(My) Introduction, thoughts and a question

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hitman3256

(My) Introduction, thoughts and a question

Post by Hitman3256 »

Hellooo.

I've been sick since Thursday night, still am really, and I was looking through online and I saw that KS had been recently released (I've only heard about it once, and that was when I saw an idea of KS by RAITA's drawing, didnt know there was a demo), my interest was peaked first hearing about it although not knowing what kind of game it will be, honestly first thing that popped into my head was those cheap dating sims you see everywhere -.-
I downloaded it Friday evening and began playing, instantly addicted.
I decided to go against walkthroughs until I needed it for 100% completion later on so I began playing casually.
Very first path I got put through was Emi, did it twice with speed to get both endings (fortunately my first try ended with the good end ^^), next ended up with Shizune (which will lead on to my question later) and predictably enough since there was only one choice in the whole course, I ended up with the bad ending, redid it for the good one. I recently finished Rin, with the good ending even, I was missing only one scene also so I redid it with walkthrough so I got everything.
3 girls in 3 days, Emi on Friday night up until 6 am.....Shizune from 12:00 to about 8:00 pm Saturday, and Rin right after that until 2 am, went to bed and completed her today from 11:00 am to about 4:30 I guess.
Point is, I'm grateful to have stumbled over KS to get me through my sick weekend ^^ I had even skipped school Friday for it.

Emi, so far, has been my favorite, I swear I literally had fallen in love with her from the way she treated Hisao and him caring for her and trying to help her; Shizune, I liked the girl, but her relationship with Hisao left something to be desired; Rin's was a mess I have to say, almost ended up giving me a headache....I almost felt like Hisao was forcing herself to like her, she's cool and all, but very out of it. I wouldn't have bothered with her.

Now...question:
In Shizune's story, how exactly does choosing to "comfort" (Hisao's definition of that word and my definition are slightly varied...) Misha end up leading to the bad ending? Since the whole thing was just a big run-on set of events with no options, I might not have noticed the difference or something. I never really understood how that changed Misha really.

At 66% completion, I still have Hanako and Lilly to do, probably in that order. Hanako seems interesting, but Lilly im not looking forward to, Shizune has rubbed off on me.

Thanks!
newnar

Re: (My) Introduction, thoughts and a question

Post by newnar »

You just left Fat Man & Little Boy for the final 2.

Get rdy for HiroshimaXNagasaki-level hydro eruptions, 1945 style.

Anyways, yea, we all got da feels like u did.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Hitman3256 wrote:Emi, so far, has been my favorite, I swear I literally had fallen in love with her from the way she treated Hisao and him caring for her and trying to help her; Shizune, I liked the girl, but her relationship with Hisao left something to be desired; Rin's was a mess I have to say, almost ended up giving me a headache....I almost felt like Hisao was forcing herself to like her, she's cool and all, but very out of it. I wouldn't have bothered with her.

Now...question:
In Shizune's story, how exactly does choosing to "comfort" (Hisao's definition of that word and my definition are slightly varied...) Misha end up leading to the bad ending? Since the whole thing was just a big run-on set of events with no options, I might not have noticed the difference or something. I never really understood how that changed Misha really.
Emi love ftw! :D

And re: Shizune Q, put it this way, Misha was sleeping with her best friend's boyfriend. No matter where you go, that kind of thing is frowned upon. After that point, Misha felt incredibly guilty that she'd betrayed Shizune, and it completely tarred her relationship with her, which ultimately caused it to fall apart and Shizune to lose her best friend. It also coloured Shizune's relationship with Hisao to an extent as well, which led to Shizune deciding that she wasn't fit to have friends close to her, and to alienate herself from people to work out what her next step was. If you choose the good ending, there is no massive underlying guilt between the main characters, which means that they manage to patch up their comparatively minor grievances and become friends again. Leastways, that's how I remember it.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Althamus wrote: Emi love ftw! :D

And re: Shizune Q, put it this way, Misha was sleeping with her best friend's boyfriend. No matter where you go, that kind of thing is frowned upon. After that point, Misha felt incredibly guilty that she'd betrayed Shizune, and it completely tarred her relationship with her, which ultimately caused it to fall apart and Shizune to lose her best friend. It also coloured Shizune's relationship with Hisao to an extent as well, which led to Shizune deciding that she wasn't fit to have friends close to her, and to alienate herself from people to work out what her next step was. If you choose the good ending, there is no massive underlying guilt between the main characters, which means that they manage to patch up their comparatively minor grievances and become friends again. Leastways, that's how I remember it.
Ah....I see....yeah that does make sense. Thanks :)
Reading anything in my life I usually just understand the surface meanings anyways, its no wonder I missed that.
GaseousMask

Post by GaseousMask »

Hitman3256 wrote: At 66% completion, I still have Hanako and Lilly to do, probably in that order. Hanako seems interesting, but Lilly im not looking forward to, Shizune has rubbed off on me.
Those two for last eh? Get ready for the feels man. Get. Ready.

Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Christ, now you people are making me feel worse and worse....

In my just recent attempt, (trying for Hanako somehow) I managed to do the worst ending possible.
I guess it makes sense for it to be there, and I knew I'd find it eventually but not accidentally either, the path that doesnt have Hisao chasing anyone is very comical when I went through it, extremely stupid by Hisao and very very depressing that he just went out and got drunk with Kenji; Im like....wow, that was complete failure, then the idiot goes and accidentally kills himself.

Well....time for a re-try!
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

GaseousMask wrote:
Hitman3256 wrote: At 66% completion, I still have Hanako and Lilly to do, probably in that order. Hanako seems interesting, but Lilly im not looking forward to, Shizune has rubbed off on me.
Those two for last eh? Get ready for the feels man. Get. Ready.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/s ... 293270.png
At first I was amazed by how hard my first playthrough had hit me, emotionally. After a day or two I came to accept it. Then I was all like:

Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

This kind of thing is everywhere. You are so far from being alone with that post.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

I'm in act 2 with Hanako so far... :P
Seems pretty smooth.
GaseousMask

Post by GaseousMask »

Hitman3256 wrote:Christ, now you people are making me feel worse and worse....

In my just recent attempt, (trying for Hanako somehow) I managed to do the worst ending possible.
I guess it makes sense for it to be there, and I knew I'd find it eventually but not accidentally either, the path that doesnt have Hisao chasing anyone is very comical when I went through it, extremely stupid by Hisao and very very depressing that he just went out and got drunk with Kenji; Im like....wow, that was complete failure, then the idiot goes and accidentally kills himself.

Or was it an accident!? Haha if you remember from Emi's route (lol if i remember correctly) Kenji said if he were to kill someone, he would bring them up to the roof and get that person to fall off and make it seem like an accident, and in Hisao's case, getting him drunk. ALL ACCORDING TO KENJI'S MASTER PLAN!
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

GaseousMask wrote:

Or was it an accident!? Haha if you remember from Emi's route (lol if i remember correctly) Kenji said if he were to kill someone, he would bring them up to the roof and get that person to fall off and make it seem like an accident, and in Hisao's case, getting him drunk. ALL ACCORDING TO KENJI'S MASTER PLAN!
OHMYGOD YOURE SO RIGHT!!!!

Kenji did seem pretty chill when he got up even though they were both drunk....BUT. . . .
whats the motive??
GaseousMask

Post by GaseousMask »

Hitman3256 wrote:
GaseousMask wrote:

OHMYGOD YOURE SO RIGHT!!!!

Kenji did seem pretty chill when he got up even though they were both drunk....BUT. . . .
whats the motive??
Beats me, my theory is that Kenji might have suspected Hisao to be a double agent implanted by the feminists to spy on him seeing how Hisao transferred into the school during the senior year haha. With the invasion imminent and all
newnar

Post by newnar »

I second the above post. Got ninja'ed.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Just played through Hanako's arc.

Found nothing wrong.

geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Hitman3256 wrote:Just played through Hanako's arc.

Found nothing wrong.
Man, people keep saying this, but is no one else bothered by what amounts to date rape in the "good" ending? Seriously, it's here's a big emotional moment where she bares her body as a symbolic act of baring her soul and opening up and there's going to be a deep ... what, okay, let's have awkward sex instead, I guess. :? I know it was part of the story, but I would really have liked to see a good good ending where Hisao didn't act like a total tool.

That aside, found nothing wrong with Hanako herself, though <3
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]