Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

ayamedeude

Re: Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by ayamedeude »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:Just wondering - has anyone received one of these pendants in metal, yet? Very curious to see what they'd look like.
Someone has recently contacted me about donating photos of their antiqued bronze version of the pendant. I'll see about getting those photos onto the shopfront once I get a hold of those photos.

I'll try to get them up as soon as I can, but I'm currently busy working on finalizing photos for two versions of my pokeball rings.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:Just wondering - has anyone received one of these pendants in metal, yet? Very curious to see what they'd look like.
Provided there's proper Cosmic Alignment, the one I ordered in Stainless Steel should be in my possession tomorrow.

Pic's provided when available.
For Queen and Country
Shotgun_Ninja

Post by Shotgun_Ninja »

I don't suppose there'd be any chance of getting a larger printed version of the shape, would there? Say, along the lines of 4-6 inches tall? I know it's a lot of material, but it would definitely be an interesting piece for cosplay...
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Shotgun_Ninja wrote:I don't suppose there'd be any chance of getting a larger printed version of the shape, would there? Say, along the lines of 4-6 inches tall? I know it's a lot of material, but it would definitely be an interesting piece for cosplay...
I could put one in my shop for you if you want, but i warn you...it would be really expensive. I mean, crazy expensive. I tried making a full sized pokeball once and it came out to 900 dollars. Sadly, shapeways 3d printing isn't a very good method for making large sculptures. =/

edit: just tried uploading a 5.5-ish inch wide heart and it came out to be $350 in White Strong and Flexible which is the cheapest (keeping for reasonable durability) material next to ceramic.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

ayamedeude wrote:
Shotgun_Ninja wrote:I don't suppose there'd be any chance of getting a larger printed version of the shape, would there? Say, along the lines of 4-6 inches tall? I know it's a lot of material, but it would definitely be an interesting piece for cosplay...
I could put one in my shop for you if you want, but i warn you...it would be really expensive. I mean, crazy expensive. I tried making a full sized pokeball once and it came out to 900 dollars. Sadly, shapeways 3d printing isn't a very good method for making large sculptures. =/

edit: just tried uploading a 5.5-ish inch wide heart and it came out to be $350 in White Strong and Flexible which is the cheapest (keeping for reasonable durability) material next to ceramic.
But youre taking about a whole, filled-in, massive (filled with mass) pendant right? If it's hollowed out, with a thick enough shell so it wont break, it shouldnt be as expensive.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Hitman3256 wrote:But youre taking about a whole, filled-in, massive (filled with mass) pendant right? If it's hollowed out, with a thick enough shell so it wont break, it shouldnt be as expensive.
Sadly, it IS hollow. I can probably reduce the price further by cutting the rear half of the heart off. That should decrease the cost by about 50%.
Shotgun_Ninja

Post by Shotgun_Ninja »

o.o That's just a little bit beyond what I'm willing to spend at this point... Maybe once KS becomes more popular?
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Shotgun_Ninja wrote:o.o That's just a little bit beyond what I'm willing to spend at this point... Maybe once KS becomes more popular?
Yeah, I don't blame you. lol

edit: I'm seeing what I can do about decreasing the cost to something more manageable. I know that the ceramic medium is much much cheaper and I can try editing the model a bit to accommodate it's level of brittleness, but I am completely in the dark about the level of detail it may have. We shall see what happens when I am done. Updates to come.

edit edit: So I've uploaded a newer lighter model that has less than half of the original mass and it has come down to $100 for White Strong and Flexible ($120 for Polished) or $75 for ceramic (white or black). Much more affordable over the original $350, but still wouldn't blame you if you wanted to opt out. Again, no idea about the level of detail that ceramics have (as they are printed THEN glazed) but it is the significantly cheaper option.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Some of you wanted some pictures of the pendant in a metallic medium so...here ya go! (Courtesy of a kind user from Shapeways.) This one is Antique Bronze Matte.

Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Not bad....the 3D printing makes it look interesting :P Never seen it done in bronze before. How heavy is it, do you know?

Would like to see one in silver :)
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Hitman3256 wrote:Not bad....the 3D printing makes it look interesting :P Never seen it done in bronze before. How heavy is it, do you know?

Would like to see one in silver :)
I'm not sure how much it weighs, but I'd say that it may be pretty hefty. Id say maybe the weight of 5 quarters (~28 grams).

I also would like to see how a glossy silver print would look like. After all, it's the best (most jewelry appropriate) material shapeways has available.

Sliding backward a little, I've played around with the large heart shaped model that Shotgun_Ninja inquired about and I've managed to decrease the cost further down to $90 for White Strong and Flexible. The cheapest material available is Ceramic and even that is still at $75 or (if you want a bit more guaranteed detail) Sandstone at $80.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/484723/w ... 9447a89be9
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Just curious, what program did you use to make it?
Last year I was in an engineering class and they gave us a week to come up with small designs to print on a 3D printer, we used AutoDesk Inventor for it. I made a small replica of the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda, but I got the blade wrong =/ still pretty cool.

Are you thinking of making other designs? I know the bandaged heart is the KS symbol, but just curious.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Hitman3256 wrote:Just curious, what program did you use to make it?
Last year I was in an engineering class and they gave us a week to come up with small designs to print on a 3D printer, we used AutoDesk Inventor for it. I made a small replica of the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda, but I got the blade wrong =/ still pretty cool.

Are you thinking of making other designs? I know the bandaged heart is the KS symbol, but just curious.
I only have blender at the moment (3d rendering programs can be so expensive...) but I'm hoping to get Rhino3D sometime in the future for any other designs I may try out.

Currently I output to a little shop I sell from (http://www.shapeways.com/shops/vidya), but I don't think that I will be making anymore KS based things. We will see though.
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

Just wanted to say thank you for the updates/the bronze pictures! Very helpful. It looks great. :)
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
Misery

Post by Misery »

Finally, it is here! The UPS guy literally just knocked on my door. Here's your first look at the stainless steel version.. Misery delivars!

A quick size comparison.. (Also blatant advertising for Nintendo :? )

The steel version is as solid and as weighty as steel gets, the quality of the finish and overall construction is very impressive and I believe my order is justified.

Cheers.