World of Katawarcraft? (that was a bad title)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Sgt_Frog

Re: World of Katawacraft

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Hey there, I posted a thread just like like this years ago...

SgtFrog casts Raise Dead! http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2068

Anyway, the thread is long and fairly wordy (and all the way back from Patch 3.2), so here's the super-condensed version. Please note that this was, of course, written long before the release of the game and as such, I could only go on what little I knew from the initial Ac 1 release:

Hanako: Shadowpriest. "Mind Flay", one of the central spells of a "s-priest" is sometimes known as "that face-melting spell" (I am a horrible person.) I haven't played in at least 5 months, so I don't know if it still does that.

Lilly: Tanking class, possibly Paladin (yes, inspired by all that "Lilly cosplaying as Saber" fanart. Lilly looks badass in heavy armor.) Some spells and talents seem to fit her fairly well like Stoicism and Blessing of Sanctuary (the tearoom)...and maybe Lay On Hands. Another possible choice is Druid, since many animals rely on smell and hearing much more than they rely on sight.

Shizune: Also Paladin, but Retribution spec as opposed to Lilly's Protection spec. The Ret talent "Seal of Command" fits because she's just got that "leader" vibe. Also, Hammer of Justice adds a bit of irony since it's a powerful stun/silence effect.

Emi: Combat Rogue. It fits surprisingly well. Why Combat? Well, she isn't too subtle (Subtlety spec) and she's not really the crazy type (Assassination)...A central Rogue skill, Sprint, is a given, as well as Cheap Shot, given her penchance for punching Hisao. She probably has awesome steampunk prosthetics. Also, the door to the roof had a lock on it, remember? Now, who could have picked that lock?

Rin: Arcane Mage, for reasons stated by the original poster, pretty much.

Misha: I'm tempted to make her a Warrior or something, simply because of the Warrior Shouts (Demoralizing, Commanding, and Battle Shouts). Nothing is quite as demoralizing as the dreaded WAHAHAHA~!

HIsao: I don't know.

Kenji: I originally had him as a Fury Warrior, because of his crazed fervor against the feminists, but after playing, I'm VERY tempted to make him a Shaman (you know why. If you don't, it's his "shaman eyes".). Probably Enhancement (he seems like the type of guy to dual wield and really go to town on enemies...or allies, since he can't see very well at all...).
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oh God I'm tempted on imagining what happen if Shizune went all-out aggressively without thinking shouting LEEEEERROOOOOOOOOOYYY JEEEEENKIIIIIINS

it'll be something like:

Shizune: [...!]

*rushes in*

Misha: LEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIINS WAHAHAHAHAAHA~
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I saw the title of the thread and first thought of Minecraft before WoW. I was hoping for Minecraft skins of Hisao and Rin♥. D:

I guess owning Minecraft and having never played WoW helps with that conclusion jump. =/
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
CNB

Post by CNB »

I have to imagine that Shizune would ragequit as soon as she started doing group content, because there'd be almost no way for her to bark orders and play at the same time.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Hanako plays SC2 as Zerg and she has 300 effective APM!!! And even if she did play WoW she would be Affliction Warlock. Partly because I play affliction warlock.
MadDogV2

Post by MadDogV2 »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Hanako: Shadowpriest. "Mind Flay", one of the central spells of a "s-priest" is sometimes known as "that face-melting spell" (I am a horrible person.) I haven't played in at least 5 months, so I don't know if it still does that.
It's still a central part of the spriest rotation if that's what you mean. Lore-wise, what mind flay does is assault the target's mind, forcing torturous thoughts and feelings of anguish and despair into their head. Like I said before it could suit Hanako because being able to do that might give her a morbid kind of comfort, and it's not like she has any shortage of ammo with her own memories.