Things Hisao did you would've done differently

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

asakayosapro

Re: Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by asakayosapro »

Oh, how differently i would do it....

Emi's route:
Sherlock Holmes here.. It does not take rocket science to figure out Emi's issues - well, not all of them. Asking her mom would be the best approach - although i'd have to keep the MILF orientation under check...
Oh, and the shed scene.. One does not simply lemonlube into Mordor. 'Nuff said.

Shizune's route:
Oh, dayum... Defeat is NOT in my vocabulary. Sure, she may be deaf and mute, but when it comes to competition, I will have no mercy even if it is only a game. Winning is everything that losing is not. Risk, chess, jyanken/rockpapersciz, bring it on. I would probably introduce her to C&C Generals Zero Hour, because it's the BEST. RTS. GAME. EVER.
And then win round after round after round. Her teaming up with Misha would not even matter.

Dealing with Misha - i'm a monogamous guy in general, but hey, who does not want a mutually assured threesome? Heck, if i really was aiming for Misha instead of Shizune, i'd carve myself a Misha route through all that.
Me comforting her will probably not involve sex at all if i was already into Shizune, anyway. It would probably end up with me turning into Courageous Advice Wolf and setting things straight between them.

Dealing with Pico Chico Coco Hideaki:
I will play along with the entire thing but I will (jokingly) keep calling him either Pico, Chico or Coco.. or if he can act the part, Nell.(<<And hand him a golf clubset.)

Dealing with that immature Unwarranted Self-Importance-infected V8(? nah..) motormouth that calls itself Jigoro:
# (wut, i has handicap [arrythmia]? dis sux..)
It would highly likely end up as a massive verbal nuclear exchange. One thing is for sure - he will have no chance of winning. Take it from a bluerope Drill Sergeant.
# (the normal me)
Duke Nukem vs Battlelord. And the final blow/s? Yes, it will be right in the jewels.
Well, whatever. Either way i'd put him to shame and own him so hard, Shizune might not let me go for more than five minutes. >:3 Rrrrrrrawr.

Rin's route:
I might not be an art decoder, but i can relate so much to her. Asperger's is never a bad thing unless you make it so.
I might not be able to understand her art, but i'd go though all the effort necessary to understand what she is trying to say.
I might not be an artist, but i'd try my hand at abstract work - and then, with those, demonstrate to Rin that, although one can express themselves with art, one must not expect others to understand it though just that. We'd probably end up explaining to each other why we drew / painted it like this and that, etc.
I might not be a teacher, but it's not like i can't gently show her how to express herself with words. It might take a lot of time and a lot of effort, but if that is what it takes, and only if she wants it, it will be done.
I might not be a tool, but Nomiya sure feels like one. For all that i have read bout what he has done - not for her talent, but for Rin herself - i can't find one hint of him caring for the well-being of his student. Heck, he doesn't even stop to worry if she's been eating properly or if that attic is livable enough for her - or at least has no mosquitoes.
I might never have been a druggie, but if she can let herself loose with codeine, just once, i'd probably allow it - and join her too.
I might not have lived long enough to experience everything in this world, but i can show Rin the joys of realizing the meaning of life, the meaning of existing, and all the Pro perks that come attached with it - and of course, how to deal with the troubles of it. (Well, maybe except akimbo or dual-wielding stuff , but, well..yeah.)
I might not succeed, but you just lost the game.
I might not be able to really emphasize this, but I really liked Rin's route for her uniquneness as a character.

Lilly's route:
*goes off to play Katawa Kart 5: Airport Dash!*
*Now with ponies, Need4Speed cars, or AC's superfighter jets. Don't ask me what i'd do if i had ADMMs.

All kidding aside, i'd probably hang out with her a lot more, and tell her what i feel for her sooner.

If she asked me that question in the bathroom, i'd probably reply with a cheesy line like..
"Who wouldn't think that when he has the beautiful girl that he loves in front of him?"
Hell, I love cheese.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

As other people have stated:

Emi route spoilers: The whole thing with Emi's dad ended up being pretty clear to me by the time I first saw Emi's mom. Kinda weird how Hisao couldn't figure that out until near the end of the route. All things considered though, not much would be changed in the story though. And I probably wouldn't have done anything different.

As for Hanako: To be honest, I'd probably end up receiving the wrong message from Hanako stripping herself down as well. I'm not the smartest person in the world and I sometimes need to have things explained to me. Like what Hanako did with Hisao in the final scene. And at least Hisao realized what he did and felt horrible about it.

Shizune: The comforting Misha thing. I didn't expect Hisao to have sex with her! I thought he was just going to hug her and pat her on the head. Dammit Hisao you're too horny for your own good! D: Thankfully I cheated and loaded up my last save once I realized what was going on. For that situation, I probably wouldn't have kicked her out of my room, but instead try to console her and find out what was wrong.
Titus

Post by Titus »

asakayosapro wrote:
Shizune's route:
Oh, dayum... Defeat is NOT in my vocabulary. Sure, she may be deaf and mute, but when it comes to competition, I will have no mercy even if it is only a game. Winning is everything that losing is not. Risk, chess, jyanken/rockpapersciz, bring it on. I would probably introduce her to C&C Generals Zero Hour, because it's the BEST. RTS. GAME. EVER.
And then win round after round after round. Her teaming up with Misha would not even matter.
Hell yea. I hated how Hisao kept losing in one way or another to her. Part of the reason I like Shizune is the competition and I'd love to smash her at a game.

Hanako too. Christ Hisao, Pool is not that hard of a game! Get your shit together.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Joeshmoelb

Post by Joeshmoelb »

I don't think its even possible to post the amount of times I would have acted differently to hisao, they made the main character quite dense.
amentoraz

Post by amentoraz »

I've still not finished Hanako's nor done Lilly nor Rin, but:

Hanako's route: I wouldn't read so many retarded books. I mean, a book about rollercoasters from 20 years ago? I was like, Hisao, listen, HISAO, seriously she's going to think you're stupid, if you pick that up you're going to look like some guy who's just started to read yesterday and has difficulties with books with no pictures.

Emi's route: Well the total lack-of-a-clue from Hisao about Emi's stuff. I guess we all were amazed on how he wouldn't guess. Also I would have never said something like "for all I care you can go bury your secrets along with your daddy"
Titus

Post by Titus »

amentoraz wrote: "for all I care you can go bury your secrets along with your daddy"
Hisao knew what he said. He's a sadistic maniac and his line was deliciously evil.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
FrédéricKarateChopin

Post by FrédéricKarateChopin »

If I were Hisao, I would have done this as soon as I walked into the library for the first timeImage
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

If I had been Hisao, than he would have ended up as one of those background characters with no speaking role.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

as I only have Shizune, Emi, and Hanako done

Shizune: I honestly don't know what I would do differently except suggest a threesome

Emi: I would have figured her dad was dead sooner, I would tried to convey my digging and I would have straight up said that I love her and maybe a few other things I can't think off right now

Hanako: I think I would get the whole sex thing and try to tell her she doesn't have to do it if she doesn't want to and then proceed with an embrace and a kiss and then maybe sex and I would sure as hell take my boxers off and I would try to get her stocking off or ask for her help with them but in actuality I would have been like "Holy crap she wants to do it."

outside of paths I would have tried to get in shape so dying young was less likely
FluffandCrunch

Post by FluffandCrunch »

...practically everything.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I would probably have ended up in an ending worse than Kenji's
pauper

Post by pauper »

Some obvious things..

Emi: Like almost everyone here, would find out about her father.
Rin: I would say that I didn't understand her the first time I'd speak to her :L
Hanako: I wouldn't be so pushy
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Brick wall of text. You have been warned.

In regards to Hanako's bad ending, I don't know how to tell how I would have dealt with it in a shorter way than describing how I would have written it.

[Time split 10 days later]
I want to be able to say that I'm over this game. That I no longer get the "feels" as I did when I went through each path for the first time. I truly believed I was over it. No such luck. This was incredibly painful to type out. For over a week I've debated whether I should post this or not. I closed the page in the draft menu every time I tried to until now. As much as I cared for Hanako in her story ark, I can still say that this is how I would have reacted to her. I don't want to be able to say that.
[/Time split 10 days later]

Hisao: Hanako, I just want to help you-
(She suddenly storms off her bed, turning to me with an expression that takes me completely off guard)
Hanako: Get out of my room, Get out of my room, Get out of my room...!
(Hanako yells at me with such force that, for the first time in a long time, I feel genuinely frightened. I... I have no idea how to react to this, and from Hanako of all people.)
Hanako: Leave! I'm telling you, go!
Hisao: B-but... I was just trying to.. help you...
Hanako: I know I need help! I know I'm broken! I don't need you to tell me that!
(That word: broken. How can she believe she's broken?)
Hisao: Hanako, I never said you were broken. I don't know why you would think that.
Hanako: It's written on your face, it's written on Lilly's face, it's written on everybody's faces! I see a therapist every week, Lilly dotes on me as if I were her child, and now, even you!
(I think I physically reel back as she says this. Her face shows an image of pure anger. I have never seen someone completely lose it before. It takes me a moment to register that the normally shy and soft-spoken girl in front of me has really blown a gasket. But then that word strikes me again. The word she used just a moment ago: Broken. It raises a disgusting taste in my mouth that I just can't get rid of.)
Hanako: Nothing's changed, nothing at all!
(Suddenly, a rush of memories, feelings and questions strike me. When I first met Hanako, I had somehow managed to send her running by just saying hello. Between then and just before her birthday, I managed to warm her up to me. Thanks to some help from Lilly, I managed to get to a point where she was willing to talk about her time in the orphanage, a feat not even Lilly managed to do. She even went so far as to say she was willing to listen to my own... issues. To say that nothing has changed between us would be nothing more than a disillusioned, blatant lie. Hanako's dismissal of my and Lilly's care for her sends a sharp pain through my chest that makes my initial heart attack feel like minor heartburn.)
Hanako: I hate Lilly, and I... I hate you more than anyone...! Go! Leave me alone! Get out of here!
(That was the final proverbial stake through the heart: she said she hates me more than anyone and wants me to leave. My mind is racing with all these thoughts. My mind comes to a conclusion before I realize it. I snap.)
Hisao: Broken? Broken?! How can you say your broken?!
(Hanako's eyes go wide with surprise at the notion that I would give any resistance to her anger. She starts to cringe at my words but I don't care. I keep going)
Hisao: If your broken, then I'm just as broken as you! Hell, this entire school is broken! I doubt any student here would actually be here if they didn't have some kind of mental baggage! And how can you think either Lilly or I dote on you? We were only trying to enjoy spending time with you. I don't know about Lilly, but can you honestly believe that if I didn't care about you as a person that I would still hang out with you? I could have spent time with Shizune after you ran from the library the first time we met. Hell, even Kenji, the blind guy across the hall from my room seems nice enough!
(In my ranting and raving, I had been pacing up and down Hanako's room so when I turn to look at her, every fiber of my being freezes. I hadn't even noticed that Hanako crawled under her bedsheets in a vain attempt to distance herself from me. All I can see of her is half of her face but the expression on it disturbes me more than anything. The expression on Hanako's face is one of fear. It isn't her normal fear of people either, It's probably the look I had just a moment ago when she let loose on me.The hair that normally covers half of her face shifts toward her pillow, revealing more of her burns and her other eye. Her eyes are wide open and glued to mine and her mouth is partially open as if she were about to scream. It has been several seconds since I turned to look towards her and I'm still staring at her. What is wrong with me? How could I be so stupid! I just blew up in front of the only girl I have ever truly cared about and now she lies in bed shaking and fearing the man she once called a friend.)
Hisao: Hanako... I...
(I take a step towards her as I try to explain myself but she pulls the covers over her head and her shaking gets worse. I've done it. I have royally screwed up any kind of relationship I could have had with her. All because I worried more about her than myself like Lilly said I was doing. I just couldn't help it though. A girl in pain, especially one I care so much for, was something I couldn't handle to see without trying to do something about it. How could I turn my concern for Hanako end up like this? I'm a terrible person to let things end like this. I open my mouth before my mind has a chance to close it)
Hisao: You don"t deserve that Hanako. I let my feelings boil over and for that, I'm sorry. I'm still here because I genuinely care for you. I don't want to help you because I think you need it, I want to help you because I want to, even though I know you can yourself. If it means I could snap again in the future, then I don't deserve to be the one to care for you. I'm sorry it turned out this way.
(My heart is actually starting to bother me now. That familiar constricting sensation keeps me from moving normally but I manage to get to the door and open it without much difficulty. Half way down the hallway, my foot explodes with the feeling of pins and needles. I go to kneel down to grab it but this sends the same feeling through both my legs. I grunt as I hit the floor, barely conscious as I struggle to breath. So this is it then eh? I can't help but think I deserve it seeing as to what I just did in front of Hanako. As my vision blurs, I can hear a door behind me opening, followed by a scream.

Interpret as you wish.
Last edited by Brisingr on Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

I wouldn't have pressured Rin into doing that art exhibit, since she was so visibly uncomfortable with the whole idea. I certainly would've pulled her out of the whole project after that whole masturbation fiasko, at the latest, or at least strongly recommended to her that she quit, since at that point it had become obvious that she wasn't feeling well anymore. I would've also told Nomiya to go fuck himself.

With Emi, I wouldn't have pestered her about her dad, since his death was so clearly readable between the lines.

I'm not sure if I could've started a relationship with Shizune at all.

In Lilly's case, I might have tried harder to talk her out of leaving for Scotland. She was too good to lose after all.

With Hanako, everything went as expected. No need to make changes to my choices. :3

I might have also tried going after Miki or Suzu instead. :3 Even defying the possibility that Miki might be too wild for me.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Regardless of which route I choose and which girl I favored, I still would have tried to be Hanako's friend. She was obviously in need of one.

I also would have told Shizune to stop treating cheering up Misha like it was a game. I would have tried to get her to just come right out and tell Misha that she was important to her and no matter what happened, she still wanted to be Misha's friend.

Also, Misha was cool. I liked her better than Shizune. It would have been nice to hang out with her some more.

With Emi, frankly, Hisao handled his health better than I would have. He was healthier on that route than any other and if it were me, I probably wouldn't have tried quite so hard to keep running after my body obviously doesn't want to.
Not Dead Yet