I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zig_Zac

Re: I wish Misha had her own route *spoilers for Shizune's r

Post by Zig_Zac »

metalangel wrote:
traitor wrote:you remember those cheery fat girls in your middle school and high school?
Hands up if you thought Misha looked fat. And then you saw her with her hair cut and in the T_T cutscene on the roof where she confesses to wanting Shizune, and realized it was her giant ridiculous hair that was adding about 50 pounds to her face.

I couldn't stand her. Not just because I wanted time alone with Shizune but I swear I'll never be able to read 'Wahaha' again without feeling a twinge of nausea.
Quark wrote: I think the sex scenes were there just to remind you that Shizune and Hisao are a couple, because otherwise they do absolutely nothing that indicates that they are in a romantic relationship. It ended up just being really weird and random though.
Well, three things:
1. Shizune apologizes for being a bad girlfriend later on, because she's been busy with school and council stuff.
2. She isn't used to this sort of relationship, and so isn't really sure about expressing affection... plus having an insane bisexual (or whatever, not the point) friend who follows you everywhere isn't conducive to much experimenting.
3. Unlike, say, Emi's path, we don't get to spend every moment of every day with them. We get to see the days where something of importance happens, we don't get to see when there's a quick squeeze or peck or holding of hands during the days in between.
I think Misha looked kind of chubby... thats evident even in the scene when she has a shirt on... her boobs are less defined and perky than the other girls'... and in the end of Shizune's good ending, when they take the photo, Misha looks quite chubby there too.... but not in a very bad way, just chubbier than anyone else.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Misha looks like a girl who enjoys a good sandwich now and then, that's all.

I still think a theoretical Misha route should end with her deciding to stay a lesbian and you and her becoming BROS FOR LYFE and going out on the town to pick up chicks together.
nyttyn

Post by nyttyn »

themocaw wrote:Misha looks like a girl who enjoys a good sandwich now and then, that's all.

I still think a theoretical Misha route should end with her deciding to stay a lesbian and you and her becoming BROS FOR LYFE and going out on the town to pick up chicks together.
Well that's one way to go trolling for women.

Stereotypical two women in a bar.
"Ladies?" "Ladies?"
They turn around... BAM! Bros for lyfe combo hitin' on them! Except one bro is A LESBIAN PLOT TWIIIIIIST
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

I think leaving out a Misha route is the best option because as mentioned it would require some flip flopping of her sexual orientation and she's pretty obviously gay.
I'd like to submit her exact quote:It's my first time WITH A MAN. Those last 3 words are what make me sure. I'm more surprised that this far in the discussion there's no one who points out that between that quote and her well established popularity she could have found someone of her preferred gender to console her. In reality Misha isn't there for sex to console her, she's there for one of two reasons that I'm still debating mentally. A) Sex with Shizune by proxy. She can't have Shizune herself so instead she's hoping to have Shizune's love through the one person Shizune's given it to. or B) Leaving Shizune as miserable as Misha is. This one seems less likely but she does come to know them both pretty well so even without telling Shizune that Hisao cheated it's possible Misha could know the outcome.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

themocaw wrote:Misha looks like a girl who enjoys a good sandwich now and then, that's all.
It's all those takeouts. Misha, it goes to her hips and waist. Shizune, all to her mighty breasts.

Post by Guest »

Cyraknoss wrote:I think leaving out a Misha route is the best option because as mentioned it would require some flip flopping of her sexual orientation and she's pretty obviously gay.
I'd like to submit her exact quote:It's my first time WITH A MAN. Those last 3 words are what make me sure. I'm more surprised that this far in the discussion there's no one who points out that between that quote and her well established popularity she could have found someone of her preferred gender to console her. In reality Misha isn't there for sex to console her, she's there for one of two reasons that I'm still debating mentally. A) Sex with Shizune by proxy. She can't have Shizune herself so instead she's hoping to have Shizune's love through the one person Shizune's given it to. or B) Leaving Shizune as miserable as Misha is. This one seems less likely but she does come to know them both pretty well so even without telling Shizune that Hisao cheated it's possible Misha could know the outcome.
Misha's popular? I know she gets on with a lot of people but I wouldn't say she has many friends - the only people she probably considers real friends are Shizune and Hisao (and maybe Lilly, given how in Lilly's route Misha says that she'll miss her and it was nice to work with her in the SC, but I doubt she's close enough to Lilly to warrant going to her room for "comfort", healthy adolescent sex drive aside). Maybe Misha did try to go to Shizune for sexual comfort, but Shizune wouldn't go through with it, whereas Hisao is easier to persuade because he does have some physical attraction to Misha (he even says after he refuses that he feels regretful). One of Shizune's good points is that she's fiercely loyal, even if she doesn't know how to go about relationships - she tried to stay loyal to both her best friend and Hisao. One of Misha's worst points is that she can really be thoughtless even if she means well, and this is shown in most routes (remember Hanako's panic attack?)

I personally think Misha just wanted to feel wanted by one of her friends for a night, only she ended up feeling even more guilty as she doesn't have feelings for Hisao and she becomes entirely aware of how this will fuck her friendship with Shizune up for good. She was only thinking of herself when she came onto Hisao, and when she realises the consequences this could have on everyone, they're mid-fuck and it's too late to back out (which is probably why she tries to tell Hisao to "never mind" after the sex is over). If you refuse Misha, she realises when she goes to leave your room - she even thanks Hisao for saying no.
danyo

Post by danyo »

Shizune's playthrough was the only one I got the bad ending for with my first playthrough, because I couldn't not comfort misha ( I didn't know it'd turn into a H-scene, and I never saved before choises on purpose ). The point being, I think misha's a great and nice girl, and if a girl like that came to me for comfort, I'd do it ( I wouldn't have sex with her, but for me it wasn't obvious ).

I don't think a misha route is neccesary though, even though I really do like misha a lot like a person, her almost always happy and cheerful and carefree attitude is something to admire. It just kinda sucks that the only way to be on good terms with her is to not comfort her when she's feeling down :(
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

danyo wrote:Shizune's playthrough was the only one I got the bad ending for with my first playthrough, because I couldn't not comfort misha ( I didn't know it'd turn into a H-scene, and I never saved before choises on purpose ). The point being, I think misha's a great and nice girl, and if a girl like that came to me for comfort, I'd do it ( I wouldn't have sex with her, but for me it wasn't obvious ).

I don't think a misha route is neccesary though, even though I really do like misha a lot like a person, her almost always happy and cheerful and carefree attitude is something to admire. It just kinda sucks that the only way to be on good terms with her is to not comfort her when she's feeling down :(
Just remember in the future when playing eroges that whenever someone needs to be comforted it means sex and not actually comforting them and being there for them in thier time of need and you won't make that mistake again. 8)
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I used to wish Misha had her own route. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

Um then I found out she is very obviously a lesbian. a) She fancies Shizune, b) Her time with Hisao was her first time with a man. 'Nuff said. A romantic story with no romance kinda loses half it's point, and it'd be weird being able to romance, sleep with and live happily ever after with all the other girls, and just be Misha's bff.

Although Bros For Lyfe ftw :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

That's a great idea, actually; Misha would make an awesome wingman.
metalangel wrote:It's all those takeouts. Misha, it goes to her hips and waist. Shizune, all to her mighty breasts.
Eh? Misha's better endowed than Shizune by far.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Guest wrote:Misha's popular? I know she gets on with a lot of people but I wouldn't say she has many friends - the only people she probably considers real friends are Shizune and Hisao (and maybe Lilly, given how in Lilly's route Misha says that she'll miss her and it was nice to work with her in the SC, but I doubt she's close enough to Lilly to warrant going to her room for "comfort", healthy adolescent sex drive aside). Maybe Misha did try to go to Shizune for sexual comfort, but Shizune wouldn't go through with it, whereas Hisao is easier to persuade because he does have some physical attraction to Misha (he even says after he refuses that he feels regretful). One of Shizune's good points is that she's fiercely loyal, even if she doesn't know how to go about relationships - she tried to stay loyal to both her best friend and Hisao. One of Misha's worst points is that she can really be thoughtless even if she means well, and this is shown in most routes (remember Hanako's panic attack?)

I personally think Misha just wanted to feel wanted by one of her friends for a night, only she ended up feeling even more guilty as she doesn't have feelings for Hisao and she becomes entirely aware of how this will fuck her friendship with Shizune up for good. She was only thinking of herself when she came onto Hisao, and when she realises the consequences this could have on everyone, they're mid-fuck and it's too late to back out (which is probably why she tries to tell Hisao to "never mind" after the sex is over). If you refuse Misha, she realises when she goes to leave your room - she even thanks Hisao for saying no.
Misha's popularity isn't explicitly stated but I'd still say it's firmly established. I remember various lines about her being well liked and the fact that she's on top of all the gossip in the school means she's definitely got to have a large social circle.

I agree partially with you on her motives but I'm still firmly in the Misha's a lesbian camp. The primary difference between the good and bad endings is Hisao's guilt prevents him from helping properly. Misha's feelings all have absolutely nothing to do with Hisao as she reacts roughly the same on either path. Which is why I'm positive Misha only came to Hisao looking to get closer to Shizune by proxy and regrets it more because it didn't work, she's not into men after all, rather than because she betrayed Shizune. The "never mind" after it's over is actually after she tries to say something to him, I'd hazard to say she was considering admitting she was gay to Hisao then and there and decided against it.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Bagheera wrote:
metalangel wrote:It's all those takeouts. Misha, it goes to her hips and waist. Shizune, all to her mighty breasts.
Eh? Misha's better endowed than Shizune by far.
Shizune is also much slimmer, what she does retain only seems to go to one place ;)
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Cyraknoss wrote:The "never mind" after it's over is actually after she tries to say something to him, I'd hazard to say she was considering admitting she was gay to Hisao then and there and decided against it.
WOrst. Thing. To have said to you during/just after sex ever.

"Wow, that is what sex with guys is like? Fuck this, I'm gay."
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101

Post by Guest »

Althamus wrote: "Wow, that is what sex with guys is like? Fuck this, I'm gay."
Okay, next time I see the Misha H-scene, instead of drowning in guilt and feeling dead inside, I'm just going to remember this and laugh my ass off.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I would loved to see a Misha route. She has a very interesting character after all.

The reason there is no Misha route is because she is lesbian? F that.That is exactly why there has to be a route dedicated to Misha. Whats the point of routes when you are not going to change anything in a girls life? For instance in Emi's you try to save her from her inner depression and problems. Pardon me but I didn't see any change other than "bringing back Shizune and Misha together again" in Shizune's path. She almost kept her former self in the ending. Nothing changed at all. In a possible Misha route however, you can change Misha's life completely. Misha is a character has secrets and problems as far as we see in Shizune's path. She definetely has secrets about her life and coming to Yamaku. I also think she was bullied at her mid school since she replies instantly to Hisao's question "Do you miss your friends from your mid school?" by saying "No."

Even the love Hisao would give to her can change her feeling about Shizune too, who knows? I am not a path writer after all, it would be their imagination I would totally appreciate after all. If Katawa Shoujo is not dead yet, please make a Misha path, Personally, I loved the game and don't want it to be abandoned.

Sorry for grammar and fluency, not a good writer either.