Cpl_Crud Follow Up Interview

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shintai

Cpl_Crud Follow Up Interview

Post by Shintai »

Hey everyone. In case you didn't know, I recently interviewed Cpl_Crud and posted a video of it. If you haven't seen it, you can watch there here:

Now, after the interview, I realized there were alot more questions to be had with him before I moved on to trying to interview other members of the project. So I dragged him on again and interviewed him a second time, which you can watch here:

Don't worry there are barely any spoilers in any of these vidoes, and the ones that there are, are minor at best. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys!
Althamus

Re: Cpl_Crud Follow Up Interview

Post by Althamus »

Awesome :D I'd seen the first interview, but hadn't listened to the second one.

You definitely need to grab more of the designers and talk to them, it's really interesting to hear the thought processes that went on behind KS.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Althamus wrote:Awesome :D I'd seen the first interview, but hadn't listened to the second one.

You definitely need to grab more of the designers and talk to them, it's really interesting to hear the thought processes that went on behind KS.
I am trying to grab Aura next. I tried reaching out to Suriko but he doesn't seem to want to, and I don't want to force anyone to do anything.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I was literally rofling at the bonus bit at the end btw xP Glad you put that in. Also, you should put something in the desc of the YouTube advising people to stay until the end, there are quite a few seconds gap between the end of the interview proper and the bonus bit, and I nearly closed it because I'd assumed you'd badly editted it and left blank space at the end.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Althamus wrote:I was literally rofling at the bonus bit at the end btw xP Glad you put that in. Also, you should put something in the desc of the YouTube advising people to stay until the end, there are quite a few seconds gap between the end of the interview proper and the bonus bit, and I nearly closed it because I'd assumed you'd badly editted it and left blank space at the end.

I just added the notice, I might make an annotation aswell. I was pretty surprised with what he said aswell, shit made me lol. Also, maybe that will teach you to have more faith in my editing, I am no master but I ain't no scrub either. :P
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Awesome thanks for this dude!!!! I loved the first interview, gonna listen to this later since it's late right now for me, looking forward to it :D
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Awesome interviews!
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

DH531 wrote:Awesome thanks for this dude!!!! I loved the first interview, gonna listen to this later since it's late right now for me, looking forward to it :D
Personally I think the second interview is better, so I think you're in for a treat. :)
Bara

Post by Bara »

Ahh, the randomness of the little bonus part of the interview is well worth it. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Bara wrote:Ahh, the randomness of the little bonus part of the interview is well worth it. :D
Rin fans will either love or hate it, there will be no middle ground. :lol:
Bara

Post by Bara »

Shintai wrote:
Bara wrote:Ahh, the randomness of the little bonus part of the interview is well worth it. :D
Bah, as they are concerned anyone who is not a fan of Rin's is a "Rinfidel". There is no reasoning with them. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Bara wrote:
Shintai wrote:
Bah, as they are concerned anyone who is not a fan of Rin's is a "Rinfidel". There is no reasoning with them. :mrgreen:
RINFIDEL!!! :lol:

Anyway, that actually was funny speaking as a diehard Rin fan. I ... originally expected the Rin route to be something like that. :oops:
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

encrypted12345 wrote: RINFIDEL!!! :lol:

Anyway, that actually was funny speaking as a diehard Rin fan. I ... originally expected the Rin route to be something like that. :oops:
You expected dolphins?
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Shintai wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote: RINFIDEL!!! :lol:

You expected dolphins?
I expected something more carefree and surreal. ... Like a pool scene with a surreal dolphin CG. I could see that happening in my imaginary, happy-go-lucky ,cloud cuckoolander Rin path. I'm not complaining about how the Rin path really turned out, but ... yeah. :(
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

I'll check out these interviews ASAP. Excited to see them.