KS pets?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Robotnik

KS pets?

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

So, I was thinking; what if the girls had pets?

Hanako would obviously have a bunny, a companion that is gentle and small that she can relate to. Plus, imagine how adorable it would be to see Hanako cuddling with a fluffy little bunny rabbit.

Lilly would have a kitten. It would fit her motherly nature, and cats are generally regarded as upper-class pets.

Misha would have a puppy, a companion that, much like her, has large bursts of energy and tires out easily (plus it'll help with her depression). Misha really is just like a puppy, if you think about it.

Shizune would have a fluffy white cat, like the global dictator she aspires to become.

Emi would have a greyhound that can be her running partner.

Rin would have a lizard of some sort. They both have the same blank stare, and I can't help but think that they'd just be staring at each other all day. It's perfect.

Thoughts?
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
txalolrn9

Re: KS pets?

Post by txalolrn9 »

Kenji would have an ocelot

because he's ALPHA AS FUCK
It only hurts when I breathe
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Emi would look pretty awkward next to a tall greyhound, plus I don't think she would get something like a dog that you get attached to. Maybe a fish.
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

geekahedron wrote:Emi would look pretty awkward next to a tall greyhound, plus I don't think she would get something like a dog that you get attached to. Maybe a fish.
If Emi were to go for anything, I'd guess it would be a parrot. They're really long-lived -some species can go for 60 years or more- and it fits with her pirate thing. Greyhounds don't make good running partners anyway: they're too fast.

IIRC, the devs once talked about giving Lilly a guide dog, but apparently it wound up not working well for the story. I could see her going for something big and galumphy, maybe an Old English sheepdog or something.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
danyo

Post by danyo »

I think I'd see shizune with a well trained german shephard or something like that.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

All cats. Except Kenji, who has a rottweiler or pit bull or something, that crazy bastard.

Actually the only pit bull I know is one of the friendliest dogs I know; he just doesn't know how to approriately play (bites a lot).

Though a lot of the ones you guys suggested totally make sense.

Also this:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Rin would have a lizard of some sort. They both have the same blank stare, and I can't help but think that they'd just be staring at each other all day. It's perfect.
Could not stop laughing.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I can imagine Hanako with a large and well planted aquarium.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

txalolrn9 wrote:Kenji would have an ocelot
guest2 wrote:Except Kenji, who has a rottweiler or pit bull or something, that crazy bastard.
Those are for pussies (Jigoro maybe).

Kenji would have a hiena!
http://i.mediatakeout.com/photo/1195745 ... tribe2.jpg
Nekken wrote:Greyhounds don't make good running partners anyway: they're too fast.
She needs a Corgie then. Corgies are awesome!
http://gifs.gifbin.com/102010/1286798145_corgi-flop.gif

Also, Lilly could use a German Shepherd, or Golden Retriever, as a guide dog, they can be quite helpfull.

I find rabbits dumb, and uninteresting, even guinea pigs are better. And I'm myself a rat person, so I think Hanako could have one. Sadly rats' lifespan is short, about three years, so I would consider it thoroughly before giving her a pair as a present (rat's shouldn't be bred single).

And imagine Shizune having a parrot. You know what would she cry all the time. WAHAHAHAHA! And Shicchan would just look around startled by people covering their ears.

Rin would have an anteater:
http://artsyspot.com/img/fun/strange-pe ... king01.jpg

Misha is almost a pet herself. She could have some fleas.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

NoOne3 wrote: Also, Lilly could use a German Shepherd, or Golden Retriever, as a guide dog, they can be quite helpfull.
Niji is her guide dog, but he was written out:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/list/niji/1
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Which ocelot? The cat one, or the one that spins his revolver like sick-ass fuck?

It is the one that spins his revolver, isn't it? I knew it. ALPHA AS FUCK INDEED
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I think a cat is very suiting for Hanako. Very shy and timid if you approach them too fast, but kind and gentle if you gain their trust.

Shizune would have a Snake, since she's slimy and cunning.

Misha would have ferret, because they're adorable and fluffy.

Rin would have an Iguana, because she'd have no use for a soft animal, since she can't pet it. I'm sure she'd get enjoyment from just staring at the lizard for hours on end.

Emi likes running and is full of energy, so a border collie would be a natural fit.

Lilly would have a seeing eye dog to help her get around :wink:
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

OP is right on all counts, pretty much nails the pets that I think the characters would choose :)

Alternatively, however, I feel like Rin might have a talking parrot. She would enjoy having conversations with it, I think.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
NoOne3 wrote: Also, Lilly could use a German Shepherd, or Golden Retriever, as a guide dog, they can be quite helpfull.
Niji is her guide dog, but he was written out:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/list/niji/1
Yeah, I guess he's big and galumphy enough.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Rin owning a lizard is just perfect. I can imagine the hours they spend staring at one another.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

NoOne3 wrote:
guest2 wrote:Except Kenji, who has a rottweiler or pit bull or something, that crazy bastard.
Those are for pussies (Jigoro maybe).

Kenji would have a hiena!
http://i.mediatakeout.com/photo/1195745 ... tribe2.jpg

Yeah, Kenji would get a pet whose species are matriarchal (female ruled) - sounds reasonable

On second thought, I could totally picture him training a male hyena from birth and try to teach it to overthrow their female dominated hierarchy for the hyena species
It only hurts when I breathe