The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Thank you Katawa and Rin!

Post by Guest »

It's only been 4 days and already things are really turning around, both IRL and online.
I just... Thank you devs! Thank you so very much, you wonderful, wonderful people!

Please keep making games. You guys have done something professionals often can't pull off! You have something the industry often lacks.

I'm also... absolutely stunned that this is 4chan related o.o;

How could something so absolutely beautiful come from 4chan?
Tyroki

Post by Tyroki »

Err... sorry. That was me as the guest there.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathReaver10

Best VN I have ever played

Post by DeathReaver10 »

I just want to say a massive thank you to the developers for producing an excellent VN that dealt with issues sensitively and showing that people like me, who are differently abled than most can lead normal, healthy lives and fall in love the same way as anyone else. My favourite route was Rin's due to her amazing eccentricities and unique view of the world. I look forwards to any other projects you may produce!
Eadwacer

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by Eadwacer »

Let me add my thanks. It didn't change my life, but I did get a bit dewy-eyed, here and there. It's by far and away the best VN I've experienced. It's emotionally deep, and nuanced, and I'm glad I found it. Played it through twice. Will give it a rest and then play it through again at least one more time. "Passing of Time" is now my phone alarm tune. I think the Pulitzer's need a new category.
LifeIsWorthLiving

Post by LifeIsWorthLiving »

I know that many of these posts will be buried, but to the 4LS members actually reading them I would like to give you so much thanks. You have given the world something that very few video game companies, novelists or otherwise has done before: give the world a truly brilliant experience, all for free, without money or any personal gain in mind. You, like everyone who has played this game, have my deepest gratitude and respect. Katawa Shoujo is truly a masterpiece, a diamond in the rough, but a gem rarer and heavier than any before it.

These five heroines will leave a notch in my heart that will stay forever. Thank you L4S, you people are the best.

One of our lifetime's epics, this game.
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

4 Leaf Studios, thank you so much. While this might sound absurd, I respect you guys more than almost anyone working in the video game industry right now. You have demonstrated that you clearly developed KS for the fun and artistic reasons, and not for the money. And considering that overall, I'd rather play KS than most retail games getting released on the market, I'd say that alone is incredibly impressive. The way you were able to make so much out of such a ridiculous concept in the first place is absolutely amazing.

Let me tell ya guys, I downloaded Katawa Shoujo on day 1, and not a single day has passed where I didn't have some sort of passing thought during my daily life about this game. To me, that's the sign of an excellent and memorable story. KS isn't perfect, but it's well-made and absolutely unforgettable.
Carolina_anon

Lillys Plotline

Post by Carolina_anon »

Just want to congragulate the 4ls team on lillys plotline. I have been reading this novel after my wife has gone to bed for some time now, and just wanted to say that i actually cried at a few parts at the very end. Right on 4LS! Right on. thanks for your hard work.
Eldrazor

Post by Eldrazor »

Thank you so much for creating this virtual novel. It was the first virtual novel I've ever read, and I have been engrossed in the story and unable to get it out of my mind ever since I started playing the game.
I've now finished 2 story arcs, Lilly's and Hanako's, and both of them have made me recognise some of myself in them. I feel like Lilly's independentness is very much similar to my own, I rarely ask for help with anything and hate being dependant on people, and I do feel like that might be hindering me. With Hanako's storyline I was baffled after I got the neutral ending, sure I had done everything right. But after thinking it through, I realise I've always felt too compelled to help other people and put their needs above mine, and have always wanted to be a white knight, maybe too much.
I've also realised that I'm going to refuse to partially rot away in my room like I am now when I go to university. I can't just throw away my social life at the prime of my life like I am mostly doing right now.

So, for all of that, thank you, four leaf studios.
It's a miracle that this visual novel of pure excellence originates from 4chan.
Rawing

Post by Rawing »

I signed up just to post in this thread. I'm not a talkative person at all, so even if this post isn't very long, it's supposed to show my appreciation. First, a summary of my thoughts:

KS is a very good game. There. You can stop reading now.

The first route I've played was Lilly's. Spoiler alert: When I finished it, I was depressed for days. I couldn't play until four days after that. Even though that was apparently the "good end". Even though the game's not very long, it easily manages to form a bond between the player and the characters. That's what I consider most important for a Visual Novel. Even I, merely a player of the game, experienced Hisao's feelings. When I felt sad, how sad must Hisao have felt? When I was happy, and thought "This girl's awesome.", how happy must Hisao have been? How could he not fall in love with her?
When I reached Lilly's act 3, I felt like I could keep playing this game forever. Forever, without ever thinking it was boring. (I never did think of KS as boring.) But then Akira said a sentence I'll never forget. "Life's not a fairy tale. Some people have to learn that.". I learned that. Not only was the ending insanely sad, but it also reminded me that this game has an end. I didn't want it to end. The fact that this game has an end is the only thing I don't like about it. I mean it. (Even though I know that the end is a very important part of Lilly's route.)

I actually finished Lilly's route just a few days ago. It's the only route I've finished, but that's enough for me to love this game. I don't think I can thank you, 4LS, enough for creating this game, entirely for free, just because you wanted to.
But I'll try.

Thank you, Anonymous22.
Thank you, Aura.
Thank you, cpl_crud.
Thank you, Suriko.
Thank you, TheHivemind.
Thank you, Kagami.
Thank you, Losstarot.
Thank you, Silentcook.
Thank you, Blue123.
Thank you, NicolArmarfi.
Thank you, gebyy-terar.
Thank you, Kamifish.
Thank you, moekki.
Thank you, pimmy.
Thank you, raemz.
Thank you, Raide.
Thank you, climatic.
Thank you, Doomfest.
Thank you, yujovi.
Thank you, Mike Inel.
Thank you, delta.
FlyingToaster

Post by FlyingToaster »

Thank you, 4LS. This game has done more for me than I would like to admit. The routes were very carefully thought out, and the writing style was in such a way that it allowed me to experience 'first-hand' the emotions that were being portrayed by the characters. For example, When I completed Hanako's route, (bad ending), I actually hated myself, which drove me into a little bout of depression.

I also learnt a very important lesson from this, that you are what you set yourself to be, and that you shouldn't let anybody tell you otherwise. I was incredibly moved during the emotional scenes of Emi's route. I found the fact that every character in the game could overcome their disadvantages and live their lives to the fullest extremely inspiring.

I am sorry that I cannot express my feelings and gratitude better, but I wish to give a heartfelt thank-you to everyone who worked on this game. Thank you.
Stan64

Post by Stan64 »

Thank you 4LS!

I had a hard time after clearing my first game, I got Emi with good ending. I'm a bit ashamed to say this, but I cried for hours randomly the next couple of days.

It's just been a few days, but I've already started training to get fit. I'm more productive at work. I set a lot of things straight between me and my girlfriend that was kinda messy and I hope I stay on that path.

I know it's just a game, but it changed me somehow. I'm gonna give it a go and explore other paths in the game when I feel I'm ready. But it was one hell of a ride, I have always looked down on this genre but this was something different alright.
Order in which I beat the routes:
Emi > Hanako ...
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

I joined the forums almost just for this. KS has touched me in ways that no other piece of media has before. Thank you all so much for creating this beautiful piece of artwork. I know you guys aren't exactly set on making another game anytime soon, but if you do get that inspiration to start anew, rest assured that I will be bouncing off the walls when I get wind of the news.

Thank you, 4LS, for making me feel like a real, living, breathing human. Thank you for Katawa Shoujo.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly

Post by Guest »

Hi. I don't really come on to these forums, but I had to swing by and say it somewhere where the developers might read it, even if there's only the tiniest chance.
I want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all the blood, sweat and tears you poured into making this game. I know it couldn't have been easy at times, but on behalf of myself and so many others, thank you for sticking with it. This sounds corny. But your work has touched so many lives, inspired so many people, brightened even the darkest corners of the internet, and awakened feelings that many people had forgotten existed.
I know you've probably heard it all before. But I am so grateful for the experience you've given me that I have to at least show my appreciation.
I wish each and every one of you a bright future.
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.
DustyBoyT

Post by DustyBoyT »

5 minutes ago, I finished my last character arc, Lilly, with the good ending.

I can't remember the last time I've cried like that.

You guys did an amazing job with this. It may have taken you a very long while, and with limited resources I assume, but you made something truly special, and gave me an experience unlike any other. Your work certainly did not go to waste.
I wish I could say more, but there's not much else to say. You guys took me on a roller coaster ride that I'll be feeling the effects of for a long time.

I sincerely hope to see more in the future from you, 4LS.

Thank you.