Hisao's little bundle of joy

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Hisao's little bundle of joy

Post by NoOne3 »

I was gathering up courage to make a topic like this for a while now, but today's shimmie made me do it:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2627
Yup. Looks like Rin over there have a little Rinnie with her.

The whole thing struck me first, while near the end of Hanako's thread Hisao showed his Boy-Scout nature producing a certain contraceptive device in the moment of dire need. Since it was my second go through the game, and I already passed Miss Tezuka's path, I realised that he didn't show such a foresight then. I didn't pay much attention at the fact before, but just then, I let my imagination loose for a moment, and just sat there with a vision of possible consequences of this fact.

At first I was like...
But then I realised it could really work both ways. They might both freak out, although I still have to imagine the sight of freaked out Rin (well, not really, she has some moments in KS like that). They might freak a little, and then, well take what's coming to them... After seing this, a bit outdated material, I won't doubt in Rin's physical abilities in the matter, but still...

The next vision was Hisao, in an apron, prepairing a porrige.
Probably while being fingerpanted, and possibly toepainted treacherously from behind.

What are your visions of main characters having a kid? Not necessarily after their first time (I checked, Shizune has also a chance in that) And not neccesarily out of wedlock. Maybe there are some worthwile fanstories about it? (I tried to read through some Fan Works, but it's gonna take me years).
Prof. Coyote

Re: Hisao's little bundle of joy

Post by Prof. Coyote »

After looking through all the artwork on this topic ... very surprised that all of the children happen to be girls, and only two (Shizune's and Emi's) seem to have any hereditary traits to Hisao. The odds alone don't support that.

I do think it's cute, though, and I thought about this topic myself because of precisely what you mentioned in the game. Maybe that's just the "expectant father" part of me talking, I dunno ...

EDIT: Does it also seem like the Lilly picture makes her blindness possibly hereditary? That girl's acting kind of like a blind child, just based on the pose ...
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I've heard that Hanako was originally planned to get pregnant, but it was scrapped. Not sure how much truth there is to that, though.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:I've heard that Hanako was originally planned to get pregnant, but it was scrapped. Not sure how much truth there is to that, though.
Oh... It is my personal oppinion, that she would take such a radical and drastic change in her life very hard. Much harder than even Emi ("Mama-san? You're O-baachan now!").
Prof. Coyote wrote:very surprised that all of the children happen to be girls
I wouldn't be that surprised. The whole Manga-Anime genre is a cult of cuteness. Everyone knows little girls are just so much more "kawaii".
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Where is this babby art thread? I don't see the link for it in this thread.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

This thread makes me wish I could draw. I'm actually not much of a fan of kids (frankly, they intimidate me).. but there is so much cute potential here - for all the girls. I will now be looking for fanart. :P
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:I've heard that Hanako was originally planned to get pregnant, but it was scrapped. Not sure how much truth there is to that, though.
Word of God says it was suppose to happen but... :
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z154 ... 1330384132

My theory is that lol teen pregnancy. Final Fantasy VI had the same issue.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Prof. Coyote wrote:EDIT: Does it also seem like the Lilly picture makes her blindness possibly hereditary? That girl's acting kind of like a blind child, just based on the pose ...
... You're just being paranoid. She's just mimicking her mother's behavior. It's not like Shizune's kid is mute just because she's using a pacifier. But like a Mishimmie commenter said, if that's true, then that's one messed up gene pool.
guest2 wrote:Where is this babby art thread? I don't see the link for it in this thread.
It's in the Mishimmie.

EDIT: The comments are ingenious. One of them pointed out that Shizune's daughter had eyes like Misha. Of course, the brown eyes COULD have been inherited from Hisao, but that would be less entertaining. :lol:
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:This thread makes me wish I could draw. I'm actually not much of a fan of kids (frankly, they intimidate me).. but there is so much cute potential here - for all the girls. I will now be looking for fanart. :P
You and me both. I'm already trying to practice, watching few tutorials.. got few scetches with various results :lol: I've never been good to draw anything.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

That Hanako picture is pretty terrible. The artist really don't know how to anatomy.
Titus

Post by Titus »

encrypted12345 wrote: EDIT: The comments are ingenious. One of them pointed out that Shizune's daughter had eyes like Misha. Of course, the brown eyes COULD have been inherited from Hisao, but that would be less entertaining. :lol:
holy crap that was me!11

But yea, the eyes did take after Misha. And I really doubt Hisao being the father, in this case, the artist just made a slightly different version of their mothers. Except for Emi. Hisao's traits are there.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Titus wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote: EDIT: The comments are ingenious. One of them pointed out that Shizune's daughter had eyes like Misha. Of course, the brown eyes COULD have been inherited from Hisao, but that would be less entertaining. :lol:
holy crap that was me!11

But yea, the eyes did take after Misha. And I really doubt Hisao being the father, in this case, the artist just made a slightly different version of their mothers. Except for Emi. Hisao's traits are there.
I guess you can say that even in the gene pool...

Shizune's more dominant.

YEEEAAAAAAH
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Actually, the Shizune pictures remind me of the Shizune epilogue that was written by a fan. I'll attach it in case anyone here hasn't read it. Kinda works with the Shizune/kid picture.
Attachments
Katawa Shoujo, Shizune Epilogue.docx
(18.01 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Prof. Coyote

Post by Prof. Coyote »

Bigbishounen wrote:Actually, the Shizune pictures remind me of the Shizune epilogue that was written by a fan. I'll attach it in case anyone here hasn't read it. Kinda works with the Shizune/kid picture.
Hadn't seen this one myself, and I have to say I think it works, forgiving all of the grammatical errors (I'm an English professor, shut up! :wink: ).
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

U.T. Raptor wrote:That Hanako picture is pretty terrible. The artist really don't know how to anatomy.
And you ,kind sir, really don't know how to fanart. Anatomy, logic, even simple human proportions means next to nothing, if it comes to fanart.

I see, the discussion doesn't really happen. And the fleeting feeling passed. Ow well. At least I'll link the pictures for future (generations) reference, since they all ended up on the Shimmie:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2631
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2630
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2629
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2628
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2627

Edit:Theoretically speaking, Shizune's kid might be a boy. Especially, having in mind the kid's uncle...