the /v/idya game awards

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Parrot

the /v/idya game awards

Post by Parrot »

not sure if anyone seen this yet, but its a video game award show done by /v/ however the reason I am posting is, the show has music from ks see if you can find them all.

Brogurt

Re: the /v/idya game awards

Post by Brogurt »

Haha it looks like I got beat by a minute.

The /v/GAs, or Vidya Gaem Awards, were organized by 4channers following Spike's very own VGAs, which were terrible.
You can watch it here
http://vidyagaemawards.com/
And to be honest, even though it is made by 4channers, and is therefore more prone to being exposured to KS, it was interesting to see to what extent KS has permeated it.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING
I nearly broke down when Innocence started playing. Fuck, even writing that last sentence, the mere mention of the song, almost made me do the same. My brother was in the same room as me at the time, and he asked me what was up and said he didn't get it.

"Yeah," I said. "You don't get it."

SPOILERS FOR THE OTHER KS REFERENCES
Painful History was also played, and a clip was made for the /v/GAs referencing Emi and Hisao's anal scene showed up at the end, Ease was played at one point, and lemons showed up as well. I know that it's a stretch, but lemon scented anal lube is a meme. Also they said "there will be plenty of cripples for the 2012 /v/GAs. You done well, KS devs.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Brogurt wrote: SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING
I nearly broke down when Innocence started playing. Fuck, even writing that last sentence, the mere mention of the song, almost made me do the same. My brother was in the same room as me at the time, and he asked me what was up and said he didn't get it.

"Yeah," I said. "You don't get it."
I nearly lost it there too. I reminded me why I even go to 4chan. Because... they are honest. They may troll, they may be evil, and they may have a massive amount of infamy. But in the end... Anons are all bros who are just a little tsundere.

Yes, even the infamous /b/ 2.0
State of Mind

Post by State of Mind »

I found it pretty entertaining. In jokes everywhere and an honest look at the games industry by those who are the hardest core. We might be dicks but at least our award show is legitimately funny and not a pageant for developers to pimp games for next year.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing. I didn't think that through .I guess the machine won in the end. :)
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I about shit myself when I realized that the guy who voiced the DX protagonist sounds like that ALL THE TIME.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

KS music at 1:00:05 :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
RXD

Post by RXD »

I was watching it, in the middle I clicked on the time bar and BAM! video removed for nudity. any mirrors? It was pretty funny and I heard KS music after the homeless person ate a dragon age 2 disk
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

How did I sit through this entire thing???

...Some parts were funny, and some parts were normal, I suppose.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

RXD wrote:I was watching it, in the middle I clicked on the time bar and BAM! video removed for nudity. any mirrors? It was pretty funny and I heard KS music after the homeless person ate a dragon age 2 disk
https://www.bitgamer.su/details.php?id=50048

Only mirror I know of so far, can't set you up if you don't have an account there though, sorry.
Thrasher Thetic wrote:I about shit myself when I realized that the guy who voiced the DX protagonist sounds like that ALL THE TIME.
He never asked for this.
uwa

Post by uwa »

yipyapper wrote:How did I sit through this entire thing???

The awards were good, most of the stuff in-between was awful. I don't know if the "skits" were parodies of stuff from the Spike Awards, but very few of them were at all funny on their own.

Awards like "The Kind of Okay Award for Best Developer" and the "Press X to Win an Award for Worst Gameplay" were almost as good as the skits were terrible
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

uwa wrote:
yipyapper wrote:How did I sit through this entire thing???

The awards were good, most of the stuff in-between was awful. I don't know if the "skits" were parodies of stuff from the Spike Awards, but very few of them were at all funny on their own.

Awards like "The Kind of Okay Award for Best Developer" and the "Press X to Win an Award for Worst Gameplay" were almost as good as the skits were terrible
Agree... I kinda felt like they were trying too hard to be funny.

Agreed with most of the awards though.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

The last speech, before the Least Hated Game award was brilliant.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!