Katawa Shoujo (and other VNs) kicked out of /v/

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Humbled Fan

Re: Katawa Shoujo (and other VNs) kicked out of /v/

Post by A Humbled Fan »

N. Bekkler wrote:
Either way, this board and reddit are much more appropriate for this game's atmosphere.
I second this.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I blame fanboys and idiots with their feels.

Also, visual novels aren't video games so why there were in /v/ in the first place, I never know.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Snow_Storm wrote:I blame fanboys and idiots with their feels.

Also, visual novels aren't video games so why there were in /v/ in the first place, I never know.
Agreed. After having played KS, I reclassified VNs under literature from games.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Please dont take sources from wikipedia....it looks bad.

In my opinion, a VN is a sortof game, but not one exactly. Wasnt one of the Fate/ series released on PS2 even?
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Hitman3256 wrote:In my opinion, a VN is a sortof game, but not one exactly. Wasnt one of the Fate/ series released on PS2 even?
A lot of VNs are released on portables and consoles in Japan.

By the broadest definition of videogames, visual novels qualify barely. Clicking is a form of interactivity. /v/ banning it was completely understandable, but the visual novel/videogame hybrids like Ace Attorney, Monster Girl Quest, and Rance were spammed until /v/ stopped banning visual novels (Katawa Shoujo still isn't very welcome though.).

It's a very, very blurry line that we shouldn't argue about here.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

KS is no less a video game than Dragon's Lair.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.

Post by Guest »

traitor's post was right on the money.

Majority of the material being posted in KS threads (for some time now) has had little to do with the actual VN itself, content varies from material that belongs on /adv/ or /soc/ to the same 3-4 people re-posting stories each night with the odd couple here and there attempting to maintain some kind of mind numbingly shit conversation. The steam groups followed a very similar pattern to the threads which I found quite funny.

That's not to say every thread is just that, there's people who attempt to discuss the VN but quite often they're drowned out by the ongoing quality.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Guest wrote:traitor's post was right on the money.

Majority of the material being posted in KS threads (for some time now) has had little to do with the actual VN itself, content varies from material that belongs on /adv/ or /soc/ to the same 3-4 people re-posting stories each night with the odd couple here and there attempting to maintain some kind of mind numbingly shit conversation. The steam groups followed a very similar pattern to the threads which I found quite funny.

That's not to say every thread is just that, there's people who attempt to discuss the VN but quite often they're drowned out by the ongoing quality.
That being said, it wasn't nearly as bad as the insanity that was My Little Pony. KS threads mostly kept to themselves. Several /b/ people have stated that the KS people are very harmless and /b/ has no reason to be as mad at them. They post guro once in a blue moon, sure, but that's just /b/ protocol.

It warms my heart to see random /b/ people trying out this game. I honestly do not know what this world is coming to, but it's still heartwarming.
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

N. Bekkler wrote:Either way, this board and reddit are much more appropriate for this game's atmosphere.
As another has pointed out, this is very true. I've lurked quite a bit in the past, but never posted until now. No particular reason for it, the mood just struck me today. Anyway, I prefer these forums to /v/. *shrugs* Nothing against /v/, but meh.. this area just seems better suited for my tastes. Only an opinion, of course.
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:
N. Bekkler wrote:Either way, this board and reddit are much more appropriate for this game's atmosphere.
As another has pointed out, this is very true. I've lurked quite a bit in the past, but never posted until now. No particular reason for it, the mood just struck me today. Anyway, I prefer these forums to /v/. *shrugs* Nothing against /v/, but meh.. this area just seems better suited for my tastes. Only an opinion, of course.
That's definitely true (except for the reddit part. I can't bear that website.). That being said, 4chan is just more fun.

The new board was up ... in only a day?! :shock: /vg/ videogame generals is insanely vague, but whatever.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Hitman3256 wrote:Please dont take sources from wikipedia....it looks bad.
Errr, no. It's a reliable source, especially for non-academic subjects like this.

Don't give me that bollocks about college professors not accepting Wikipedia either. That's because they want you to reference primary sources over secondary and tertiary ones for your essays. Many of them use it as a general reference themselves, and I've even seen doctors looking up articles for a quick overview of a particular condition.

/offtopic
encrypted12345 wrote:
AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:
That's definitely true (except for the reddit part. I can't bear that website.). That being said, 4chan is just more fun.

The new board was up ... in only a day?! :shock: /vg/ videogame generals is insanely vague, but whatever.
You may be surprised. Give the KS subreddit a chance, it's a great place.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

update:
now in 4chan exist /vg/ (video game generals) where Katawa Shoujo general can be posted freely.
now, in /v/ the confusion reigns. what kind of thread they can post now? they wonder.
My good luck put me in /v/ (im not a 4channer, except for search some cute picture in /cm/ or even /y/ like a good fujoshi) searching KS images...and days after i was in all! wow.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

I...dont understand how to use 4chan so I stay out of it....
Too many trolls for my taste >.>
Bara

Post by Bara »

Meh, going to 4chan makes me mainly crave a shower. I might check out /vg/ or whatever it is. Maybe.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?