KS: 3 Years Later - Hanako (WIP Comic)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Taggart

KS: 3 Years Later - Hanako (WIP Comic)

Post by Taggart »

So as I write and draw a lot in my spare time, and am also a massive fan of KS I decided that I'd put my writing and drawing to the test and this project popped into my head. Right now I'm in the concepting stage, mostly because I'm going to be doing a LOT of work before I even begin proper on this, including a complete refinement of the way I draw (as right now I draw really sketchily, and as far as I'm concerned sketchy comics look bad so). This very likely means that I may be teaching myself how to draw completely from the ground up again, but at least apart from a drawing quality increase it'll also give me more time to increase the quality of the writing too.

I'll post info here as I create it and pass it through my vigorous self-testing phase, and I guarantee this means that the story elements in particular will take some time to be updated, because I'm going to be trying the best I can to stay as close to the original writing in quality as possible. This is definitely going to take a while, but I'll be soldiering on the best I can. I'll appreciate and accept all feedback, and maybe a few ideas too. Oh yeah, and if this goes well then I may well do the same with the other girls too, because if I didn't I'd feel like an asshole.

Stuff that you can expect me to post as they're created:

- The actual storyline. (or parts of it, at least. I'll probably leave parts out that have particular twists or whatever, and instead circulate that between a few people for quality testing and feedback.)
- General concepts in text. This'll include characters and places and all that.
- Concept sketches. Obviously the same as above, except actually drawn out.
- Storyboards, both in text and sketches. As I proceed to start actually drawing out the comic I'll start putting up storyboard sketches and WIP panels and pages too. It may be a long time before I reach this stage however, so don't expect anything more than text storyboards for a while, and don't expect many text storyboards for a while either actually.

Since I've got very little complete, I'll place a short concept synopsis here from the text file I'm currently bombarding with concepts. I'll probably add some text character concepts on later, since I've got a few.

Hisao and Hanako, both now aged 21, have matured a lot since their time in Yamaku. Hanako has come a long way - though still edgy around strangers and still concious of her scarring, she is nowhere near as volatile as she once was. They're not engaged or anything yet, but they have the approval of Hisao's parents. The story takes place in Hisao's home city, where he has returned with Hanako to attend university, studying Physics. Hanako has a part-time job at a bookstore near their flat, but stays at home most of the time. They live next door to a classmate of Hisao's and his flatmate, who also works at the bookstore. (Names for these two probably will not come until I've sketched out a concept for them. I tend to be better at naming characters when I have a full visualisation of them).

In this story, Hisao is a bit of a mix of the Hisao seen in Hanako's route and the Hisao seen in Emi's - he attended the Science Club with Mutou (as seen in Emi's route), but retains most characteristics from his Hanako-route persona. Also, Hisao's parents might be met in person. To be honest I'm debating removing this, but I think before anything else I'll ask the great dudes at 4LS about any info they can provide on his parents - maybe I'll be able to include them more canonically than I could ever have hoped. Their information (if any) will also help me visually create them, as they are never *really* seen seen in KS.

The general gist of this is of course a "What if..." continuing on from the end of Hanako's route in KS, but as I go through concepting it'll probably evolve a bit. Obvious plot elements will be the disabilities that H+H suffer from, and of course, their relationship in the public eye in a location which is not a walk away from a school for disabled students.

Well, that's all I have time to put down right now. I'll add more when I have the time and as it's done. Oh, and if this is in the wrong section I do apologise, but I wasn't sure if a comic (though right now a conceptual one) could be considering Fan Fiction or Fan Art, considering it's pretty much both.
Ask me about my Hanako comic.
GG Crono

Re: KS: 3 Years Later - Hanako (WIP Comic)

Post by GG Crono »

Definitely some good ideas in here. I look forward to watching this project as it develops. :)
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

Stay tuned for some more story info hot off the presses sometime during this weekend.

Also a few character sketches/descriptions if I can force myself to draw them
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Nice. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Let me know if you need someone to proofread your draft or bounce ideas off of.
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

Couple of text character concepts right here. For now nothing in regards to the new characters is concrete, except for Kouhei, who simply needs more detail written in before he's what I'd count as perfect in regards to how I envision him. Last names for Sachiko and Nozomu will be decided post-sketch, most likely.

-Hisao Nakai: Retains hairstyle and overall appearance. Will most likely be drawn wearing jeans and a shirt with shoes.

-Hanako Ikezawa: Hairstyle currently undecided (it's a choice between a ponytail that keeps her distinctive fringe and bangs, or her original hairstyle). Tends to wear her boots, but may also wear trainers. Normally wears jeans. Will wear a t-shirt most of the time, sometimes swapping for a turtleneck sweater when working at the bookstore or when in public without her jacket. Retains the jacket she had in Katawa Shoujo but ditches the hat for now.

-Kouhei Yokoyama: Male friend of Hisao's from University. Suprisingly adept at adapting to and accepting new things. Is a good friend to both Hisao and Hanako. Mid-length blonde hair, stubble, brown eyes, wears a red hoodie with jeans and trainers. Friendly and outgoing, but sometimes quick to excite. Also lives in the flat next door to Hisao and Hanako, and often comes to visit them. Age 21.

-Sachiko ???: Another friend from University. Mid-long length black hair, brown eyes. Wears blue converse-styled sneakers with capri trousers and a t-shirt. Prides herself on never wearing makeup. Childhood friend of Kouhei, and often quarrels with him, though mostly playfully. Enjoys playing tennis, which she often does with ???*. Age 21.

-Nozomu ???: Kouhei's roommate. Works at a local bookstore, and as such is a good friend of the duo that lives in the flat next door. Mid-short-length black hair, slicked back to show his forehead, dark blue eyes. Wears a shirt which always has the sleeves rolled up with casual slacks and shoes, and is normally never seen without the bookstore apron. Intelligent and collected, but enjoys firing off wisecracks, puns, and other forms of witty humour. Plays baseball every second weekend for a local team, and is quite athletic despite his bookstore job. Age 23.

Will be sketching out the first concepts for Hisao, Hanako, Kouhei and Sachiko sometime soon. Maybe also Nozomu. For now I'm gonna get back to writing up the story as it currently is.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Cant wait to see the upcoming concepts! Sounds really good so far!
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Would definitely love to see more of this fleshed out. Keep up the good work.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
iamthenextkira

Post by iamthenextkira »

I can't wait.
Don't stop once you have me this excited. :o
Alcarran

Post by Alcarran »

Can't wait to see what will come of this!
tony246

Post by tony246 »

*looks at title and contents*
Yes. As in this is good. As in this is much appreciated. As in I will appreciate the work you put in this. As in if this is some thing that withers out to nothing I will be somewhat upset.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

Had some nice old insomnia so I'm currently doing some sketches of some of the characters, if they're of acceptable quality I'll scan them and upload them sometime later.

Also got a few more character concepts coming your way soon.
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

I like the sound of this. If there's anything you need help with then don't hesitate to ask me. I can provide ideas and try searching for information if need be.
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

I hate reading stuff like this because now I really want to see it come into full fruition. xD
Malkav

Post by Malkav »

Also, I am very curious to see how you choose to develop the story. I've seen quite a bit of fan-made content, both good and bad, so you have my best wishes in this endeavor.
New Age Retro Hippie

Post by New Age Retro Hippie »

Despite the fact that it likely shouldn't happen, I'd love to see Lilly appear, if only for a short time. Entirely sentimental, and don't take it as a serious suggestion (unless, of course, it really works :v). For such a comic, if there was ever a returning character besides Hisao and Hanako, it would be...

Mutou (visiting due to Hisao's similar interest in science perhaps?)
Nurse (checking up on Hisao/Hanako)
Kenji (still obsessed with feminism, and visits Hisao on a whim to interrogate him)
And of course, Lilly (and anyone related to her, though to a lesser extent).