One final run, before uninstalling.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TamagoTwo

Re: One final run, before uninstalling.

Post by TamagoTwo »

I don't see any point in uninstalling, even though I am low on disk space, but that's because my "Downloads" folder goes all the way back to 2010, need to sort that shit.

If it gives you some kind of closure though, go for it. Don't think it'd do anything for me at this point.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
toxicmaniac

Post by toxicmaniac »

Uninstalling....
uninstalling......
uninstalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS....I DON'T EVEN.
Emi's route 7.5/10
Shizune's route: 8/10
Rin's route: 10/10
Hanako's route: 9.5/10
Lilly's route: Not finished
Picard

Post by Picard »

newnar wrote:I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop and me knowing that the game still works fine, whenever I consciously or subconsciously hover my cursor over the icon, I feel something jump inside of me. It's like I want to open the shortcut so bad, but I don't want to do it as bad as I want to I don't even know if this makes any sense but it's like when you see the cursor on the KS icon you instantly teleport back to those time you opened it so eagerly and ended up looking like a zombie and feeling like a POW after it closed so I really am not sure of what to call this kind of reminiscing but it's like a blend of flashback and fear and longing and love and confusion and......
I understand what you're saying. It's like, "I rrreally want to play KS, but I also know that if I do I'll just get depressed after closing it again." I'm the same way.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Picard wrote:
newnar wrote:I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop and me knowing that the game still works fine, whenever I consciously or subconsciously hover my cursor over the icon, I feel something jump inside of me. It's like I want to open the shortcut so bad, but I don't want to do it as bad as I want to I don't even know if this makes any sense but it's like when you see the cursor on the KS icon you instantly teleport back to those time you opened it so eagerly and ended up looking like a zombie and feeling like a POW after it closed so I really am not sure of what to call this kind of reminiscing but it's like a blend of flashback and fear and longing and love and confusion and......
I understand what you're saying. It's like, "I rrreally want to play KS, but I also know that if I do I'll just get depressed after closing it again." I'm the same way.
Yea but a part if u wants to get depressed from it.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

In case anyone's wondering, I still haven't been able to gather the courage to do it. No final run yet either.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

newnar wrote:
Picard wrote:
Yea but a part if u wants to get depressed from it.
Whoa count me in, i get the same feelings everytime.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Looks like You've been Hanakoed/Lillied/Rinned/Shizuned/Emied*.
:(
*delete as appropriate
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ascended Flutist

Post by Ascended Flutist »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:In case anyone's wondering, I still haven't been able to gather the courage to do it. No final run yet either.
Y'know, I wanted to replay Hanako's route really bad too, and I felt I had to make it special. So I took three days out of my schedule. the first two were days where I wouldn't get in touch with anything related to Katawa Shoujo, while still being enjoyable and letting my mind rest, So that I could "rediscover it". At the end of the second day, I thoroughly cleaned up my room, changed the sheets of my bed, aerated the whole place for several hours, and took a long, nice bath. The third day, I played the route from start to finish, with the mandatory bathroom pause, all afternoon, from 1 to 10 p.m.

It was really nice.

tl;dr : If you want to do it, make it special. You'll have fonder memories if you do so.

PS: God now I feel awkward.
And to live in Peace A post Hanako Good End fanfiction. That about sums it up.

Fanfics Thou shalt not regret reading : Bloodline, Doomish's Misha Pseudo-route, Rika's Story, A Pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route.
There are many other apocryphas worth reading in the fanfiction section. Do yourself a favor, dig them up and read them. Reading is good.

Nice hat.