First and Second dates

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

First and Second dates

Post by Guest Poster »

So, once Hisao and his girl of choice end up going steady, what kind of dates would be most appropriate (or least appropriate) for each of them?

- Emi:

Least appropriate: Emi seems like a girl who'd have severe trouble with activities that'd require her to sit still and keep her mouth shut for an extended period of time, so stuff like a play/musical or even a non-action movie seems right out. As would dinner in a classy restaurant, seeing that Emi's anything but classy when she opens her mouth.

Most appropriate: Emi seems all about letting one's hair down and having fun and being able to share chatter. A picnic in the park (as the one in her route) is very appropriate for her for a first date since it's informal and easy-going. I also have her pegged for an adrenaline addict, so an amusement park would be perfect for her for a second date if it wasn't for the most interesting rides being a potential death trap to Hisao, despite his improved health. Beach or the pool might be fun for her (yes, even people in wheelchairs can swim) since she can have splash fights with Hisao or do stuff like flying a kite.

Bonus: Love hotel room with PLENTY of pillows afterwards.

- Shizune:

Least appropriate: Obviously anything that would require hearing like an opera or even a movie without subtitles. Shizune seems like a girl who gets bored very quickly with passive stuff, so movies may be out period. But she's also not exactly into heavy physical stuff. Even most competitive activities quickly bore her if they don't challenge her enough.

Most appropriate: It's kinda difficult to guess what she'd like since she's such a workaholic. But seeing that she liked the school festival so much, I'd say taking her to cultural events like community festivals would be most appropriate for her. Since she's a rich girl, she might also enjoy an exclusive restaurant similar to Lilly's in-game date, though I'm not 100% sure on that. Maybe she'd like hot-spring resorts too.

- Rin:

Least appropriate: Not really sure. Rin's still kind of an enigma. She doesn't seem to have many hobbies. Obviously, a dinner in a dress in an exclusive restaurant is RIGHT OUT with her. Since she's so easily distracted, a lot of activities that are very involved are unlikely to connect with her.

Most appropriate: Probably a boat trip or something. Rin would probably enjoy just sitting on deck, watching the waves and clouds all around her. Or maybe the zoo...she might find it facscinating.

- Lilly:

Least appropriate: Any place with loud noise, since it'd severely limit her ability to communicate. Obviously, any activity that requires eyesight like a museum. Since she's not too atlethic, I doubt she'd like physical activities much.

Most appropriate: Anything that matches Lilly's classy-as-hell vibe. An exclusive meal in a restaurant like in her route. A musical, opera or musical concert. Or a wine tasting event.

Bonus: Love hotel room with scented sheets and atmospheric music in the background for the HASD.

- Hanako:

Least appropriate: Any place that'd require her to get out of her usual clothes, so I don't see her wearing a dress like Lilly's and the beach or hot springs resort (unless it had private baths) would be living hell for her. She can be awkward in conversations, so best not any activity that'd leave lots of room for awkward silences.

Most appropriate: Movie, probably. She'd be able to relax in the dark and just focus on enjoying the film. Bonus if it's an adaption of a book she read, since it gives good conversation material afterwards. As a second date, maybe visit a game arcade. Lots of arcade halls are fairly dark too and Hanako would stick out very much. (Hisao in his sweater on the other hand...) Playing air hockey or video games (both cooperative and against each other) would probably be something that Hanako'd enjoy a lot, both because of her playful competitive spirit and because it doesn't require her to think of what to say next all the time.
gRaViJa

Re: First and Second dates

Post by gRaViJa »

Pretty much would think of the same kind of dates. Fun little piece of reading. I wonder if Emi would feel a bit ashamed to go swimming without her legs on. (or would she have awesome flipper-prosthetics?)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Most of these are surprisingly pretty spot on. I really don't think Shizune has an ideal date though, she's just too hard to peg due to her off setting personality and lack of interests.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Emi would probably like something new and exciting... does she swim? I would say something requiring proper endurance (of your legs) like a hike is probably out as eventually with prosthetics you need to take a rest from them to avoid chafing, bleeding and pain, but something quicker and exciting and physical would be great. Paintballing? One of those adventure camps where you do zip lines and stuff? Failing that, a trip to the park to mess around on the playground equipment (hey, I've done it) or just throw bread at the ducks would be fun.

Shizune likes her challenges, in the Valentine's thread I suggested bowling as if she doesn't feel up to the physical exertion (and you can't goad her into it) then you have a video arcade full of games to play. Just picture her on a DDR machine or popping zombies in House Of The Dead. Hell, a Chuck-E-Cheese would be great because she wouldn't be able to hear the shrieking children and they have better games like basketball and skeeball. Failing that, I think you could do anything with a competitive element from physical stuff like batting cages and go-kart tracks, down to more sedate stuff like some board games like Cataan or Ticket To Ride, or even perhaps each trying to build half of one of those big 3D jigsaw puzzles and seeing who can finish their half first.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

metalangel wrote: Shizune likes her challenges, in the Valentine's thread I suggested bowling as if she doesn't feel up to the physical exertion (and you can't goad her into it) then you have a video arcade full of games to play. Just picture her on a DDR machine or popping zombies in House Of The Dead. Hell, a Chuck-E-Cheese would be great because she wouldn't be able to hear the shrieking children and they have better games like basketball and skeeball. Failing that, I think you could do anything with a competitive element from physical stuff like batting cages and go-kart tracks, down to more sedate stuff like some board games like Cataan or Ticket To Ride, or even perhaps each trying to build half of one of those big 3D jigsaw puzzles and seeing who can finish their half first.
Shizune refuses to throw things, not sure if that would apply to bowling or not.
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Most of these are surprisingly pretty spot on. I really don't think Shizune has an ideal date though, she's just too hard to peg due to her off setting personality and lack of interests.
I would take her to a Magic: The Gathering draft. I think she would quite enjoy it.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:
metalangel wrote: Shizune likes her challenges, in the Valentine's thread I suggested bowling as if she doesn't feel up to the physical exertion (and you can't goad her into it) then you have a video arcade full of games to play. Just picture her on a DDR machine or popping zombies in House Of The Dead. Hell, a Chuck-E-Cheese would be great because she wouldn't be able to hear the shrieking children and they have better games like basketball and skeeball. Failing that, I think you could do anything with a competitive element from physical stuff like batting cages and go-kart tracks, down to more sedate stuff like some board games like Cataan or Ticket To Ride, or even perhaps each trying to build half of one of those big 3D jigsaw puzzles and seeing who can finish their half first.
Shizune refuses to throw things, not sure if that would apply to bowling or not.
Which is why I suggested 'Putt-Putt Golf' in the Valentines day thread.
Fried Food picnic with a Mountain Top view for dinner.
For Queen and Country
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Hell, take her to a boardgaming cafe or your LFG. Shizune would make an awesome ca/tg/irl.

Not for the entire date though, mind, that'd be pretty sad.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

metalangel wrote:Cataan
Are you TRYING to show Shizune a mediocre time? Good lord, at least play "Power Grid" or "War on Terror" or something that's actually fun.
Blackknight1239

Post by Blackknight1239 »

Synthus wrote:Hell, take her to a boardgaming cafe or your LFG. Shizune would make an awesome ca/tg/irl.

Personally, I want to see Lilly try her hand at something like FATE.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

themocaw wrote:
Are you TRYING to show Shizune a mediocre time? Good lord, at least play "Power Grid" or "War on Terror" or something that's actually fun.
Oooh sorry, I sold my Fireball Island.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Synthus wrote:Hell, take her to a boardgaming cafe or your LFG. Shizune would make an awesome ca/tg/irl.

Awesome.. Then Hisao could play Bang! with the girl of his choice. If u know what I mean.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

metalangel wrote:Oooh sorry, I sold my Fireball Island.
You did WHAT?! Blasphemy!
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

themocaw wrote:
Diplomacy?
Blackknight1239

Post by Blackknight1239 »

Synthus wrote:
themocaw wrote:
Diplomacy?
That would end in death, I'm sure.