Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Virgo888

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Virgo888 »

I was looking for some other media that could make me feel at least similar the way I felt with KS. I believe it was maybe, one of the three things in my life that made me really want to cry. I'm looking for some other visual novel, because it seems much easier to get in that world and be a part of it. Movies, animes, books, and other kind of stuff, rarelly had an impact in me, so, I was wondering if there was anything as good as this novel. While searching for something like that, found Clannad, and would like to know if that's good somehow.
Well, if someone has a recommendation for me, please, do so, and give me a brief description, please. :D
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Forlackofabettername made me remember the movie blood diamond, for some reason it just touched my heart, I guess it gave me some sort of mild "feel" case.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Virgo888 wrote:I was looking for some other media that could make me feel at least similar the way I felt with KS. I believe it was maybe, one of the three things in my life that made me really want to cry. I'm looking for some other visual novel, because it seems much easier to get in that world and be a part of it. Movies, animes, books, and other kind of stuff, rarelly had an impact in me, so, I was wondering if there was anything as good as this novel. While searching for something like that, found Clannad, and would like to know if that's good somehow.
Well, if someone has a recommendation for me, please, do so, and give me a brief description, please. :D
Keep watching Clannad. It gets really good (and sad) :D
Dante

Post by Dante »

Anyone here ever heard of The Butterfly Circus?
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Kashimashi, i read the manga and watched the anime in highschool a few years ago and god, the feels really got me with that, though it was also really funny. It was also a nice opposite to over the top action of One Piece.

About Clannad though, i watched the first episode and am thinking of watching more of it. Should i go for the Subs or is the English dub good?
odnsfvn

Post by odnsfvn »

Axelownz wrote:Kashimashi, i read the manga and watched the anime in highschool a few years ago and god, the feels really got me with that, though it was also really funny. It was also a nice opposite to over the top action of One Piece.

About Clannad though, i watched the first episode and am thinking of watching more of it. Should i go for the Subs or is the English dub good?

you should play it instead of watching it :P
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

odnsfvn wrote:
Axelownz wrote:Kashimashi, i read the manga and watched the anime in highschool a few years ago and god, the feels really got me with that, though it was also really funny. It was also a nice opposite to over the top action of One Piece.

Oh yeah, i forgot it was a VN, i had only known it as an anime for the longest time.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Getting my preordered copy of Puella Magi Madoka Magica reminded me how badly I cried because of that show and Gen Urobuchi's other works like Saya no Uta and Kikokugui - the Cyber Slayer. More in the former though.

Other visual novels also gave me a significant amount of the feels like Fate Stay Night, Tsukihime, Yume Miru Kusuri, Family Project, Sharin No Kuni, G-Senjou No Maou, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and Monster Girl Quest. Sengoku Rance did give me some feels out of it's sheer awesomeness until I learned it was part of some epic 23 year saga starring the protagonist that wasn't over yet. I then resolved myself to learn Japanese no matter what.

Notable anime include Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kara No Kyoukai , and School Days. I've enjoyed a lot of other anime, but these were the ones that made me get that feel.

About Clannad... It's insanely long, so reserve several full weekends before you start playing.
Blicer

Post by Blicer »

To the moon hit me hard

Watching clannad now.
danyo

Post by danyo »

odnsfvn wrote:

I'm interested in some second opinion of it, it's been recommended as an anime several times, but is it better as a VN or anime ( Yes, I know it's personal opinions, but please explain a bit why when you'd respond )

Also, I don't think I can remember anything giving me the feels like KS did for me, so I can't really recommend something :(
DH531

Post by DH531 »

If you are going to watch it, watch it subbed, I don't know the quality of the dubs but I generally feel that watching things in the original language is better.
danyo wrote:I'm interested in some second opinion of it, it's been recommended as an anime several times, but is it better as a VN or anime ( Yes, I know it's personal opinions, but please explain a bit why when you'd respond )

Also, I don't think I can remember anything giving me the feels like KS did for me, so I can't really recommend something :(
I just finished watching Clannad, gonna watch After Story later, and I absolutely loved it, there are funny moments, romantic moments and of course, the tear-jerker moments :cry: I haven't personally played the VN so I can't say much but the anime is very heart warming so I definately recommend it. However maybe the VN could have a different effect on you since you're working for the endings and also get more detail, rather than just watching it but that's up to the individual.
Perhaps you could watch it AND play it, maybe take a break between watching it and playing it so it's still 'fresh' when you do the other. I plan on playing it later one when I have time and have actually installed it etc.
Sorry if this isn't much help >.>
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

The death of Whitney Houston gave me the feels.

Valentine's Day gave me the feels.

This forum still gives me the feels.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Natsuki

Post by Natsuki »

Anime: Clannad, Kanon, Crono crusade ( I was bawling at the end), Naruto actually made me cry the most. and not because of the endless stupid fillers, but some really sad things happen, the same for what I have seen in one piece, which wasn't alot. 47 japanese, and what ever jumble mess the english dub was when 4kids had it. Ga-rei zero had me crying and depressed at the end, the same for blue drop. The girl who lept through time, Fushigi yuugi.

VN: Clannad, Kanon.

Games: Tales of the abbys. Tales of legendia, certain parts in Final fantasy VII( those who played it know that heart tearing scene.), Certain parts in Final Fantasy X.

hmmm, i think thats it.
Jikkan ni kaeru no yo! BAKA! BAAKAA!! BAAAAKAAA!!!
Gotta love Misha's "Wahahaha!!" I know I do. Lol.
Blicer

Post by Blicer »

Watched 14 episodes today. so good ^.^
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Several of the My Little Pony fan-made works have given me the "feels", as you call them. This in particular is a perfect summation of how I will eventually feel one day:

And now for some songs that I can connect with:
"It Hurts To Be In Love" by Gene Pitney. The lyrics describe every relationship I've tried to have to a T.

"Long Chain On" by Peter, Paul and Mary. It's just an all-around amazing song.

"Saratoga James" by Weird Herald. It's plaintive. It's blunt. It's beautiful.

"Free as a Bird" by John Lennon. The only thing that makes this song more beautiful is if you know the context behind it.

"Observation from Flight 285" by Paul Revere and the Raiders. I would like to suggest this as a song to listen to when you're stressed out. It's very calming, and it makes me feel like I'm flying.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2