Katawa Shoujo "Plus"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Katawa Shoujo "Plus"

Post by Guest »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, it's basically just a very elaborate piece of Fanfiction/Fanart, but calling it "KS Plus" is pretty cheeky...
Mahorfeus wrote:It makes me wonder if they even bothered asking any of the devs for permission.

I don't know, call it narrow-minded, but I can't bring myself to condone stuff like this. "Mentaru Shoujo" for example at least approaches a similar concept from a different angle with different flavor, but the whole "Plus" for this just irks me to no end.
KS+ was originally a temporary name meant as a placeholder and we're just rolling with it for now. At some point throughout the development cycle we may come up with a better name.

Post by Guest »

Mahorfeus wrote:It makes me wonder if they even bothered asking any of the devs for permission.

I don't know, call it narrow-minded, but I can't bring myself to condone stuff like this. "Mentaru Shoujo" for example at least approaches a similar concept from a different angle with different flavor, but the whole "Plus" for this just irks me to no end.

For the most part, no. We haven't asked. But we have talked to Doomfest and Mike Inel about helping us. (To which they declined but wished us good luck.)

And we're still pooling over names. For now "plus" or "+" is what we're going with.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Why not "KS Alter" or "KS Extra" or " NeoKS" or "KS~again"
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Guest wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, it's basically just a very elaborate piece of Fanfiction/Fanart, but calling it "KS Plus" is pretty cheeky...

KS+ was originally a temporary name meant as a placeholder and we're just rolling with it for now. At some point throughout the development cycle we may come up with a better name.
I'm not surprised, naming your work is generally much harder than writing it. I'm half way through a script with a writing partner that's just titled "mage" right now, not because we plan to call it mage or because it's a particularly good name but rather it's a fitting descriptor for what we're doing and it's hard find files you've saved as a blank. I totally understand why almost every project inspired by KS is using the KS name for the time being, it's the best way to describe what they want to do.

If they're still using the name without permission when they release it then it's ok to get worked up about it. Before that point it's hard to claim they're trying to "cash in" rather than just recruit people in the proper mind set for what they want to do.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Not to troll on you, KS+ Guest, but I cant see this coming off as successful in the future, unless of course your team is prepared to spend the next 5 years making it.
I give fanworks and spinoffs their credit where credit is due, but personally I think its just not the same as originals.

But, best of luck to you of course. Hope you prove me wrong!
newnar wrote:Why not "KS Alter" or "KS Extra" or " NeoKS" or "KS~again"
KS+ is temporary, I'm sure eventually the name will change to something else entirely.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Ironically, though, that's the part that they're most unquestionably in the clear on, since the name didn't come from 4Leaf.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Maybe all the girls in this KS are Plus-sized... ;)
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Guest wrote:This is just an homage, we're not trying to outdo, one-up, or cash in on the success of Katawa Shoujo.
Then change the name, otherwise it's a lie. If the art style of the image in the OP is any indication the name Katawa Loli should do.
Last edited by Otakumon on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

It should have a cool name like "Krippled Sluts". Then it could still be KS.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Otakumon wrote:
Guest wrote:This is just an homage, we're not trying to outdo, one-up, or cash in on the success of Katawa Shoujo.
Then change the name, otherwise it's a lie.
Taking referrence on why 4LS won't change the name KS to suit the japanese, they will simply be known as "the vn formerly called ks+"
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

I'm quite apprehensive about this.

I've already come to terms with the fact that Four Leaf Studios will not be continuing this series themselves. While I welcome other groups to try, I have doubts that it will measure up to the original (assuming that any are completed at all).

Still, if they can pull it off, it could be fantastic.
Or our best chance at getting a sequel, at least...
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

>Came here expecting like an expansion pack to the orignal KS
>Only see it's another group trying to cash in on KS success.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Snow_Storm wrote:>Came here expecting like an expansion pack to the orignal KS
>Only see it's another group trying to cash in on KS success.
Considering that 4Leaf had already announced, for a while now, that KS is and will be their only project.....
Dunno what you were expecting.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Hey, let's be civil. This is only fan fiction. Nothing more. If they charged money, then we can bash them with prejudice.
Rinmibro

Post by Rinmibro »

Lets get back to the real discussion at hand, this girl in the card needs a nickname.

Any ideas what her disability is?