Katawa Shoujo (and other VNs) kicked out of /v/

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

encrypted12345

Katawa Shoujo (and other VNs) kicked out of /v/

Post by encrypted12345 »

Well, there goes Katawa Shoujo's place in the /v/GA awards.

In all seriousness though, the panic in the /jp/ board has forced moot to create a new board. I don't think it'll be exclusively for KS, but it was clearly the catalyst.

Congratulations, devs. your work is quality and popular enough to reformat 4chan. This is a compliment if that wasn't clear.

Re: Katawa Shoujo (and other VNs) kicked out of /v/

Post by Guest »

VNs always seemed more like an /a/ or/jp/ thing, besides, /v/ sucks anyway.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Perfectly understandable, as while KS is a game it probably doesn't fit in well with /v/. That being said there was no reason to for the anti-KS trolls to keep posting their hate for the VN in the KS general threads, but I guess that is part of their trolling duties.

Meh, as long as they find a place to put the KS threads then I ain't bothered.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Nobody in Particular wrote:Meh, as long as they find a place to put the KS threads then I ain't bothered.
I agree though it's going to get a bit troublesome since KS just got kicked out of /jp/...

Well, if all else fails, there's /b/ until the new board is made.
[Anonymous]

Post by [Anonymous] »

Anyone have the pastebin link? Someone should post it here before it gets lost or something.
Mastahmongo

Post by Mastahmongo »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:Meh, as long as they find a place to put the KS threads then I ain't bothered.
I agree though it's going to get a bit troublesome since KS just got kicked out of /jp/...

Well, if all else fails, there's /b/ until the new board is made.
It would be intriguing to see /b/ threads, though i am sure it will get spammed with shitposts.
asdasdasd

Post by asdasdasd »

Welp, there we go. I warned you about this dozens of times. Exactly why did we need a General up 24/7?
Don't get your hopes up, KS will not have a place on 4chan anymore. Not after today.
Also exactly we did you need to spam the hell out of /jp/?
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

/v/ sucks and always has sucked - I realized long ago that if I'm interested in a game, those idiots WILL spoil it. As interested as I am, I avoid the Katawa Shoujo threads out of this fear. Besides, most of the posts in them are people complaining about 'shitposts' now, anyway.

That said, didn't a mod post in a thread about how it is a game and fits on the board? I know that there's a screencap of it out there somewhere.

Either way, this board and reddit are much more appropriate for this game's atmosphere.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

encrypted12345 wrote: Well, if all else fails, there's /b/ until the new board is made.
Well there is a thread up on /b/ now, although the majority of it consists of KS fans and /b/tards arguing about which section it belongs in. The reception is a lot warmer than I expected.
asdasdasd wrote:Welp, there we go. I warned you about this dozens of times. Exactly why did we need a General up 24/7?
Don't get your hopes up, KS will not have a place on 4chan anymore. Not after today.
If it is popular enough it will. Also the same thing could be said about numerous other fandoms/popular topics that are all over the 4chan boards, i.e. My Little Pony. It's unfair to single this fandom out just because people hate us more than the norm.
asdasdasd wrote:Also exactly we did you need to spam the hell out of /jp/?
All fandoms have idiots. KS has its fair share of them too, but again other things have been spammed unnecessarily, so why single KS out?
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

asdasdasd wrote:Don't get your hopes up, KS will not have a place on 4chan anymore. Not after today.
Also exactly we did you need to spam the hell out of /jp/?
Moot clearly favors Katawa Shoujo. There are banners of it after all. He is making a new board for it so that the /jp/ers would stop complaining.

It's way too popular to just get kicked out of 4chan altogether.
Nobody In Particular wrote: Well there is a thread up on /b/ now, although the majority of it consists of KS fans and /b/tards arguing about which section it belongs in. The reception is a lot warmer than I expected.
I might as well go check it out. /b/ is ultimately chaotic neutral, so it's not as bad people make it seem.

EDIT: ... /b/ is insanely civil. WTF?!? I've heard rumors of it's civility, but I never thought that they were actually true.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

KS generals were pretty much the only reason I went to 4chan at all. I mean, I used to be an /a/ goer, but then I just stopped watching anime all of a sudden.

I mean, there's always these forums, but they're so slow in comparison. And they're more moderated. dis is sad day.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

there are KS threads on /b/ now and they are the most civil threads i've seen on 4chan. AND there is comming a new board because of all that commotion... KS even changed 4chan lol.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

People are now spamming Hatoful Boyfriend (Pigeon otome game... no, seriously) at /v/. :lol:
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

encrypted12345 wrote:People are now spamming Hatoful Boyfriend (Pigeon otome game... no, seriously) at /v/. :lol:
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/970

Heh.
traitor

Post by traitor »

The threads were great in at first January, then it descended to circlejerking. I would prefer it this way, let the game make an exit before everybody gets too tired of the fanboys.

It feels bad knowing that giant pastebin of fan work goodness won't be multiplying anymore, but I think it's all for the best.