-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

M4RTYER

Re: Cutter [Lilly/Hanako Spoilers]

Post by M4RTYER »

I have been hit... right in the feels.
This is excellently written, I must say. I didn't expect anything from what happened at first, I thought for sure that it would be done with too much haste and have Hanako make a miraculous recovery right away or something along those lines. However, you have captured this very well I think. As someone who has also battled depression I can say that the way she is expressing herself is terrifyingly familiar. Although I never resorted to self-harm I did come close, just before snapping out of it, no real reason why I came back I just did. It often happens like that I think; people just stop it, if only temporarily. For so many complex elements to be captured so masterfully, truly you have created something both great and terrible.

That said, I can't wait for the next part. I want to see Hanako at least get over her problem to the point of being able to move away from her mutilations and self-loathing, (permanently). Keep up the good work! :D
Patience Produces Profound Products

Lilly>Shizune>Hanako>Emi>Rin
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Whoa. Damn. And damn you for that last chapter title.

Well done, yet again. A question, though: are the other Lilly chapters still planned? From the notes at the end of this one, it sounds like they might not be.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

That was the excellent end to story that I was looking forward to. Thank you.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

this is the most EFFed up Hanako fanfic I've read so far

wtf man?

and how does she go nearly 2 weeks without the swat team breaking down her dorm room door? this is yamaku, remember (Hisao mentions one time what a beautiful morning it was and how he'd love to play hookie, but being at yamaku means missing a class or two would make everyone freak out searching for him)
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

This was pretty well written in some parts, but I didn't like it. This was basically just Hanako with Misha's dark side...oh, and she cuts herself. I do agree that Hisao and Lilly were completely inconsiderate of Hanako in Lilly's storyline and that it was pure luck that she found other friends, but it could've been done way better than this. I personally would've ended this with Mishanako instead of just "I guess I'll just get over it". I know it's based on personal experience, but that's still a cop-out, especially when a lot of people can't just decide to get over it (getting help is different).
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

I read the whole thing like I said I would, and that was certainly an experience. Hell, you had me realise stuff I'd done wrongly in the past. That wasn't exactly an enjoyable story, but I did feel I needed to finish it. Turns out I'm not as squeamish as I was a couple months ago

Here, enjoy your bump.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.