Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Brogurt

Re: Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story)

Post by Brogurt »

Lilly wrote:I’ll be looking
Lilly wrote:I’ll see you
Haw.
advicefrog

Post by advicefrog »

Mahorfeus wrote:And curse you for getting Sho stuck in my mental canon. I've said before that I usually dislike original characters, but he's just awesome beyond words. Not being a killer robot is a plus I suppose.

YEP, I LIKED SHO, AND HANAFANAFICS WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM.

ITS WEIRD WHAT A GOOD STORY CAN DO TO YOU
I don't have a favorite girl, they're all great.
Rika===Saki===Shizune=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Emi
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

advicefrog wrote:YEP, I LIKED SHO, AND HANAFANAFICS WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM.

ITS WEIRD WHAT A GOOD STORY CAN DO TO YOU
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
advicefrog

Post by advicefrog »

IM SORRY SOMETIMES IM STUPID WITHOUT REALIZING IT

"THE PROBLEM WITH STUPID PEOPLE IS THAT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW STUPID THEY ARE"- JOHN CLEASE ON ADVICEFROG

EDIT: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID BUT I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

What an epic read. Loved it.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Figured I'd re-post this since I think it was missed the first time (edited it into my post before the final update):

So the final part is finished. I'll be posting it in a little bit. Before I do, I wanted to take a moment to thank people. First and foremost I wanted to thank WetCrate. Closure was a HUGE inspiration for this story, and there's a good chance it might not exist if I hadn't read it. I'd also like to thank themocaw, whose work (not just At the Train Station, but just about everything else) has been the benchmark that I generally use to judge my own work. I can also say the same for Doomish (Little Faith, etc...) and scott1and (New Experiences).

I'd also like to thank scott1and, themocaw, gecko (The Lamb and The Fox), Mirage_GSM, CNB, txalolrn9 and Specter Von Baren for the feedback. Even if I didn't always make use of it. :wink:

Of course I also want to thank everyone else who's been enjoying the story, whether they leave a comment or not.

Finally, I'd like to thank my wife (not rubbing in my own personal Hanako, no sir) for putting up with me constantly asking her to "take a look" at virtually every little entry and change I've made. Now I just have to get her to play through KS on Hanako's path so that she can truly feel the feels.

Now that it's over, I'm probably going to avoid more KS fanfics for a bit. Not that I'm burned out or anything, I just have an idea for a novel that I've been itching to write. I've had the first chapter done for over a year and have a great many plot-points and characters sketched out, I just have to really sit down and make it happen. For a while I told myself I wasn't because I couldn't "find the time." But I found the time to write Reconciliation and Bad Dreams, so there's no reason why I can't write something else.

I'll still be hanging around here, reading all the awesome stuff other people write and making a comment every now and then, but I probably won't be producing anything KS-related for a while. But again, thank you. All of you. This has been quite the ride. :)
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
CNB

Post by CNB »

Brogurt wrote:
Lilly wrote:I’ll be looking
Lilly wrote:I’ll see you
Haw.
How can she use figures of speech if she's blind?

That was a nice story. I liked that it didn't treat the game's bad ending as the end of the world for the characters involved, and that it kept the angst fairly restrained. It was enjoyable to see your take on the characters; it's obvious they made an impression on you, and I liked that you were willing to run them through the wringer -- without being too melodramatic about it -- so that they'd have the opportunity to show what they were really made of. Thanks for a nice little read.
gecko

Post by gecko »

That was a nice way of bringing closure to the story.

But now, I want an epilogue. Why is Sho so close to Hanako? Will he be the boyfriend? How will Lily rebound? If you love those characters, you don't want to leave it to my imagination.
(what if I get polluted by another fanfic and decide Hanako & Lily are bi?)
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
advicefrog

Post by advicefrog »

THE CITIZENS DEMAND AN EPILOUGE
Specter Von Baren

Re: Departure

Post by Specter Von Baren »

Robnonymous wrote:
  • Pt 1 - Reconciliation
    Sho steps forward to shake Akira’s hand. He’s about halfway through “It was a pleasure to meet you,” before she yanks him forward and hugs him, throwing in a hearty pat on the back for good measure. Once she lets him go he takes a step back and readjusts his glasses, “… to meet you,” he finishes with a smile.

I think you must have meant to have it so Sho said, "It was a pleasure-" if the intent was for him to be cut off.
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

Robnonymous wrote:Figured I'd re-post this since I think it was missed the first time (edited it into my post before the final update):

So the final part is finished. I'll be posting it in a little bit. Before I do, I wanted to take a moment to thank people. First and foremost I wanted to thank WetCrate. Closure was a HUGE inspiration for this story, and there's a good chance it might not exist if I hadn't read it. I'd also like to thank themocaw, whose work (not just At the Train Station, but just about everything else) has been the benchmark that I generally use to judge my own work. I can also say the same for Doomish (Little Faith, etc...) and scott1and (New Experiences).

I'd also like to thank scott1and, themocaw, gecko (The Lamb and The Fox), Mirage_GSM, CNB, txalolrn9 and Specter Von Baren for the feedback. Even if I didn't always make use of it. :wink:

Of course I also want to thank everyone else who's been enjoying the story, whether they leave a comment or not.

Finally, I'd like to thank my wife (not rubbing in my own personal Hanako, no sir) for putting up with me constantly asking her to "take a look" at virtually every little entry and change I've made. Now I just have to get her to play through KS on Hanako's path so that she can truly feel the feels.

Now that it's over, I'm probably going to avoid more KS fanfics for a bit. Not that I'm burned out or anything, I just have an idea for a novel that I've been itching to write. I've had the first chapter done for over a year and have a great many plot-points and characters sketched out, I just have to really sit down and make it happen. For a while I told myself I wasn't because I couldn't "find the time." But I found the time to write Reconciliation and Bad Dreams, so there's no reason why I can't write something else.

I'll still be hanging around here, reading all the awesome stuff other people write and making a comment every now and then, but I probably won't be producing anything KS-related for a while. But again, thank you. All of you. This has been quite the ride. :)
And when you finally decide to write another Katawa Shoujo fic again, you can round it off with a story about after Hanako's Neutral End.
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

Huh.
A good read for sure, but it feels like ending prematurely, now.
I'd expect at least one more chapter I guess, if you wouldn't say it's done and over with.
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

Baaaaawwwwwwww it's ovvvver.
CNB

Post by CNB »

Demoneq wrote:A good read for sure, but it feels like ending prematurely, now.
I'd expect at least one more chapter I guess, if you wouldn't say it's done and over with.
The adventure of life continues.

Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

Who's that girl in the picture?
(I'm not much into anime etc, so most of them goes sort of over my head)