Relationship Poll

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you in or have ever been in a relationship?

I am in a relationship now (including marriage)
22%
I have been in a relationship in the past
37%
I have never been in a relationship
41%

Total votes: 497

Thrasher Thetic

Re: Relationship Poll

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Valtameri wrote:Well give me few pounds of it then, but what about them hookers? We want real romance, not payed one! Or wait, is it always paid one... hmm. Now i'm confused.
You ALWAYS pay for it, one way or the other, seriously. Thought, money, effort, time. Hookers aside, nobody wants a relationship with someone who isn't willing to sacrifice at least a little bit. 'Free Love' don't exist.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:
Valtameri wrote:Well give me few pounds of it then, but what about them hookers? We want real romance, not payed one! Or wait, is it always paid one... hmm. Now i'm confused.
You ALWAYS pay for it, one way or the other, seriously. Thought, money, effort, time. Hookers aside, nobody wants a relationship with someone who isn't willing to sacrifice at least a little bit. 'Free Love' don't exist.
True, true. I was just being sarcastic... kinda :lol:
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Al

Post by Al »

I don't know If I will ever meet a woman sentient enough to share my life with. It's not impossible, but quite unlikely.

I never had an attractive face. It was never "ugly", just painfully average. I went though the phases most guys in my position do. I never got much female attention, so I became funny, the comedian of any given group. I learned how to play the piano. I was really talented at weightlifting, and got built within a year. I've always been nice.

However, I have values that makes it hard for me to treat a woman like an ancient beautiful vase, like all other guys do. I will treat a woman like she treats me, which is far from what they want. They THINK they want it, and that's just because they have no idea what It's like to be treated like a man.

If you asked me about 6 years ago I would probably admit that I was working out partially to impress females. Since then I've learned that women will never love you for your qualities, or for something you worked hard for, or intelligence (which only seems to work against you when chasing women). They want a guy with a pretty face, nice clothes to show off in public, and a thick wallet to cover her expenses.

They are the scum of the earth, and they pretend like men are pigs. christ.

I mad? Yes, sherlock.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Kenjin would have given you the manliest brofist in the world.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

No relationships. No dates. No girlfriends. Just a void I suppose. Oh, I'm 27 for what it's worth.
"Escape if you will, but these corridors will haunt you forever." -Doom 64
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

Very interesting so far. I see "never been in a relationship" is starting to take the lead by a margin. Though based on the number of teenagers in this thread claiming forever alone I'm not terribly worried. COMMON GUYS, YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST WAIT TILL YOU'RE IN YOUR 20'S TO CLAIM THAT. :lol:
newnar

Post by newnar »

Draetheus wrote:Very interesting so far. I see "never been in a relationship" is starting to take the lead by a margin. Though based on the number of teenagers in this thread claiming forever alone I'm not terribly worried. COMMON GUYS, YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST WAIT TILL YOU'RE IN YOUR 20'S TO CLAIM THAT. :lol:
Looks like I just hit the mark
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Draetheus wrote:Very interesting so far. I see "never been in a relationship" is starting to take the lead by a margin. Though based on the number of teenagers in this thread claiming forever alone I'm not terribly worried. COMMON GUYS, YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST WAIT TILL YOU'RE IN YOUR 20'S TO CLAIM THAT. :lol:
I have no doubts I'll be able to achieve this on my 20th birthday this year. :P
Malkav

Post by Malkav »

Al wrote:I don't know If I will ever meet a woman sentient enough to share my life with. It's not impossible, but quite unlikely.

I never had an attractive face. It was never "ugly", just painfully average. I went though the phases most guys in my position do. I never got much female attention, so I became funny, the comedian of any given group. I learned how to play the piano. I was really talented at weightlifting, and got built within a year. I've always been nice.

However, I have values that makes it hard for me to treat a woman like an ancient beautiful vase, like all other guys do. I will treat a woman like she treats me, which is far from what they want. They THINK they want it, and that's just because they have no idea what It's like to be treated like a man.

If you asked me about 6 years ago I would probably admit that I was working out partially to impress females. Since then I've learned that women will never love you for your qualities, or for something you worked hard for, or intelligence (which only seems to work against you when chasing women). They want a guy with a pretty face, nice clothes to show off in public, and a thick wallet to cover her expenses.

They are the scum of the earth, and they pretend like men are pigs. christ.

I mad? Yes, sherlock.
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

StepmaniaFreak wrote:
I have no doubts I'll be able to achieve this on my 20th birthday this year. :P
Even then being 20 and having never been in a relationship isn't too bad. I wouldn't consider it "out of the ordinary" unless you hit 30 and have actively trying to meet girls the entire time.
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

I wonder how many of you "never been in a relationship"ers have been actively trying: making sure you look nice, getting out and socializing in public hangouts, making profiles on every dating site imaginable, messaging and asking girls out even if it means getting rejected, etc. Girls (usually) won't just fall into your lap.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

32, in a relationship (but we haven't married) for ten years.

In my high school days, I had a number of girls interested in me. Stupid me, I always had my eyes on what I wanted as opposed to what I could get. Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to have standards, but another to have ridiculous ones. I missed out on at least two good relationships because I thought I could do better. As a result, I went GF-less throughout high school, though I had a best friend who was female and everyone just assumed we were an item (which didn't do either of us any favours)

In my university days, I had three relationships and innumerable one night/casual things. One relationship never really lasted, one lasted two weeks of constant attention followed by a sudden precipitous drop-off, one is the one mentioned at the top that's been going for a decade. The 'others' included a girl I went out with a few times and literally couldn't keep each others hands off each other in public until she suddenly hit a bad time in her life and had to end it, and a girl I was housemates with who I became f*** buddies with for half a year (which is both awesome and hollow in equal measures). If you're not averse to going out to nightclubs, having a bit too much to drink and playing tonsil hockey with some random attractive person, I highly recommend you do so. There are innumerable lessons to be learned against the wall of the dancefloor. :twisted:

My only serious advice is to not just look for relationships, but to look for people who want one with you. You'll have more than a few false positives (I won't bore you with those) but it's the ones that aren't obvious and/or were too shy to respond when you picked up on your signs that you need to consider, and especially those that are actively, openly, flagrantly showing an interest in you. Remove your dreamgirls from your mind for a second and ask yourself of these 'other' girls (or boys): what's really so wrong with them? Give them a few dates, you might be surprised. If things don't work out, HEY, THAT'S HOW DATES ARE MEANT TO WORK. You're not guaranteed to meet your future spouse on each date, but you do learn both about dating and those you're interested in pursuing next time.
New Age Retro Hippie

Post by New Age Retro Hippie »

Been in a few relationships, but I'm not exactly thrilled with the people I was in relationships with (though the latest was more or less fine, and we're still pretty good friends; we just didn't really hit it off romantically :v).
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

Been in a few relationships, now i'm single.
Bigbishounen wrote: An often overlooked place to find a wonderful woman is your local church or synagogue. Evangelical Christian "Mega-churches" are some of the best places of all. Of course, you really should be either interested in or already a member of that faith if you are date-hunting there.
If i go to a church here, i will only find retired women and widows :lol:
Blackknight1239

Post by Blackknight1239 »

Spent some time in a relationship during high school. Looking back on her, the relationship wasn't built on much other than physical attraction on my part. She was boring, quiet, and we really didn't share any hobbies or interests. Decided that I should be more intelligent about people I should look to being intimate with, and to take things much slower. So, since then, I've attempt to court a few girls, not really having any successes, but not having any complete failures. I figure I just have to continue being picky to find a girl who I believe that I could spend a lot of time with, and stay clear of those who I only find attractive.

21, btw.