Does else anyone here have my problem

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bradpara

Does else anyone here have my problem

Post by bradpara »

Hello,

I downloaded KS the day it was released.

I have finished all five routes, gotten all five good endings and can honestly say that I loved them all. (Yes, even Shizune).

I am at 93% Completion.

And I know I will never get any further.

Why you ask?

But I cannot bring myself to play any of the Bad Endings.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
misterprinny

Re: Does else anyone here have my problem

Post by misterprinny »

Yes, I have the exact same problem. I feel you bro :lol:

I was never much of a 100%, finish-everything gamer though, so it's all good.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

The completionist in me is baffled to even suggest skipping the bad endings. The doki doki part says that you should see the bad endings to gain further insight to the characters. I say this especially for Shizune. Yes it's a VN so there's the escapism thing going for it, but they're more than disabled girls you get to have sex with. By not doing the bad endings that says to me you know what I'm talking about and perhaps you care about them too much to see them hurt. If you really care about them, I would recommend doing the bad endings.

Rereading what I typed, it feels pushy. I apologize for that, but I'm just tossing out my 2 cents.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

I know how you feel, I don't like being a dick but only for when the situation calls for it(in Fallout 3 in the Stealing Independence quest I had to get the Declaration of Indepenence from a museum only for it to be guarded by a robot that thinks its George Washington and it wasn't going to give it up but it said it would make me a copy if I went out to get some ink, so I said fuck doing a fetch quest in a fetch quest and shot his ass) or doing it for completionist sake(do the bad end first so the good end will cheer you up)
newnar

Post by newnar »

All I can say is: Without playing through the bad/neutral endings, you are only getting half of what the arc offers.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

newnar wrote:All I can say is: Without playing through the bad/neutral endings, you are only getting half of what the arc offers.
I know that, but ... I did Shizune's bad ending and both of the not-good Rin endings... and I honestly can't force myself to do more!!
newnar

Post by newnar »

encrypted12345 wrote:
newnar wrote:All I can say is: Without playing through the bad/neutral endings, you are only getting half of what the arc offers.
I know that, but ... I did Shizune's bad ending and both of the not-good Rin endings... and I honestly can't force myself to do more!!

It hurts really bad, but I am a masochist. I want to hurt so that I can know that I'm real.
Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

newnar wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

It hurts really bad, but I am a masochist. I want to hurt so that I can know that I'm real.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
"One does not simply forget Katawa Shoujo.."
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Quite simply..
Yes, the Bad Ends will hurt.

But to avoid the Bad Ends and not get that remaining 7% to full completion. Is a Discredit to the team at 4LS.
Here's a group of people who worked over the last 5 years make a wonderful product. To not enjoy it in it's entirety, to lack the desire to intricately explore every facet of this wonderful gem that they've created? Inconceivable.

So, think of it like this. KS is just like the Bill Murry movie 'Groundhog Day'. Where you have to replay the same day over and over again till you get it right.
For Queen and Country
New Age Retro Hippie

Post by New Age Retro Hippie »

I'm a completionist who will never complete the game because bad feels.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I got Lilly's bad end about 3 times because I kept screwing shit up (how do you screw up this hard in a VN? Be me.) before getting the good ending. Each time felt bad. I think that makes up for it. I'm not going back for the other bad endings any time soon.

That, and, I've tried replaying. The game is too boring for me on a second playthrough. Lilly's multiple plays wasn't boring, but there was the metatension of "did I finally fix it?" It was like I was a time traveler trying to fix the past. Anyway, going through the game another time just isn't interesting for me, at least not until I forget most of it.

"But you can reload a save before the branch to the bad end" you may say. I don't like doing this. I don't enjoy the experience as much. It's difficult to explain why. If I do this, then the ending loses much of its impact, and I care more about the experience than a number telling me how much I've done. This is probably a unique thing to me. I dunno. So for now, I'll stick to my 95%.

I typed up a long document about my Lilly adventure, which I posted on Gamefaqs a long time ago. Would anyone be interested if I were to post it here somewhere? No? Oh well.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

You can always do the bad endings (you should really, it will make you understand the girls better) and then do the good endings once again. And if you want to prevent 'screwing up' you can always use the walkthroughs.
toxicmaniac

Post by toxicmaniac »

You should've done the bad endings first and then the good endings. That way it would hurt less as you will be more focussed in the good ending so you atleast forget a bit of the possibility of the bad ending.
Emi's route 7.5/10
Shizune's route: 8/10
Rin's route: 10/10
Hanako's route: 9.5/10
Lilly's route: Not finished
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Playing the bad ends is a good way to distance yourself from the game again, after having palyed it a lot. At least for me, it felt.. finished, afterwards. I still fire it up now and then to play some scenes again, but in a way, it helped me move on and realize that, in fact, it's just a game.

Also, if you can't stand the bad ends because you don't want to leave the poor girls like that, there's always the option of playing through the corresponding good end from the library directly after.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

alien.marksman wrote:But to avoid the Bad Ends and not get that remaining 7% to full completion. Is a Discredit to the team at 4LS.
Here's a group of people who worked over the last 5 years make a wonderful product. To not enjoy it in it's entirety, to lack the desire to intricately explore every facet of this wonderful gem that they've created? Inconceivable.
That. Is. Bull.

The devs don't get to choose how someone enjoys it. Their choice was whether or not to release it at all. After that, it's called Death Of The Author.

Of course, your choice of the word 'inconceivable' makes me think you might be jesting, because I don't think I've ever seen that word used seriously. :lol:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing