Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dunkelfalke

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by dunkelfalke »

urishima wrote: Oh, I am sure the tea was hot at some point :D
I mean it wasn't cold but I wouldn't call it hot. Warm enough I guess.
The Judo trainer back then meant "hot". Also the school PE teachers always said "hot sweet tea is okay, but nothing else".
urishima wrote:Du bist nicht zufällig auch Deutscher?
Bin ich - mehr oder weniger. Bin sogar auch ein Battlemech :D
Würd mich echt über ne PN freuen.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

Just got back from my second session of the first week.

I managed the full exercise this time! While it wasn't easy, it was certainly manageable after I had a proper lunch and took some water with me. Feels pretty good, though I'm tired out, I'm happy with myself now.

I'm debating whether I should do an extra week 1 now since I only did half of the first one, I guess I'll see how I feel after I next go. It's not that big a step up so I think I might just go onto week 2 anyway.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Looks like more people have decided to start running, great! I'm starting week 3 tomorrow.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote:By the way, here's my self built bike after modifications - new crank, new cassette, new €700 fork, new shifters, new chain
I invested my money somewhat differently. Thermal underwear FTW!

Sadly, I'm retaking week 2 right now, after skipping two runs (work, work, as the orc's saying go) and failing at week 3 scheme. But no worry, I'll get there.
Al

Post by Al »

Dunno about you guys, but doesn't 30 mins of cardio sound a bit, short?

45 min-1 hour of cardio/exercise is a daily minimum you should be doing every day.
tarkin

Post by tarkin »

So i started working out, stretching situps pushups lunges one day, brisk walk the next. The only problem is i'm 300lbs :( . I have been notoriously lazy in my first 23 years of life and am working on changing that because i don't want to be unable to keep up with my nephew, but i need all the encouragement i can get. So thanks in advance and will try to update you on my progress weekly.
ook

Post by ook »

tarkin wrote:So i started working out, stretching situps pushups lunges one day, brisk walk the next. The only problem is i'm 300lbs :( . I have been notoriously lazy in my first 23 years of life and am working on changing that because i don't want to be unable to keep up with my nephew, but i need all the encouragement i can get. So thanks in advance and will try to update you on my progress weekly.
I'm 325, and I just finished the first week yesterday.
we can do it :idea:
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Al wrote:Dunno about you guys, but doesn't 30 mins of cardio sound a bit, short?

45 min-1 hour of cardio/exercise is a daily minimum you should be doing every day.
30 minutes is short, but I assume you are talking about the Emi chart. That chart is ment as a start up for people who have not been getting exercise for a long time. It's to avoid burning out by doing too much too fast.
Last edited by HurricaneHarvey on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

We can do it, everyone! It's really god damn hard to get out there and jog but we can do it! I know it's a pain to run alone, but just remember all of us here are running side by side in our hearts!

Though if it's not enough motivation, just pretend Kenji is chasing you - with his leaf.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
ook

Post by ook »

I bought some strawberry shampoo to channel my inner Emi, and to remind myself every day of my running plans. :D
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

It kind of makes me wish I had like... a beige athletic armband with the bandaged heart logo on it. If I'd the skill, materials, and more importantly, permission from 4LS - I'd make them for all the runners. Not that I'm getting my hopes up or anything, just an idle thought poking around.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Just finished run one of week 3. Went much better than the schedule suggested. I ended up running 7mins, walking 4 mins and then running 6mins. If i keep this up i might be able to run 20mins non-stop in a week or two.

@MoogleDee: if it was allowed, i'd get one of those :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
urishima

Post by urishima »

dunkelfalke wrote: Bin ich - mehr oder weniger. Bin sogar auch ein Battlemech :D
Würd mich echt über ne PN freuen.
Wusste gar nicht dass tonnenschwere, zweibeinige Kampfmaschinen VNs spielen :P

Schieß mir ne PM zu und sag mir was du wissen willst.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Finished session 1, week 1. It went better than I thought I would! For some reason, I decided it was a good idea to include going uphill (I walked this part). I didn't really feel too sore until I had to go upstairs back to my place. I also wish I had started on Monday rather than today on Wednesday, but oh well. I'm too stubborn to change and I didn't want to put off running another week. Like the Nurse says, the longer you put it off, the harder it is to develop habits.

Oh man... these 8 weeks are gonna rock :D
tarkin

Post by tarkin »

I can't quite do the jogging thing yet so i walked at a brisk pace(for me), enough to increase my heart rate. I walked about a mile and a half and i'm more sore than i've been in my life, but i feel good for having accomplished something :D