Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
geekahedron

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by geekahedron »

Guest wrote:your flowchart made things so much easier! it's unbelievable! thank you so much!

the only i could ask for is maybe some explanation about Rin's path. it's so confusing as it is. what does each flag do? how does every choice affect the path?

i'm guessing "ART -" means he'll leave the art club? what do the rest do? you've got a bunch of asterisks but no footnotes.. and why is there 3 boxes with OR in them? i'm so confused...

i've been looking at the chart for half an hour (with the game paused on the choice in "studies in grayscales") and if i'm guessing right the choices you make in act 2 dictate if he'll stay in art club at the start of act 3 and nothing else? and how does it get factored? if you take either "you're amazing" or "like emi" you're out and anything else doesn't change anything?

NO WAIT!
i think i got it..
so the choices in act 2 dictated which choices will be available at the end of act 2 in "in her own image"? that means 6 possible options, only 3 of which are available at any single playthrough and 2 of which will make hisao quit art club? how needlessly complicated. i can't imagine how many tries it takes to see every scene, not to mention read every line, there being so many possible combinations of choices.

i think i got it but if i'm wrong anyone here willing to clarify a little? i would be very grateful.

anyhow i decided not to edit out my thought process so that it'd be easier to understand why the chart would be confusing to a laymen. a short explanation on the chart itself might save some other poor schmuck the hour it took me to figure it out..

and again, i would like to thank you for your effort - the chart has helped me a great deal. so thank you!!
Yeah, that's basically all there is to it. Each of the first three choices you make determines one of the options for "In Her Own Image" (and those have no other effect). Of those six possible options, two lead to Hisao leaving the art club, which in turn affects the appearance of one scene later on.
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
solo

Post by solo »

Emi's chart gives 404 again.
OtakuJingoku

Having trouble with finishing KS!

Post by OtakuJingoku »

Hey guys, I've been stalking and using flowcharts from here but I can't seem to get specific scenes. I'll post image links to show which ones exactly.

ACT 1 part 1
ACT 1 part 2

Emi
Hanako

Rin Part 1
Rin Part 2

Thanks for any help, also the game is very good, first time playing VN game here and I'm amazed :)
Truly an piece of art.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Act 1 Part 1: Slow Recovery - Join the student council and go run with Emi
Act 2 Part 2: The Deep End - Just be an ass to everybody.

Emi... Not sure if you're trolling... If you're missing two scenes directly after a choice point try the option you didn't pick the first time! In This case run after her when she leaves the room.

Hanako: Cut Petals - Take her out to town and don't listen to Lilly's advice.

Rin Part 1: Rose-Tinted Glasses - Too complicated to explain in a few words, but there are several walkthroughs out there that can show you how to get it.
Rin Part 2: Same as Emi. If you're missing scenes directly after a choice...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ThatDarnAsian

Post by ThatDarnAsian »

Weird...none of the charts are working for me ("Internet Explorer Cannot Display Page" error)

EDITED: They work, my mistake
Last edited by ThatDarnAsian on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi - Done (All Endings)
Lilly- Done (All Endings)
Hanako - Done (All Endings)
Shizune - Done (All Endings)
Rin - Done (All Endings)

100% Completed, Favorites: Hanako, Lilly, Original/Best-suited: Emi
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

ThatDarnAsian wrote:Weird...none of the charts are working for me ("Internet Explorer Cannot Display Page" error)
They all work for me, are you sure?
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Wow, thanks for all the work that went into these; I was actually considering doing something similar but I never would have come up with something this good. :wink:
geekahedron

Re: Having trouble with finishing KS!

Post by geekahedron »

OtakuJingoku wrote:Hey guys, I've been stalking and using flowcharts from here but I can't seem to get specific scenes. I'll post image links to show which ones exactly.
OtakuJingoku wrote:ACT 1 part 1
That scene is "Slow Recovery" and the easiest way to explain how to find it is to go for both Shizune and Emi at the same time.
OtakuJingoku wrote:ACT 1 part 2
That last scene is "The Deep End," also known as the bad ending of Act 1, for which you need to not go for any of the girls, or make any of the numerous mistakes that will land you there along the way.
OtakuJingoku wrote:Emi
Mirage_GSM wrote:Emi... Not sure if you're trolling... If you're missing two scenes directly after a choice point try the option you didn't pick the first time! In This case run after her when she leaves the room.
Not sure if you're trolling or just wrong ... to get the last two scenes of the good ending (what I like to call Emi's "best" ending) you have to spare a few minutes to talk to Motou after class when he asks. Then, don't follow her after she leaves the room, but stay and talk to her mom. That will avoid the "Instant Replay" scenario and jump straight to the good part of Act IV.

OtakuJingoku wrote:Hanako
The missing scene here is "Cut Petals," for which you need to go into the city at the end of Act 3 ("Beginning of the End") and then "Trust my own judgment" in "Faraway Presence" to find Hanako's "neutral" ending.
OtakuJingoku wrote:Rin Part 1
The missing scene is "Rose-Tinted Glasses," for which you need to pick one of the following at "In Her Own Image":
"You'd be wasting your talent otherwise" or "Because it would be exciting" or "You won't get a chance like this again" or "It isn't like you to hesitate like this."
OtakuJingoku wrote:Rin Part 2
The missing scenes are "Wavelength," "Blue Period," and "The World Only You Can See," and you simply need to pick the other choice ("But aren't you happy people are interested in your paintings?") at the scene before, "The Scene."

Finally, not trying to hijack the thread, but I have a set of flowcharts (see signature) that list all of the scenes by name so you can see specifically what you are missing and how to reach each of them, since you obviously seem to be interested in scene completion.

Mirage_GSM

Re: Having trouble with finishing KS!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

geekahedron wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Emi... Not sure if you're trolling... If you're missing two scenes directly after a choice point try the option you didn't pick the first time! In This case run after her when she leaves the room.
Not sure if you're trolling or just wrong ... to get the last two scenes of the good ending (what I like to call Emi's "best" ending) you have to spare a few minutes to talk to Motou after class when he asks. Then, don't follow her after she leaves the room, but stay and talk to her mom. That will avoid the "Instant Replay" scenario and jump straight to the good part of Act IV.
Sorry, I mixed up the scene names^^° I stand by the first part, though: Simply pick the option you didn't pick on the first playthrough.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
OtakuJingoku

Post by OtakuJingoku »

Thanks for the help geekahedron and Mirage_GSM.
Also, I'm not trolling, because this game is really good and why would I waste so much time even trying to troll :mrgreen:
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

Just wanted to add another thank you for making this! This was very helpful for gaining 100% completion after finishing initial run-throughs. Thanks again!
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:Just wanted to add another thank you for making this! This was very helpful for gaining 100% completion after finishing initial run-throughs. Thanks again!
No problem, I'm glad I could help people with this.
OtakuJingoku

Post by OtakuJingoku »

I got the 100% mark in the library, but I still haven't unlocked 1 picture which you're supposed to get when you have finished the game 100%.
Any help, ideas?
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

OtakuJingoku wrote:I got the 100% mark in the library, but I still haven't unlocked 1 picture which you're supposed to get when you have finished the game 100%.
Any help, ideas?
You have to get all the endings as well as unlock all of the scenes to get the last picture. The endings you might miss while still seeing every scene are the bad endings for Emi and Lilly.