Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Palodin

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Palodin »

We'll go up another rank in 16 hours or so, at this rate. 1.5 months to the next one, mind
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nice to move through that 181-180 ranking. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

We'll probably end up back there soon enough, there are three other teams that will catch us over the next month or so, in about the same time we'll only move up one place. Cursed to remain at 180 forever :(
Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

I have a PS3, and have Folding@Home, but don't know what to do from there to get it to account to KS, and where can I get one of those sigs?
"One does not simply forget Katawa Shoujo.."
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

Palodin wrote: Add the following to your signatures;

Code: Select all

[fahsign]Your F@H Name[/fahsign]
If it doesn't seem to be working, try putting a space before your name, I had to do that for some reason
That should cover the signature, at least. You'll need someone smarter than I to tell you how to get the team running, I don't have a PS3
Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

Ah,, thank you. It's good to see this board is very much alive.(Can't tell if it's working, as all I get is the imageloader thingy)
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

Ippo279 wrote:Ah,, thank you. It's good to see this board is very much alive.(Can't tell if it's working, as all I get is the imageloader thingy)
It's working, you just need your first WU for the team first
Fuin

Post by Fuin »

Ippo279 wrote:I have a PS3, and have Folding@Home, but don't know what to do from there to get it to account to KS, and where can I get one of those sigs?
I don't have a PS3 myself but this guide might help. Scroll down to Step 4: Change Identity settings.

KS' team number is 167809.
Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

Thanks to Fuin and PGleo86, It's working! Already done 1 WU, planning on doing more!
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

I'm curious, whats this about? Can someone explain?

I went to the website but only got more confused...
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Oh, good grief. So a few weeks ago I posted about how my client crashed and didn't seem inclined to restart. After a few days it did, and started working on the last work unit. Unfortunately it took two full weeks to complete said unit (which was only 750 steps), and when I finally did I didn't get credit for it (I think I missed the deadline and the unit was assigned to someone else). Very frustrating.

On the upside, it appears to be working properly again. I'm still grumpy about missing two weeks but at least I'm still contributing!
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Hitman3256 wrote:I'm curious, whats this about? Can someone explain?

In a nutshell, it uses your idle processor power to help research various proteins. Current projects involve the likes of Alzheimers and Huntingdons diseases, looking into exactly how they work. If you're just running the standard single CPU client you won't even notice its running, you use so little CPU power just doing normal browsing etc.
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

Palodin wrote:

In a nutshell, it uses your idle processor power to help research various proteins. Current projects involve the likes of Alzheimers and Huntingdons diseases, looking into exactly how they work. If you're just running the standard single CPU client you won't even notice its running, you use so little CPU power just doing normal browsing etc.

And depending on the power of your computer, you might not even notice it's running when doing more intensive things either. I have a new lower-midrange computer (going by price) and I can play games like Skyrim at max settings even while the CPU client is running. It really sips CPU cycles.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

PGleo86 wrote:
Palodin wrote:

And depending on the power of your computer, you might not even notice it's running when doing more intensive things either. I have a new lower-midrange computer (going by price) and I can play games like Skyrim at max settings even while the CPU client is running. It really sips CPU cycles.
Sorry yeah, I meant to say that. Was half asleep when I typed that and wasn't thinking so gud. The SMP and GPU clients will chew through work units at an impressive pace (In terms of points per day, single CPU client does 400-500, SMP/GPU can do 7000-8000 easy) but will be more noticeable in games. The SMP client actually isn't too bad but the GPU client will rape any game you're playing, it doesn't scale well at all so best to pause it during games.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Thanks Palodin and PGleo86 :D

I will contribute to this also ^^