Relationship Poll

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you in or have ever been in a relationship?

I am in a relationship now (including marriage)
22%
I have been in a relationship in the past
37%
I have never been in a relationship
41%

Total votes: 497

Hitman3256

Re: Relationship Poll

Post by Hitman3256 »

Almost 17 here.

Been in about.....4 relationships over the past....4 years? Yeah that works, 3 were like 2-3 months long (teen relationships, you know). Then there was one girl who I went out with for 10 months, we were hooked on each other. We both had a healthy adolescent sex drive, but she was ashamed of it for some reason. Havent talked to her in a year, im over her at least. My future's looking forever alone also, and I've come to terms with that so....whatever.

The poll results were....I dunno, not sure what I was expecting really :P but its good to know that its pretty even throughout for the most part! I like the diversity here, much unlike the lack of diversity in the age group poll from a while back lolz but thats cool too
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

almost 17

forever alone

Does not compute, you'll be fine kid.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:almost 17

forever alone

But im a liberal pessimistic realist (if that makes sense). I don't see much going for me ahead.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

'Realist' is what pessimists call themselves to feel better. Just go hang out with people you like and do things you enjoy, eventually something will click. If I can do it, anyone can. I am not special.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

gRaViJa wrote:
Titus wrote:Pretty even.

To everyone that has never been in a relationship: No it is nothing like Katawa Shoujo. The girls are as shallow and boring as we are :mrgreen:
Not all of them, but most are. The one that isn't shallow will probably be the one you'll want to marry someday :D
I have to agree, there are a lot of girls out there who aren't shallow or boring. You have to search pretty hard between all the fluff though.
Last edited by Draetheus on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

Wow, I'm amazed at how balanced out the results are. And I think the results are enough to lay at least part of the stereotype to rest. Now step 2: the 66% of us give the remaining 33% tips. :P
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

15, never dated before (I swear, I'll start someday)
*rolleyes*
:)
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

HarvestmanMan wrote:Currently 17. Never been in a relationship of any sort.

Part of me likes being independent, and part of me says it'd be so nice to have a girlfriend. Time will tell, I suppose.
Ditto, only I'm 19.
Zurc97

Post by Zurc97 »

i can say I'm the same for never having a girlfriend. Due to my own personal weaknesses I've never gone that far to even ask a girl out, funny thing is I am more comfortable around women then men but problem is I'm either friend-zoned or compared to an older brother. So I guess I blame myself for never taking an opportunity but I am changing to be a better person, I'm 19 so maybe I still have some time.
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

I really don't know what to pick. Back in October a 5 year relationship ended. (I've been in a few relatioships before this, but this was the first to last more than a year.) However, we're...kind of back together. But it's kind of not official. No one knows about it, and we still rarely see eachother. So I don't really know what to call it.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Hitman3256 wrote: Thanks :D appreciate it.
It is true, though. You have got plenty of time yet, lots of opportunities, and had, in many ways, a damn good start.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
FlyingPiranha

Post by FlyingPiranha »

I'm a recovering forever alone sufferer. Even after two and a half years, sometimes I still find it hard to believe that another human being loves me, because I spent so long utterly convincing myself that no one would ever want anything to do with me, and that I was doomed to simply be forever alone. I think the most ironic part of the whole deal was that after I'd managed to do that, and had all but given up on my dating prospects, she kind of just fell into my lap, we became friends, and then we became more than that. Life works out strangely, sometimes.
Obligatory "Order in Which I Beat the Routes" Signature:
Emi - Rin - Shizune - Lilly - Hanako

Currently struggling my way through writing my first fan fiction (or any fiction for that matter) in years.
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

HarvestmanMan wrote:Currently 17. Never been in a relationship of any sort.

Part of me likes being independent, and part of me says it'd be so nice to have a girlfriend. Time will tell, I suppose.
Basically this, though I'm not really sure how much I actually want to have a girlfriend since there aren't any girls I really like and I'm not sure if I'm ready.
Hitman3256 wrote:
Thrasher Thetic wrote:almost 17

forever alone

But im a liberal pessimistic realist (if that makes sense). I don't see much going for me ahead.
You basically just described what I consider to be a cynic. You've been in relationships before and you're not yet 17. If anything I'd say you have a better chance of not being foreveralone than most people who consider themselves to be foreveralone.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Relationships?!?!
Been there done that.. Gotten burned pretty badly.(More times and I'd like to admit)

Now, I'm just a Cantankerous (Near) Middle Aged Man, with Trust issues.
For Queen and Country
Ascended Flutist

Post by Ascended Flutist »

20 year old, untouched my women. Although to be fair, I haven't tried hard. It's mostly due to the fact that my high school had a majorly male population, something along the lines of 70-30. That and the fact that I'm rather introverted doesn't help. I'm also picky.You could say I'm a choosy beggar :mrgreen: .

That said, I get along pretty well with the girls in my class, as a friend. Sad thing is, I'm funny. So everything I do tend to be interpreted as "not serious". As a result, I rarely act seriously with my classmates, or in parties. So I have no clue as to how I should proceed to tell a girl I could be interested. So I wing it. It never ends well :lol: .
Bah, I'm sure one day it'll happen. "You just have to keep trying" is what I tell myself.
And to live in Peace A post Hanako Good End fanfiction. That about sums it up.

Fanfics Thou shalt not regret reading : Bloodline, Doomish's Misha Pseudo-route, Rika's Story, A Pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route.
There are many other apocryphas worth reading in the fanfiction section. Do yourself a favor, dig them up and read them. Reading is good.

Nice hat.