Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

asakayosapro

Re: Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Post by asakayosapro »

GiveMeTheKCrash wrote: Once I had a weird bug where it didn't work. I got 2/2 Clone Capture and hit Shizune on her Rumba , her normal special wasn't activated at that point. Obama shot me away. (No Hanako activated) The next target I hit , it was a one of the girls, activated the Multiball. Weird.
The thing is, how it happened was that I was READY! for multiball AND THEN hit Shizune with her special LIT as she was IN RUMBA mode.(Gendo OR a girl with SPECIAL LIT UP as you hit her will activate multiball.) Epic combo was epic.
So the next thing that kept happening for quite a while was that everytime I hit Shizune in/during THAT multiball while her special was NOT lit, Obama would save me instead. Sadly I did not score UDW or never saw Gabe Newell go cannibal during that epic run..

So what happened to you was just part of normal gameplay.
gainare_tottori wrote: Known Bugs:
Achievements awarded after the end of a run (What Exactly Were You Waiting For, etc) are not saved to the savefile until you finish the next run
>checks achievements, finds that Multiballer, Second Wind and a few more achievements have NOT been unlocked from that epic run

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUGH..why, oh WHYYYY
RoyMustang

Post by RoyMustang »

Hanako doesn't spawn if you are on fire, but it is possible to light yourself on fire right before you would reach Hanako and then AED yourself into her. I was disappointed when this did nothing special. I really think it should.
ArmchairTitan

Post by ArmchairTitan »

RoyMustang wrote:Hanako doesn't spawn if you are on fire, but it is possible to light yourself on fire right before you would reach Hanako and then AED yourself into her. I was disappointed when this did nothing special. I really think it should.
I agree.

And I feel that it should have something to do with this song.

Wonderduck

Post by Wonderduck »

It appears that the web version (http://images.4channel.org/f/src/katawa ... a_8-36.swf) of KC has disappeared... or at least, it's not loading for me and a few other people. Is this intentional, or just a glitch, or are we going to have to go through withdrawal symptoms?
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Wonderduck wrote:It appears that the web version (http://images.4channel.org/f/src/katawa ... a_8-36.swf) of KC has disappeared... or at least, it's not loading for me and a few other people. Is this intentional, or just a glitch, or are we going to have to go through withdrawal symptoms?
It loads for me, but more slower than usual, and it seems unusually choppy today. Is something going on?

Post by Guest »

Nekken wrote:
Wonderduck wrote:It appears that the web version (http://images.4channel.org/f/src/katawa ... a_8-36.swf) of KC has disappeared... or at least, it's not loading for me and a few other people. Is this intentional, or just a glitch, or are we going to have to go through withdrawal symptoms?
It loads for me, but more slower than usual, and it seems unusually choppy today. Is something going on?
I just get sent to the 4chan 404 page. I stopped by here, hoping it was updated, or something. What made it disappear?
asakayosapro

fake 404? feels bad man

Post by asakayosapro »

checked it, same problem

I just happened to have the flash file itself, but just merely opening it as a file does not open the same save/user data. Which means all of our save data/achievements are doomed..?
Does anyone know where the savefile for it is stored? /directory/filename.ext

Tried re-uploading it to the /f/lash board, but gives me 'duplicate file entry detected'

will try again with a tweak, but highly likely it might not read your saves (different filename, etc.)

and btw, here is the actual file. http://www.mediafire.com/?4651v9dh8zfqt1f

ed: Another hosted one is here but no, it does not read your save file and creates a new one instead.
PlanetRin

Post by PlanetRin »

You can use your save data from the online KCrash with the .exe (standalone) KCrash. It just takes a little digging.

Do a search in your "Documents and Settings" folder for "kcrashdata.sol". This is the file that has your character/achievement data. If you have saves for both the online and the .exe there will be (at least) two instances of the file.

"In Folder" shows the location of the files. The folder that ends with "katawa_crash_beta_8-36.swf" is the location of the online save file. Copy the "kcrashdata.sol" from that folder. Make a backup.

The folder that ends with "katawa_crash_beta_8-36.exe" is... the .exe version (also copy and backup, just to be safe). Paste the "kcrashdata.sol" from the .swf folder to this (the .exe) location. Yes, you want to replace the file.

You should now have all of your online data (achievements) on the standalone player.

*strikes dramatic pose*

Welcome.
gainare_tottori

Post by gainare_tottori »

I wasn't the one who put it up on /f/ in the first place, so I dunno what is going on with the link there to be honest.
<Doomfest> Oh god what is art
<Juno> Baby don't hurt me
<duanemoody> don't hurt me
<Juno> No moe
gogogogo99

Post by gogogogo99 »

How do we submit our scores? o.O
gogogogo99

Post by gogogogo99 »

Umm sorry for double post, im new, where am i suppose to put this to get into the scoreboards?

Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The images.4channel.org link seems to be down again.

Come to think of it, is there a reason the katawa-crash.org folks haven't started hosting a copy? It seems a perfect fit for the front page, with links to the Wiki and all that.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
nalgas

Post by nalgas »

asakayosapro wrote:
gainare_tottori wrote:KC is not really intended to be played in full screen mode. 1.0 will lock the resolution to 700x400 (and mask the 'outside' areas).
hmm, so it will be small like NANACA? Somehow feels bad man, but if it is really needed to reduce the lag, go with it.
I'm kind of concerned about this too. It runs incredibly well maximized on my desktop at 1920x1200 and on my girlfriend's laptop at 1366x768 (or whatever the native resolution of the thing is; I don't use it much). At the miniature default size of the window though, I can hardly see anything or tell what's going on because it's so small. A handful of things get a little pixelated, but most stuff looks great scaled up, and it makes it so much easier and more fun to play for me. Ideally I'd like to be able to just keep playing the way I do now (at whatever ridiculous resolution I want, with everything scaled up nicely), with the only change being to mask the areas outside the intended display area. I get that that might not work for everyone, but it would still make me sad...
gainare_tottori

Post by gainare_tottori »

The other option is to recode the special background into something less flashy that takes less of an FPS hit at large resolutions.

I'm willing to allow 1400x800 if a rig can handle it, but there are parts of KC that are built with the expectation that it is running at or very close to 30 fps all the time and in the large majority of computer builds out there Flash does not handle the really large resolutions that well without bogging down in places.
<Doomfest> Oh god what is art
<Juno> Baby don't hurt me
<duanemoody> don't hurt me
<Juno> No moe
nalgas

Post by nalgas »

gainare_tottori wrote:I'm willing to allow 1400x800 if a rig can handle it, but there are parts of KC that are built with the expectation that it is running at or very close to 30 fps all the time and in the large majority of computer builds out there Flash does not handle the really large resolutions that well without bogging down in places.
I'd be ok with that. As long as I can see what's going on I'll manage somehow, and that would look better than the crappy scaling of the Win7 magnifier thing. I definitely get that a lot of people are playing it on whatever they have laying around that KS itself happens to run on, including netbooks and ten-year-old heaps of junk that are only still working through some sort of miracle. Actually, I bet my MacBook would be kind of sad trying to run it full screen judging by how badly Flash runs on OS X, and it's only a couple years old. I'm probably just slightly in the minority firing it up on my dev/gaming box when I get bored. Heh.