Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

GiovanniTosi

Re: Lilly Cosplay at Katsucon 18

Post by GiovanniTosi »

Nekken wrote:
GiovanniTosi wrote:It's nice there is a Katawa Shoujo cosplay, but let's be serious... this one sucks. Just the hair colour and the clothes matches. Come on, Lily without the blue eyes and the cane? It's like a Harry Potter without a scar.
In Maryland, where Katsucon is held, the white cane is a protected symbol: it's illegal to carry one unless you are actually blind. I believe this is also true in Virginia and DC, where Katsucon has been held in the past. I can't fault cosplayers for not breaking the law.
Wow, didn't know it. But I guess she could improvise something...
Murex

Post by Murex »

Not great, but not painfully awful either. It's nice to know someone's doing KS cosplay.

Wonder what the Hanako looked like. It would be interesting to see how they did her scars.
Podima

Hanako cosplayers at Katsucon 18!

Post by Podima »

I was at Katsu, and got some pictures of two Hanako cosplayers - one in school uniform, and one in casual.

(Yes, the first one has her scars on the wrong side. She was told that repeatedly, apparently!)

Enjoy!
GIRakaCHEEZER

Re: Hanako cosplayers at Katsucon 18!

Post by GIRakaCHEEZER »

Podima wrote:I was at Katsu, and got some pictures of two Hanako cosplayers - one in school uniform, and one in casual.

(Yes, the first one has her scars on the wrong side. She was told that repeatedly, apparently!)

Enjoy!
If you flip the images it stops being a problem. But I don't know how you'd mess that up (unless you did it in front of a mirror).

Anyways pretty cool.
Music for a game that I am sort of working on:
Moustache Riders - Ignition
This seems to be sort of common in sigs here so...
Rin = Kenji > Hanako > Emi > Lilly > Shizune
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I can't fault anyone for not wanting to put in coloured contacts either. A) those things are expensive, B) not everyone can wear them comfortably and C) most people wouldn't notice anyway.
And do you know how hard it is to change the styling of a wig? Tying a ribbon into one is next to impossible for one that doesn't cost a fortune.
Honestly, why must everyone bash every little detail about cosplay that isn't perfect? If only perfect cosplays were allowed, we'd see far less than 10% of the cosplays we actually do at cons.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Very nice.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
deadering

Post by deadering »

I actually liked her cosplay a lot, that is why I decided to post it. She did actually have a ribbon in her hair, you just can not see it in the picture. The wig it's self is actually quite close to Lilly's hair; that is actually how I recognized her.
I actually asked about the cane and she said she could not afford one, as they are quite expensive, and I just assumed she could not wear/afford the contacts.
I'm glad at least some one liked her XD Her cosplay definitely did not "suck".
GiovanniTosi

Post by GiovanniTosi »

The first Hanako is better, even with the scrar on the wrong side.
Shotgun_Ninja

Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Post by Shotgun_Ninja »

So hey, there've been a few individual KS cosplay threads on here already, but I think we should have a thread for just discussing KS cosplayers, especially since they seem to be on the rise.

But regardless, anyone out there interested in doing KS cosplay at an upcoming convention? Got any tips or tricks, or looking for advice on how to get started? Planning on cosplaying at your favorite convention, and hoping for others to join you for a photoshoot or meet-up? Looking for assistance with cosplaying with disabilities in general, for that matter? Well, you've come to the right place.
Shotgun_Ninja

Re: Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Post by Shotgun_Ninja »

P.S.: Myself as Hisao Nakai at Anime Milwaukee 2012:

zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Heeey not to shabby. I actually found some green dress pants at a thrift store and my immediate thought was "Huh, someone from Yamaku," and then thought

"Did I seriously think that?"

In any case, I like it.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

Thinking of doing Kenji at Anime Boston minus green jacket.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
Shotgun_Ninja

Post by Shotgun_Ninja »

zettovyker wrote:Heeey not to shabby. I actually found some green dress pants at a thrift store and my immediate thought was "Huh, someone from Yamaku," and then thought

In any case, I like it.
Honestly, the ones I'm wearing in the picture were olive khakis, and they were kind of a pain to find... Apparently green dress pants are tough to come by. If you're planning on going as a Yamaku male student, then the green uniform jacket and pants are probably the hardest part to locate, as strange as that sounds.

Another picture:
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

Shotgun_Ninja wrote:
zettovyker wrote:Heeey not to shabby. I actually found some green dress pants at a thrift store and my immediate thought was "Huh, someone from Yamaku," and then thought

In any case, I like it.
Honestly, the ones I'm wearing in the picture were olive khakis, and they were kind of a pain to find... Apparently green dress pants are tough to come by. If you're planning on going as a Yamaku male student, then the green uniform jacket and pants are probably the hardest part to locate, as strange as that sounds.
I'd believe it... though at the same time, might be good to look at military surplus stores. US Army is transitioning from green service uniform to a blue service uniform so there might be a good chance of picking up some green dress pants there.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Any girl that can take the Shizune outfit and really work shall make my list as a potential futute ex-wife.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic