Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Katawa Shoujo Route Choices Flowchart w/ Scenes

Post by Althamus »

Q re: Hanako's route. If you choose not to go with her to town, as far as I know the final choice makes no bearing, ie. whichever way you go (agree with Lilly or not) you have a couple of lines difference, but reach the same ending point.
(get thrown out).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

Althamus wrote:Q re: Hanako's route. If you choose not to go with her to town, as far as I know the final choice makes no bearing, ie. whichever way you go (agree with Lilly or not) you have a couple of lines difference, but reach the same ending point.
(get thrown out).
That's why both choices take you to Misstep if the condition of Hisao simply calling it day is met (The violet diamond on the chart). Otherwise Your choice takes you to Cut Petals or Continuing Melody respectively.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

oic, I misunderstood it. Yuh, that seems fine then, although not sure if it'd be clearer if "Let's call it a day" just branched into an alternate path, ending in the bad ending rather than went back in and then branched again.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

The scenes are exactly the same up to that point though. One of my goals with these charts is to not have duplicate scenes (Which is why Act 1 is getting redone later). I have been thinking about marking all the dialog changes in future versions of the charts. But then that makes me think about Rin's route and I curl up into a fetal position.
krabstarr

Post by krabstarr »

I really like your charts, especially the Act 1 chart. It's one of the easiest to follow out of the ones I've seen so far. I did have a question about one part of that chart, though. In the Hanako/Lilly/Rin section in the lower left, there doesn't seem to be any indication on how one would get to An Aesthetics from Support. Is it "Hanako & Lilly have less than 2 points"?
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

krabstarr wrote:I really like your charts, especially the Act 1 chart. It's one of the easiest to follow out of the ones I've seen so far. I did have a question about one part of that chart, though. In the Hanako/Lilly/Rin section in the lower left, there doesn't seem to be any indication on how one would get to An Aesthetics from Support. Is it "Hanako & Lilly have less than 2 points"?
That's right. Going by the conventions elsewhere in the diagram, it seems there should be a pink diamond reading "Hanako and Lilly have 2 points" between "Support" and "Sip (Part 2)."

"An Aesthetics" is on the paths for Rin and Emi (the latter being on the far right of the chart).
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Great job, looking forward to continued updates to make it look better and better xD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

krabstarr wrote:I really like your charts, especially the Act 1 chart. It's one of the easiest to follow out of the ones I've seen so far. I did have a question about one part of that chart, though. In the Hanako/Lilly/Rin section in the lower left, there doesn't seem to be any indication on how one would get to An Aesthetics from Support. Is it "Hanako & Lilly have less than 2 points"?
Thanks, and yes, I realized that some time ago and it's on the list of things to fix.
geekahedron wrote:"An Aesthetics" is on the paths for Rin and Emi (the latter being on the far right of the chart).
...and this is why I want to keep each scene to one cell regardless of how many paths use it. I also really like your charts, Geek. Very unique approach.

I'm glad a lot of you guys like my efforts. It isn't often a game compels me to do something like this, I'm glad I could chip in.

Post by Guest »

For what it's worth, AeronPeryton, I would appreciate that dialog changes chart you mentioned greatly. Thanks for the work so far!
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Marvelous. These should be exceedingly useful after I finish Rin and Emi's routes and have my inner completionist force me to get 100% across the board.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

Ladies and Gentlemen, she's the fastest thing on no legs...

Emi's route: http://i.minus.com/ipOUoX6xbo4Fm.jpg

You'll notice this chart looks different and here's why. Romantic encounters have been color-changed to pink, conditions have been color-changed to purple and tan triangles represent the Passing of Time sequences -Just because I felt like it.

The reason for the color changes is to account for some future additions to the charts. These changes have also been made to the other individual routes and will be seen in the new version of Act 1. Though I'm probably going to switch to a new flowchart program anyway so everything might change yet again. Please don't hurt me. :mrgreen:
Last edited by AeronPeryton on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Just thought I should point out that after "instant Replay" you jump straight to "Whispers of the Past" to get the good ending; you only get "A Swing and a Miss" as part of the "best" ending if you did everything right along the way. Also the absence of a diamond for "Hisao ignores Mutou" at "Guess Who's Coming...Never Mind" implies that you still have a choice to make there but it's irrelevant, when there is no decision to be made at all.

Looks good, though, my interest is piqued to see what other changes you have planned. :)
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

Thanks for pointing out that those two scenes are absent if Instant Replay is accessed. Everything is blurring together at this point.

Part of the reason I didn't use a diamond in Guess Who's Coming... Never Mind is because the choice is made for you. You'll notice the choice bubble is the same color as a diamond and has the subtext Hisao ignored Mutuo. In the Nurse's office, if you didn't speak with Mutuo, no dialog from EITHER of the two possible choices is present in the scene, however at Emi's house the game auto-pilots through the Go after her choice. The other part is that I couldn't make the flowchart not look ugly and busy with the inclusion of the diamond.

I re-installed the condition diamond, I made it look decent enough, and accounted for the absent scenes due to certain conditions. New links posted.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

AeronPeryton wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, she's the fastest thing on no legs...

Emi's route: http://i.minus.com/ipOUoX6xbo4Fm.jpg

You'll notice this chart looks different and here's why. Romantic encounters have been color-changed to pink, conditions have been color-changed to purple and tan triangles represent the Passing of Time sequences -Just because I felt like it.

The reason for the color changes is to account for some future additions to the charts. These changes have also been made to the other individual routes and will be seen in the new version of Act 1. Though I'm probably going to switch to a new flowchart program anyway so everything might change yet again. Please don't hurt me. :mrgreen:
Looks fantastic, keep up the good work. Although I'm pretty sure you misspelt Mutou's name.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |