A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 526

Elrood

Re: Would you watch Katawa Shoujo anime?

Post by Elrood »

Whammy wrote:Since a lot of stuff I watch in animes tend to be VN, there tends to be several ways they go about it:

3)Choose one route, but incorporate non-romantic versions of the other routes. Clannad and Kanon are good examples, but they had one girl who was sort of the "definite" girl, Nagisa and Ayu respectively. Since KS doesn't have this, it would be harder to do unless you did OVA episodes of the other girls.

For fairness and narrative purposes, KS would probable be better served as a series of OVAs, each one doing one route or so. Act I could theoretically be done in a fashion to option 3 though, since it would just stop before he makes a choice in girls but all of them could be incorporated into the story.
That's the same conclusion I had too and pretty much the only way I can see this work. Though I wouldn't have anything against it, if they didn't had a "definite girl" and just go with OVA's at some poiont. Of course something like that has to be funded, which entirely depends on the success of a KS-Anime.
Acerus

Post by Acerus »

I'm kind of torn between answering yes and no. One the one hand I really liked the stories for Lilly, Emi and Shizune, but on the other hand you have five characters, most with a good, bad and neutral ending not to mention the bad ending to Act 1. If that was all crammed into one series it would feel messy, poorly executed and fans would be pretty irate. On the flip side of that coin if you only do one character's route and only one ending you'll please some people but piss off the rest.

It's one of those things that only looks good on paper, and to bring it to fruition would be a little insulting.
Completion: 100%

Lilly:       Completed
Emi:        Completed
Hanako:  Completed
Shizune: Completed
Rin:         Completed
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

If one existed, yes. But since one will never exist and the best we can hope for is some fly by night outfight trying to cash in on KSs success by knocking out some poorly done knockoff, then no.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

I'll start by saying that i don't think one could ever be envisioned and come off as good as the VN.

However if someone invested time into the project and was guaranteed to not half ass anything and it was done Omnibus style (think Amagami SS, 'cause anything but would be wholly unfair) then i'd definitely watch.

Being reasonable though it'll never happen.
nemo

Post by nemo »

I would watch the anime out of sheer loyalty.

The problem with VN adaptions done in the style of stitching the arcs together is that switching from one girl's route to the next seems sudden and kind of hard to believe. It's a little too convenient that Ayu pops in when her plot needs to be advanced. I think Shuffle did the best job in stitching the routes together.

Like others have said before, the anime would have to be done in the style of Amagmi SS or Higurashi devoting x number of episodes to an arc. With 5 main girls, this could probably be a 26 episode anime with 5 per girl and an intro episode. Trying a 12 or 13 episode version would turn it into the first Kanon animation.
Titus

Post by Titus »

If it's an Anime then who would Hisao romance?

This time people can't choose.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Titus wrote:If it's an Anime then who would Hisao romance?

That's why some are for the Amagami SS style. In it each girl gets five episodes for her story then it starts over again with a different girl's story so you get all the girls' stories by the time the anime ends. No coices but you do get all the sotries.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

It could only be Kenji.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Otakumon wrote:

That's why some are for the Amagami SS style. In it each girl gets five episodes for her story then it starts over again with a different girl's story so you get all the girls' stories by the time the anime ends. No coices but you do get all the sotries.
For shits and giggles, not all the girls should get good endings. Ha. Aha. Haha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

i suppose Clannad and Kanon had multiple paths too? Even then, the animes came out as complete masterpieces. I really doubt anyone was let down by seeing their favorite girl becoming just another friend to the protagonist.

I'd definitely watch an anime version, even more so if Hisao's main love interest turns out to be the girl I want. But if people would really get frustrated by the fact that only one girl would be chosen, then maybe doing it Amagami SS-style wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I still think it wouldn't be so difficult to explore every girl's paths while chosing one of them to be the main one.
kingshivan

Post by kingshivan »

okay... my previous post was retarded because of my lack of experience with the game.

Now that I've finished Emi, Hanako, and Lilly... I would want Lilly to be the choice in an anime, sooo badly.

And I have no doubt that I'll say the same thing after Rin's lol. But oh man, Lilly's arc was just... beautiful. Awesomely beautiful.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

fcd15 wrote:i suppose Clannad and Kanon had multiple paths too? Even then, the animes came out as complete masterpieces. I really doubt anyone was let down by seeing their favorite girl becoming just another friend to the protagonist.

I'd definitely watch an anime version, even more so if Hisao's main love interest turns out to be the girl I want. But if people would really get frustrated by the fact that only one girl would be chosen, then maybe doing it Amagami SS-style wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I still think it wouldn't be so difficult to explore every girl's paths while chosing one of them to be the main one.
Well, Clannad and Kanon, especially the former, had one obviously true route while the other girls were just side routes. Katawa Shoujo isn't like that.
Zerokontrol

Post by Zerokontrol »

Yes of course, i mean what kind of a person that would say no?! i hope someone will make it happen, that would make me happy! :)
Xomy

Post by Xomy »

Well I wouldn't.

1) Except if they make 5 animes, there wouldn't be as much content.
2) The fact that you are playing KS, making choices and the first person narration are for me one of the big reasons KS give so much feels. That would disappear in an anime.
3) I would hate to have the characters voiced. They've all got their voice in my head already so it's like watching a movie adaptation of a book you've read. Things aren't right.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Zerokontrol wrote:Yes of course, i mean what kind of a person that would say no?! i hope someone will make it happen, that would make me happy! :)
You have only 2 posts and both of them revived old threads........................y u do dis?
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.