Running in 64-bit Linux.

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
PhantmKllr

Running in 64-bit Linux.

Post by PhantmKllr »

Hey everybody.

First post, FTW.

Anyways...

All my computers run Fedora 16 x86_64, been trying to get the game running but no luck. Been all over Google and the forum, but I can't find anything.

Is there any way to get it working, or is it just incompatible? Installing the ia32-libs is not an option. Period.
DeleV

Re: Running in 64-bit Linux.

Post by DeleV »

It comes with its own set of binaries, all 32-bit. I'm not sure it's realistic to try and replace them with 64-bit versions since I don't really know pygame internals. So without some serious effort, you either have a choice to use ia32-libs or install a 32 bit environment in qemu/virtualbox.
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

DeleV wrote:It comes with its own set of binaries, all 32-bit. I'm not sure it's realistic to try and replace them with 64-bit versions since I don't really know pygame internals. So without some serious effort, you either have a choice to use ia32-libs or install a 32 bit environment in qemu/virtualbox.
Basically, yes. And let's not forget that the game runs on a modified Ren'py engine, that may further complicate matters.

By the way, what keeps you from using the 32 bit libs?
PhantmKllr

Post by PhantmKllr »

DeleV wrote:It comes with its own set of binaries, all 32-bit. I'm not sure it's realistic to try and replace them with 64-bit versions since I don't really know pygame internals. So without some serious effort, you either have a choice to use ia32-libs or install a 32 bit environment in qemu/virtualbox.
Yeah, I figured as much.
dragonfi wrote:By the way, what keeps you from using the 32 bit libs?
I'm not quite sure, but installing them screws up my wireless card. I don't know how, I don't know why.

I suppose I could throw Windows on one of my older machines... :cry:
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

You could also try to install a 64 bits version of pygame and renpy, and let that use the game data. A bit of reshuffling of directories, and playing around on the command line, etc. might be needed.

Kind Regards,

B.