Nurse-kun's story (Damaged Goods)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gRaViJa

Nurse-kun's story (Damaged Goods)

Post by gRaViJa »

Reading some of the blog of the KS devs made me end up reading the story about Nurse-kun and Amputee-chan, which Nurse-kun says all hapened in real life. This is the story that inspired Nurse's character from KS and to some level Emi's history at well.

If you can see past the /b/tard reactions sometimes, it really is a hearth-warming story... If it's real. That question really got me thinking after finishing it. is it real or not?

The amount of details and emotional writing at times makes it believable. Also the details about their trips outside make some people believe it happened somewhere in Washington DC. However there are some points that could prove it was all made up. Someone said there are no facts about a car crash in 2005-2006 as described in the story. And i personally find it remarkable that Nurse-kun stopped posting in september 2007. During that month another story about a Mute blind girl appeared on /b/ that ended in september 2008. Just during that month, Nurse-kun made one last post again. I also find the writing style of the "blind mute"-author very mich alike Nurse-kuns writing style.

This probaply only makes sense if you read the story, but feel free to discuss.

(You can find the story here: http://shii.org/knows/Nurse-kun)
Last edited by gRaViJa on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Althamus

Re: Nurse-kun's story (Damaged Goods)

Post by Althamus »

Thanks for linking to this :) I also read about it from somewhere on KS (I presume their blog), and it piqued my interest, but I never managed to take it any further than that. I shall read and report back :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

You're welcome, it's worth the reading, really. I've been thinking where the story could have been situated, if the story is true. (yes, i'm having a boring evening). And i think it's not in Washington but in another US city. There are some "clues" in the story. I'm going all Sherlock holmes on this stuff, lol.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The fact that this was all over 4chan and noone there was able to confirm the stroy in any way makes a pretty good case that it's all made up.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

I like to give pretty much everything on the internet the benefit of the doubt. As a person I'd like to believe this story is true and that there really was a nurse out there who did what he did.

Truely I hope they're alright now.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Nightydreams wrote:As a person I'd like to believe this story is true and that there really was a nurse out there who did what he did.
Me myself, I wouldn't go so far as believing it, but it's nice to leave at least a hint of doubt about it. It's a nice story, in it's own, morbid 4-chan way. Apart from being an ideal moe wet-dream.
It's doubtlessly one of the great legends of the interwebs.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

It's a lovely story, even if Nurse-kun doesn't always do things that paint himself particularly sympathetically (the very first post, for example). Is it true? I don't know. One or two things stick out to me as being particularly improbable simply due to the legal issues involved, but I'm not a lawyer, so perhaps there aren't as many legal issues as I think there must be. And even if there are, I'm forced to admit that this isn't always an insurmountable barrier..

If it does turn out to be true, though, then she is so going to kill him when she inevitably finds the story and reads up to That Scene. If you've read the story, you know what I'm talking about.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I think i know what scene you are talking about lol. It would be terrible indeed if she ever reads those. However, it's good for at least for us to know those scenes were just /b/ being /b/ and didn't happen as such.

Btw, what about the possibility of exaggeration? Maybe Nurse did take care of a patient, but he changed her condition etc. to make sure nobody would find out who they are.

If that last post from Nurse-kun more than a year after, is true, then everything turned out fine for them. But the more i read about prove about it being true or false make me think it's at least partly made up.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Well having some parts fictional makes sense, no sane perosn would put nothign but the truth and only the truth on the internet, even less so on a blace like /b/
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Hyu

Post by Hyu »

I actually loved damaged goods and I wish there were more details of how he managed to adopt her.Are there any books similar to this? Because this story moved me emotionally and I wish to feel that again.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

gRaViJa wrote:Btw, what about the possibility of exaggeration? Maybe Nurse did take care of a patient, but he changed her condition etc. to make sure nobody would find out who they are.
Unlikely. The first post was made back when he was expecting it to be a random 5 mins discussion on /b/ and forgotten about forever, in which case he'd have no need to change details. It was only after that that it blew up into the phenomenon it now is, and he might have cause to want to change details for anonymity sakes. Although most of the main details were in that first post.

Also, thanks for linking this (and bumping it). I read it through (chap 15/23 now) and it's a really nice, positive read (despite being from /b/ :P). I'm glad you linked it :)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)

100 pushup challenge
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Althamus wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Btw, what about the possibility of exaggeration? Maybe Nurse did take care of a patient, but he changed her condition etc. to make sure nobody would find out who they are.
Unlikely. The first post was made back when he was expecting it to be a random 5 mins discussion on /b/ and forgotten about forever, in which case he'd have no need to change details. It was only after that that it blew up into the phenomenon it now is, and he might have cause to want to change details for anonymity sakes. Although most of the main details were in that first post.

Also, thanks for linking this (and bumping it). I read it through (chap 15/23 now) and it's a really nice, positive read (despite being from /b/ :P). I'm glad you linked it :)
You're welcome :) But, maybe he planned from the start to make more posts about it and just started of as being the average /b/ and see how it evolved from there. I wish i knew if it was real or not lol
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter overly. I'd like to think of it as true, because it makes me feel better about the world, and maybe inspires me a little bit to do better things. Whether it is true or not doesn't really make so much difference to me - the point is that it might be.

100 pushup challenge
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Althamus wrote:In my opinion, it doesn't really matter overly. I'd like to think of it as true, because it makes me feel better about the world, and maybe inspires me a little bit to do better things. Whether it is true or not doesn't really make so much difference to me - the point is that it might be.
Yeah, I can agree with this. There's enough humanity in that story to make it believable, at least to the point that something like that happened in real life. Maybe the little girl was a boy or something to throw 4chan off(No 4channer would guess that) or maybe the real details of the accident she was in was part of a government conspiracy, so not even 4chan could figure it out. Or perhaps, someone figured it out and hid the information to prevent the girl from being attacked from lolicons (4chan isn't completely heartless).

Besides, anons should remain anonymous. That's they way it should be. Oh, and I would laugh so hard if the little girl ever found this information then vented on /b/.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

encrypted12345 wrote:Oh, and I would laugh so hard if the little girl ever found this information then vented on /b/.
If that day ever comes, there will be a lot of heart attacks among the oldfags.