sdfsd

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

deadering

Re: KS Inspired VN Project Survey

Post by deadering »

Take fan input with caution.
Good luck though, I submitted my opinions.

Also as far as transgendered is concerned I would not personally like it, but I would not be offended if you put it in there. Most Visual Novels are about choices; you are bound to not like them all (usually). I'd see her/it as just a character I don't like, or let's be honest, come to like and question myself XD
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

This has become a discussion of the transgendered character now.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Demonhornz wrote:This has become a discussion of the transgendered character now.
I guess so.

If you guys wanna put in a transgendered go ahead....I think it would be interesting, but its not exactly "my cup of tea" if you know what I mean. Like the others said, you cant please everyone, so just do what you want and people will just have to take it like that.
I took the survey of course, happy to contribute :)
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

As Otakumon said, "Make what you want." I know that having feedback can sometimes be helpful. But you gotta think about what sort of story or game you wanna make, and then commit to it. Ideas are easy. Writing and coding is difficult!

That said, if it might help, some of my replies to the survey included:

> Would you prefer for the Visual Novel to take place in Japan, or somewhere else?
I wrote, "Wherever you want." You can set your story in your hometown, a place you visited once, or somewhere you've always wanted to go. You can use a modern setting, historical setting, or a sci-fi/fantasy universe. It's your decision. (Of course, some settings will require more research than others.)

> What would you prefer for H-Scenes in the Visual Novel?
I chose the answer "I don't want them to be present but I would be okay if they could be turned off." Assuming your story is mostly slice of life, or mostly plot-driven, then it's really difficult to incorporate an on-screen sex scene. Every now and then, you'll find a good example, but most of the time you end up with drastic tone shifts and out-of-character moments. People do not use phrases such as "obligatory sex scene" in a positive sense.

If I misunderstood your intentions, and you intend to create a game/story with a lot of smut, then go ahead and ignore the above advice. Either way, it's your project. Do what's best for it.

> If the Visual Novel was available on Android or iOS, would you play it on your phone?
I chose "Yes, I would use it on iOS." I read the entirety of both Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook and Tears 9, 10 on my iPod Touch. Neither story dragged on with too many slice of life scenes (a complaint I had with Kira Kira). Both had meaningful decisions. And yes, even though it is not possible to release explicit content on iTunes, I really can't complain. You see, I do kinda like worksafe visual novels and games. Especially after reading too many VNs with tedious or tacked-on sex scenes.

> Did you have any other suggestions?
I wrote, "Don't feel compelled to write a harem story." Even though I like harems (and reverse harems), I admit they're a guilty pleasure. There's so much more than can be done with visual novels. There are many kinds of stories you can create which don't fall into the all-too-familiar categories of "school life" and "love triangle." As we fans try to determine what western VNs can/should be, we should try to defy the established expectations.

Good luck as you write. Be sure to ask for help if you need it. People here and on the Lemma Soft forums can almost certainly assist you.