Things Hisao did you would've done differently

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

micechasekittens

Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by micechasekittens »

One of the great things about VN"s is that the reader has some say in how things play out. Yet, readers don't have complete control over many things that the main character does. I have heard some criticism of how Hisao handled a particular situation echoed a number of times on this forum. If you were in his shoes, how would you have handled a particular situation differently? Try to approach it from the perspective that you only knew as much as he did at that moment rather than meta-gaming it due to knowing how the story plays out.

For me, it was when Rin didn't want to participate in the art show, but I wasn't given an option to tell her it was okay if she didn't want to. I was given three choices which read as identical to me of him encouraging her to participate.

Also in Hanako's plot thread, Hisao keeps thinking of her as a little sister with his constant monologues how he will be her best friend ever. I would have asked her out way sooner. She looked way cute, lol^^
dunkelfalke

Re: Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by dunkelfalke »

The whole situation with Emi's father was so crystal clear after enough hints were dropped that I think the whole second part of Emi's path would have been very different in my case. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be for the better.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
danyo

Post by danyo »

dunkelfalke wrote:The whole situation with Emi's father was so crystal clear after enough hints were dropped that I think the whole second part of Emi's path would have been very different in my case. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be for the better.
Yeah, I felt exactly the same way about that, I was thinking, how can you NOT figure it out already. Though I'm not sure if I would have brought it up myself, so I might have ended up the same way as hisao, but with less worrying about what was going on.
ook

Post by ook »

Hanako's bad ending I even TOLD Hisao to agree with Lilly on the phone... but it wouldn't let me. I don't understand why not taking her into the city makes that choice un-choosable. And then obviously after she told him for like the 10th time to leave her alone, I can't imagine why Hisao kept trying :?
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

If I were in Hisao's shoes, the shed scene wouldn't have happened.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
newnar

Post by newnar »

Haters gonna hate, but

Have sex with Hanako
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

A lot of the plot endings I saw coming a long way off, but I wonder how much of that was me subconsciously knowing what this kind of story would entail, and Emi, Lilly and Hanako's routes are hardly extremely original plots, and I was looking for the whole "boy meets girl, they get on well, then find difficulties in the relationship, resolve them, and sleep together at some point along the line." IRL, relationships obviously don't as obviously follow that path, so I probably wouldn't have picked up on things as much. Emi's twist I probably would've gotten still, but Lilly's and Hanako's I'm not sure whether I would've. Also, there's the whole difference between living a life and reading about a life. In a novel, because not everything is described, it's easier to recognise events that're disguised which ring alarm bells, whereas IRL they aren't highlighted as much.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

newnar wrote:Haters gonna hate, but

Have sex with Hanako

For real. I felt awkward just reading it.

Shizune path
I personally would have preferred to stab Jiguro in the heart metaphorically with words and twist it a bunch. Instead of just running away from him like Hisao did.Even if I got a bad end from Jiguro killing me, it would have been worth it lol.

My linguistic venom is a show stopper. Many tears have been shed, and many stunned idiots staring at me blankly from my venom laced observations.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

newnar wrote:Have sex with Hanako
Indeed. Cuddling on the other hand... and certainly not just going to classes like that.. Then again, Hisao is supposed to be, what, 17? Not that much experience.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Hanako's bad ending. Well first off i probably would have given her some space and not tried to go see her at least till some time later. If i really had to see her, i probably would have offered her to go somewhere once, and if she refused i would have asked if she was sure, and the after that dropped it, maybe say something like,"If you need to talk or see someone, just call or come by my room." just to offer my assistance while giving her the space she needed. Hisao pestered the crap out of her until she snapped. In that way i am very similar to Hanako. In real life if i want to be left alone and i keep telling people over and over, i eventually snap at them since i get very annoyed and frustrated. I guess that gives me empathy in Hanako's bad ending.
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

For one, if I got manly picnic, I'd wrestle Kenji because dying by falling of a rooftop drunk is not manly.
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

I would say that as I played through I felt particularly at home with the choices they gave us when it came to making some actually serious choices to do things. It's all the small personal things that I would do that make me wonder how the story would change.

For instance, I'm actually a very optimistic and hopelessly-romantic type of person when it comes to life and relationships. I like getting flowers for a girl, and I wonder how getting flowers for any of the girls would change the story. Also, doing nothing and just sitting in quiet really bothers me to the point where I actually try and force conversation and/or fidget a lot.

Something that particularly BOILS MY BLOOD (excuse the language)is how Hisao is such a ass-hole when it comes to being intimate! For Hanako he doesn't even ask her how she feels about them doing that, or make sure shes comfortable and what not! While Emi clearly is a physical person, Hisao does very little to not take advantage of her urges! Even going so far as to 'console' Misha in her time of actual need of a friend! *bangs hands on table* DAMN it Hisao, that is NOT okay!

*deep breath* I do forgive him though... because when you're young, you're allowed to make mistakes. Kenji only knows that I have made a bunch myself, so I guess we'll call it even. The only thing I wish I could do (and I actually aspire to accomplish someday) is powerful scene where Hisao encounters Rin in his room and they (I specifically save this term for these cases) 'make love' to each other. While is a hybrid want of physical wants and needs, there's so much more meaning for each person as they speak and openly talk from their hearts as they get closer... and closer... and closer. Mentally, and physically, at the same time.

But yeah, I would just bring out the romantic card with flowers, piano playing, and show them my nerd side just to see how they would react all the sides of me. It's too bad that Hisao doesn't have too many chances to show his past characteristics to the girls to see how they would react to him... but then again, I suppose that defeats the purpose of the 'blank slate - new life' aspect of KS.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

nothing ....mistakes are made in life to grow stronger as a whole person ... both me and Hisao fucked up many time in life ... but we are both better ppl because of them mistakes ( i made it sound like Hisao is a close friend lol )
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Emi:I wouldn't try to shout her down in the kitchen. Not figuring out the whole dad thing was bad enough but I'm not surprised she threw him out after the way he talked to her.

I'd also have tried to loosen her butt a bit first instead of thinking lemon flavored lube was sufficient to just ram my penis right in!

Shizune: Not much wrong but I would perhaps have gone for a bit more physical affection. I know it interferes with communication but as a hearing boy kissing hearing girls I found we didn't really want to talk once we got going either...
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

metalangel wrote:Shizune: Not much wrong but I would perhaps have gone for a bit more physical affection. I know it interferes with communication but as a hearing boy kissing hearing girls I found we didn't really want to talk once we got going either...
^^ THIS ^^
and, I would have Won that game of Risk. :twisted:
For Queen and Country