Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

New Age Retro Hippie wrote:Was the kid with the damaged/missing ear from Hisao's class/the art club ever supposed to have a portrait or dialogue? I was almost disappointed when I saw him in the art club but never got to interact with him, especially since it indicated that the two were not on the best of terms. :P
No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ivegottogodosomething

Post by ivegottogodosomething »

Have any of you, the devs had similar emotional experiences while playing this game to what so many of us have had, or did being so involved in the creation process make that impossible?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ivegottogodosomething wrote:Have any of you, the devs had similar emotional experiences while playing this game to what so many of us have had, or did being so involved in the creation process make that impossible?
No, none of us do that I'm aware of.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Aura, are your eyes yellow and brown in real life as well? :roll:
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

What would you guys added if you had another year to develop the game?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Swoopie wrote:Aura, are your eyes yellow and brown in real life as well? :roll:
They're not. I'm quite certain weee or whoever first drew natsume did it without having seen a photo of me.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

McBaggin wrote:What would you guys added if you had another year to develop the game?
I don't know. More art at least, there places where we were a bit on the fence whether we needed CGs. I guess refine the script some more, maybe pay more attention to the subplots in a couple of paths. Maybe some bonus material? That's about it.
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Aura wrote:
McBaggin wrote:What would you guys added if you had another year to develop the game?
I don't know. More art at least, there places where we were a bit on the fence whether we needed CGs. I guess refine the script some more, maybe pay more attention to the subplots in a couple of paths. Maybe some bonus material? That's about it.
Oh cool stuff. I hope additional or scrapped art and the "bonus" material gets released some day if you guys ever get around to it :)
ty aura , why are you so awesome :)?

Post by Guest »

Is there a reason the Antique store owner has a sprite when other minor characters, such as Hisao's father, don't?
Terrathel

Post by Terrathel »

okay... My friend played this game and insisted the one character (Rin) was just like me, which incited me to play it.... and yes, she is, or rather she is the way I was before my first rewrite, me being a word artist instead of an image artist, I call it rewrite instead of 'destroying myself.' I could see myself saying almost all things she said, if not always in the same words. She is slightly more flexible than me, but only by a little, if I stretched and practiced I could probably manage most of the same feats, even the over use of peripheral vision... Biggest differences are, I'm male, have both arms, and our art styles are different. I understood pretty much every line she said, and laughed every time she said something because I could see myself saying it. At least the me that I was in high school, sometimes the me that I am now, I decided to teach myself how to talk to people sometime after high school....

Side tracks aside.... Who wrote Rin's personality and script? More specifically who wrote it, and who was their inspiration? I would be fascinated to meet someone whose mind actually works in the same manner mine does
Terrathel

Post by Terrathel »

^----- just made an account, any direct comments, replies or questions can be messaged now My apologies for the double post
Base personality: So much like Rin that it actually is funny. After high school I 'destroyed myself' what I always called 'rewriting,' taught myself how to speak to people so that they could actually understand me.... mostly. And edited in some of Shizune's direct, focused, aggressive competitiveness.
Erthel

Post by Erthel »

Thanks for Katawa Shoujo.

Did you had any parallel KS project at the first months, like some guys wanted more p0rn and went for it, or was it all fitted on the same project and people just dropped off? Of course, seems none had the will and talent to bring out what you did :)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Is there a reason the Antique store owner has a sprite when other minor characters, such as Hisao's father, don't?
Scene visualization purposes. The scene he is in works better when he can be shown, while the other similar scenes don't have the same need.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Terrathel wrote:Side tracks aside.... Who wrote Rin's personality and script? More specifically who wrote it, and who was their inspiration? I would be fascinated to meet someone whose mind actually works in the same manner mine does
I did. Rin is not inspired by anyone, real or fictional.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Erthel wrote:Thanks for Katawa Shoujo.

Did you had any parallel KS project at the first months, like some guys wanted more p0rn and went for it, or was it all fitted on the same project and people just dropped off? Of course, seems none had the will and talent to bring out what you did :)
No.