Background Babbling

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EternalLurker

Background Babbling

Post by EternalLurker »

Not sure if this could kinda go in the tech forum, but, meh.

Is there any chance you guys could switch the hall/cafeteria/festival chatter to a sound effect instead of BGM for the final release? Being able to lower it with the Sound Effects volume bar like the fireworks would be preferable to having to lower it via the Music bar, because the point is that I don't want it drowning out the music as it always does. And since the game data's all obfuscated, having to break apart the rpa just to delete the background babble sound file would not be convenient.

(Yay for my first post and all that, though I'm _still_ too lazy to register.)
AppreciativeUser

Re: Background Babbling

Post by AppreciativeUser »

I hadn't really thought about this myself, but this is a good idea.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Really? I found the background babbling endlessly irritating to the point where I had to mute the music entirely just to play the game at some points. Maybe it's just me, then.
Fundefined

Post by Fundefined »

I found it really hilarious and was trying to discerning what they were saying, one phrase that is always clear is "profanity and less fighting"
AppreciativeUser

Post by AppreciativeUser »

I'm saying that it did annoy me that the babbling was so loud, but I valued the music too highly to just mute it altogether.
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Didnt bother me too much, but it would be a good idea to include a 'Crowd Noise Level' slider in the final realease.
Kel

Post by Kel »

I nearly fell out of my chair when the fireworks went off for the first time was half asleep and did not expect them plus they were super loud for me. Still like the effect don't get me wrong.
Envy

Post by Envy »

I have to say that the crowd babble in Rin's path, where you're both leaning against the mural during the festival, totally ruined the mood due to it drowning out the music.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That is in particular the most annoying incident regarding the background babble, yes.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

I was too busy crying like a girl when watching Rin's Fireworks scene to notice that.

I actually thought that the crowd noise wasn't so bad, but then I'm easy like New Orleans.
Imagine me and you...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

I for one rather like the background babbling effects. Though it does get grating sometimes, it's kind of fun to try to pick out what they're saying there, though it's mostly gibberish to me. About the only thing I can make out is some guy randomly talking about "Less profanity and less fighting", as was mentioned before. But on the other hand, it *would* be nice if you could turn it off at will if you so choose.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Envy

Post by Envy »

Vertical wrote:I was too busy crying like a girl when watching Rin's Fireworks scene to notice that.
This happened before the fireworks.

You and Rin, leaning against the wall, the view panning across the sky, lovely music, I'm reminded of quote "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence" and then BABBLE BABBLE BABBLE. Also, when the fireworks are going off they drown out the music of that scene too.

I'm not saying you should just turn off these sounds or make them toggle-able, simply lower the volume when it benefits the mood of the scene.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Any devs noticing this, or should I maybe post this in the Tech forum instead? I think it's a really big deal because the music is very good and the babble is very annoying when played at the volume at which I'd like to hear the music.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Awesomeness in a Bag of Awesomeness. Thanks a bunch. I'll try to find the other missed tags, because I'm pretty sure there were 2-3.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

I can't really concentrate on the story if I have voices in the background, would be nice too have in the game, but than they should also at the feature to put it off. :)
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.