Valid points that I do not understand

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AnonymousOfNorway

Re: Valid points that I do not understand

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

I didn't necessarily mean that people are definitely in one box or the other, but I thought that list might help show that there's different perspectives, not just the "either you're a pervert or you're not".
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:I didn't necessarily mean that people are definitely in one box or the other, but I thought that list might help show that there's different perspectives, not just the "either you're a pervert or you're not".
True, just teasing you a bit, like I said, you've got a point. And it's indeed far from black and white, boxes with nuances :)
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Perversion is a subjective value judgement that exists only in the mind of the assessor. There exists no objective standard for perversion. Debating this is pointless.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Perversion is a subjective value judgement that exists only in the mind of the assessor. There exists no objective standard for perversion. Debating this is pointless.
Hehe, wow, you sure know how to thrash a party eh? :lol: But you're right indeed, perversion only exists because the majority of 'other people' doesn't approve the behaviour.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Dammit. Every word in the dictionary can be subjective. This is what extrapolating forum discussion threads on any forum will conclude in.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

My point is that its silly to call this thing or that thing the 'definition of perversion', since there can be no true definition. To pull out a cliche, and one that was hashed over in the game no less, it's like trying to define art. Debate all you want, but you're not gonna get anywhere.

Anyway, wasn't this thread about how the OP didn't dig the game for reasons X, Y, and Z?
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Looks like OP bailed out on us. Might feel intimidated by enraged fandom. I don't blame him.
Still can't see him trolling though.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]