby don't hurt me
<duanemoody> don't hurt me
<Juno> No moe
T7b

Post by T7b »

I'm not sure if the counter works correctly sometimes, but it's difficult to tell on long runs, with blocks and bounces. Some rare times that I've been counting bounces/strikes it seems like it might not be counting hitting Misha blocks or Hanako as a strike at all, or maybe other characters and specials. Don't know how to effectively test this as runs get longer, or have a bunch of free time to test, but this is still great thing to waste 15 or 20 minutes on. I am still looking forward to improvements, and love what you have so far.

Just because of curiosity, I have to wonder if you think any of the personalities that are part of (the funniest) specials or appearances will take offense at this? Possibly a way of making sure celebrities or IP holders don't jump all over you is them seeing it has an altruistic and sympathetic motive, and maybe you should even imply that when this does go "live" you recommend people donate to charities like the KS devs.
Katawa-CrashLover

Post by Katawa-CrashLover »

when the 1.0 release please i can wait for it 8)
gainare_tottori

Post by gainare_tottori »

T7b wrote:Just because of curiosity, I have to wonder if you think any of the personalities that are part of (the funniest) specials or appearances will take offense at this?
I think it's safe to say you don't use Katawa Shoujo as a basis for a silly parody/homage Flash game if you are sensitive to potentially offending anybody.
<Doomfest> Oh god what is art
<Juno> Baby don't hurt me
<duanemoody> don't hurt me
<Juno> No moe
Cncr

Post by Cncr »

How does one submit a score?
Katawa-CrashLover

Post by Katawa-CrashLover »

when release the 1.0 Katawa crash i need it i love this game :D
kingshivan

Post by kingshivan »

hahahaha omg I nearly died when I got the giant misha head sequence the first time!!! current my max distance was 26000
Sauronyan

Post by Sauronyan »

Have any of the versions past .8.66 been released?
PokeHacker

Post by PokeHacker »

I travelled 42369.66m in one go playing Katawa Crash! That's great, right?!
...Right?
T7b

Post by T7b »

PokeHacker wrote:I travelled 42369.66m in one go playing Katawa Crash! That's great, right?!
...Right?
Not Really